The worst thing for this organization is another sub par yea

I was listening to WGR. Schopp and the Bulldog had a guest. Forget his name. The topic came up about another mediocre year (7-9, 8-8) could keep this team from getting one of the big 3 QBs 2018. Darnold, Rosen and Allen.

Most people would probably project us to have around a 7-9 record. Give or take a few. That would be devastating. These sub par years have kept us from guys like Winston, Mariota, Wentz, Ryan etc. We would probably be better off now if we had a couple real bad years.

With that said, we now have to spend to cap and give Tyrod all the help possible. If we don't and miss the playoffs again and miss out on one of these guys. We could looking at the drought continuing for even longer. McCoy is at the end of his prime, Watkins contract is coming up.

Let's not ride the fence. Go all out.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I certainly don't see a playoff run happening next year barring some type of miracle. The middle of the pack stint is getting tough to bear. If winning less than 5 games would put us on track for the playoffs by 2020 I could live with it.

honestly, at this point, what difference does it make?

this year will be mediocre.

the year after that will be mediocre.

and eventually after enough of those years, maybe this year or the next, one won't be mediocre.

honestly, at this point, what difference does it make?

this year will be mediocre.

the year after that will be mediocre.

and eventually after enough of those years, maybe this year or the next, one won't be mediocre.

This is how I feel, and how I have felt for what seems like an eternity.

The Bills have been a leaky dam throughout this drought. They are good enough about plugging holes on the fly, but as they plug them, new ones pop up.... and depth always bites them. The offense and defense kind of teeter-totter back and forth. Trading up focusing on a position or player is another franchise-undermining symptom. This has gotten them nowhere, save maybe one or two meaningful December games over the course of the 2000s

This gives me an appreciation for what the Browns are doing. They tore their dam down completely... then started to build it from the foundation up, taking their time, trying to increase the likelihood of building a much more sustainable dam. I know 'tanking' is a dirty word, and I don't think it would work in the NFL. The Browns' 2016 record was a byproduct of their organizational enema, tearing it down to the studs. They have Hue in there who has time and assurance to build his program.

The Titans also did this to a degree and it started to pay off last season and they are setting up for the long-term.

A bold long term plan would be so refreshing to see from the Bills. I wouldn't mind only a few wins over the course of a couple seasons.