When Are Wonderlic Scores Revealed?

Gugny

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know many don't believe in the Wonderlic as an indicator for NFL success.

I do, but only at the QB position.

Anyone know when they come out for the 2017 draft?

.....the high Wonderlic score for Harvard boy PickSixFitzpatrick was very beneficial (COUGH)...........Manziel was 32 and Casper-Nick was 34......thinkin' that was Manziel's IQ..............

Here is what I believe to be fact for prospective NFL QBs, beginning in 2000, still holding true today:

A Wonderlic score of 0-15 means that the player will NOT be a successful NFL QB.

A Wonderlic score of 16 or greater means that the player COULD be a successful NFL QB.

There is no Wonderlic score that could predict that a player WILL be a successful NFL QB.

So everyone who likes to use Fitz as an example, all his high Wonderlic score meant is that it was POSSIBLE that he COULD be good.

Take a look at every QB from 2000-2016 who has scored less than 16. You will find that 100% of them are NOT successful NFL QBs.

Edited by Gugny

Here is what I believe to be fact for prospective NFL QBs, beginning in 2000, still holding true today:

A Wonderlic score of 0-15 means that the player will NOT be a successful NFL QB.

A Wonderlic score of 16 or greater means that the player COULD be a successful NFL QB.

There is no Wonderlic score that could predict that a player WILL be a successful NFL QB.

So everyone who likes to use Fitz as an example, all his high Wonderlic score meant is that it was POSSIBLE that he COULD be good.

Take a look at every QB from 2000-2016 who has scored less than 15. You will find that 100% of them are NOT successful NFL QBs.

.....should GM's and HC's be administered the Wonderlic?.......could be great entertainment........just sayin'............

.....should GM's and HC's be administered the Wonderlic?.......could be great entertainment........just sayin'............

If they're candidates for an NFL QB vacancy. But I don't think that's the case.

Which is one of the reasons I wanted the Bills to roll the dice with him instead of Tyrod.

Its merely another tool to grade a player on. Being smart is like arm strength, having it doesn't mean you will succeed as a QB but not having means you likely will never be anything.

...yup....Marino was a 16....Manziel was a 32......means Dan was 1/2 as good as Johnny Meatball, right?..............

...yup....Marino was a 16....Manziel was a 32......means Dan was 1/2 as good as Johnny Meatball, right?..............

If you have any adults nearby, perhaps one could help explain this to you.

If they're candidates for an NFL QB vacancy. But I don't think that's the case.

Which is one of the reasons I wanted the Bills to roll the dice with him instead of Tyrod.

Yah that 50% on the test makes him smart. Face it Gug, Cardale will be selling used cars in a few years.

Jim Kelly and Donovan McNab were in the teens as well If I remember correctly. They both did alright. :w00t:

Which is precisely why I said "since 2000." :w00t:

Yah that 50% on the test makes him smart. Face it Gug, Cardale will be selling used cars in a few years.

Mike ... keyword when talking about those who score above 15 is "could" be successful. Not "will" be successful.