Today I Learned....PartII

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Yes that should be done to cats only.  Owners optional if they cannot bear to be without their support cat.

My cats would ditch me in a second for a potentially better slave to control.

TIL (according my Uber driver in Vegas)

the origin of low pants wearing. 

You see kids these days, mostly black kids, who wear their pants SOOOO LOW. 

In prison, the lower you wear your pants, the more likely you are to accept a hot beef injection.

Show the waist band - you are straight.

Show a full cheek and you are down to bone. 

I havent verified this but  thought It made sense so I’m going to roll with it for the rest of my life and not bother to fact check 

On 4/6/2018 at 7:56 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Reading that story is interesting, because you wonder how the pilot knew to wait. He was tipped off.

The wife called the airline ahead of time to say the man was running late (and presumably stuck in security log jam).

And can you really blame TSA?  Every Tom, Dick, & Harry terrorist would pull the "old my grandson is going to die" act.

Just goes to show you.  When in doubt, CALL.  It isnt like we all don't have a phone on us. They know everybody who crosses into that security zone, the airline knows he is checked in... The call is confirming things.  Airline can talk with TSA.

This ain't some magic story about a caring pilot (well sort of) story.  The burdened traveler CALLED, dotted his I's & crossed his T's.

Good fortune starts at home folks. Unfortunately, back in Denver said daughter was making bad boyfriend choices! That's the sad part.

Sorry to be the killjoy and wreck a magical narrative.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

6 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Reading that story is interesting, because you wonder how the pilot knew to wait. He was tipped off.

The wife called the airline ahead of time to say the man was running late (and presumably stuck in security log jam).

And can you really blame TSA?  Every Tom, Dick, & Harry terrorist would pull the "old my grandson is going to die" act.

Just goes to show you.  When in doubt, CALL.  It isnt like we all don't have a phone on us. They know everybody who crosses into that security zone, the airline knows he is checked in... The call is confirming things.  Airline can talk with TSA.

This ain't some magic story about a caring pilot (well sort of) story.  The burdened traveler CALLED, dotted his I's & crossed his T's.

Good fortune starts at home folks. Unfortunately, back in Denver said daughter was making bad boyfriend choices! That's the sad part.

Sorry to be the killjoy and wreck a magical narrative.

This kind of thing happens frequently, but doesn't get attention because it isn't publicized.

The agents would tell the captain. That's how he gets notified.

Departing on time is sometimes a judgement with a lot of variables, and sometimes not.

If the captain knows the situation, there are a lot of ways to game the system to get someone on board who has at least checked in at the airport.

On the other hand, sometimes its just not possible.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/13/2018 at 8:24 AM, Canadian Bills Fan said:

This is included in a Princess Bride cast memories video. Great video and it is on YouTube but bookmark is at home.