Beer Thread

RaoulDuke79

I try to stay pretty local when it comes to my beer. Some of my favorites...

Light:

Labatt's Blue Light

Molson Canadian Light

Corona or Blue Light Lime (summer)

Craft:

Great Lakes Conway Irish Ale

Big Ditch Hayburner IPA

Big Ditch Deep Cut DIPA

Big Ditch Galaxy Red PA

Hamburg OMS

Hamburg Irish Red

Southern Tier IPA

Ithaca Flower Power IPA

and last but not least...

Guinness

SM_12ozBottle_webTrans.png

Is this any good? I'm a huge sour fan but after a few bad ones and getting weary of spending the money without knowing what I'm getting myself into.

I know it's a Bills site but the one Buffalo beer that was put out by Southern Tier is really good. Most of the Southern Tiers I have tried have been good. The Cherry Gose (a sour) was just alright though.

I know some people have wives with gluten allergies (as does mine) she can get away with drinking Corona Light. It was explained (I'm foggy sorry) that the gluten is so low it is basically gluten free. Since she only likes beer (ni wine or hard liquor) this was great news to her.

Is this any good? I'm a huge sour fan but after a few bad ones and getting weary of spending the money without knowing what I'm getting myself into.

That is the hard part as so many Sours are only sold in 750ML bottles. Good news is this Victory looks like a 12oz beer.Total Wine does a great job of selling singles of just about any beer they sell that is not only sold in 750ML, so can always try one before committing to the sixer.

I know it's a Bills site but the one Buffalo beer that was put out by Southern Tier is really good. Most of the Southern Tiers I have tried have been good. The Cherry Gose (a sour) was just alright though.

I know some people have wives with gluten allergies (as does mine) she can get away with drinking Corona Light. It was explained (I'm foggy sorry) that the gluten is so low it is basically gluten free. Since she only likes beer (ni wine or hard liquor) this was great news to her.

I haven't had much experience with sours, I'm more of an IPA guy. I had Sour Monkey for the first time at Victory Brewing a few months ago and developed quite an affection for it. Personally my taste buds think it's great but I don't have much to compare it to.....As an added bonus it packs quite a punch. I think it's about 10% abv. Edited by RaoulDuke79

That is the hard part as so many Sours are only sold in 750ML bottles. Good news is this Victory looks like a 12oz beer.Total Wine does a great job of selling singles of just about any beer they sell that is not only sold in 750ML, so can always try one before committing to the sixer.

Victory is a 12. I'm gonna pick some up on the way home tonight.

What is total wine? I'm not familiar with it. The places that sell craft beer do the same but generally I don't find sours in the selections. Probably because as you said a lot are in 750ml bottles. A friend of mine despises them and says they taste too much like wine. I see what he is talking about but I just find them delicious.

I haven't had much experience with sours, I'm more of an IPA guy. I had Sour Monkey for the first time at Victory Brewing a few months ago and developed quite an affection for it. Personally my taste buds think it's great but I don't have much to compare it to.....As an added bonus it packs quite a punch. I think it's about 10% abv.

Sold. I bought a 4 pack once of a sour and didn't check it was 3% abv!!! I felt like such an idiot. :bag:

Separately I would be remiss to not at least mention Fat Tire by New Belgium. It is my favorite "regular" beer by far. It is an Amber Ale. I'm not a hops guy at all so IPAs and others are generally not highly rated by me. If you haven't tried it find it. You'll be glad you did.

Edited by section122

Victory is a 12. I'm gonna pick some up on the way home tonight.

What is total wine? I'm not familiar with it. The places that sell craft beer do the same but generally I don't find sours in the selections. Probably because as you said a lot are in 750ml bottles. A friend of mine despises them and says they taste too much like wine. I see what he is talking about but I just find them delicious.

Sold. I bought a 4 pack once of a sour and didn't check it was 3% abv!!! I felt like such an idiot. :bag:

Separately I would be remiss to not at least mention Fat Tire by New Belgium. It is my favorite "regular" beer by far. It is an Amber Ale. I'm not a hops guy at all so IPAs and others are generally not highly rated by me. If you haven't tried it find it. You'll be glad you did.

I was going to buy a case of Sour Monkey today, but it was $48 and I just found out I have to shell out $1500 for a new breaker box, so I got a case of Perpetual instead. One of my favorite beers I drink fairly regularly.

perpetual21.jpg?t=1461605986565

So you guys like the high ABV, and I am on the eternal quest to find beer I love that is low ABV.

My favorite Saison might just be Tank 7 by Boulevard, but at 8.5% I tend to not drink it as much as a local Saison that is 6.0%

BTW, this beer is generally avialble nationwide..highly recommend.

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/423/50570/

So you guys like the high ABV, and I am on the eternal quest to find beer I love that is low ABV.

My favorite Saison might just be Tank 7 by Boulevard, but at 8.5% I tend to not drink it as much as a local Saison that is 6.0%

I'll look at the store for what the low abv sour was and let you know.

Founders All Day IPA is a very good session IPA at 4.7 ABV. One of my go-to beers for summer parties in the back yard. I can put back 8-10 of them and not be trashed.

I tried a couple stouts tonight: C.R.E.A.M donut infused cappuccino milk stout and fat Charley's raspberry chocolate stout. The first really wasn't my style, but others were raving so I figured why not. The second was decent, nothing special.

I had just eaten dinner and for whatever reason, I lean towards these type of beers after eating.

I tried a couple stouts tonight: C.R.E.A.M donut infused cappuccino milk stout and fat Charley's raspberry chocolate stout. The first really wasn't my style, but others were raving so I figured why not. The second was decent, nothing special.

I had just eaten dinner and for whatever reason, I lean towards these type of beers after eating.

Because it's similar to drinking coffee after dinner, with a little extra punch.

Long night........

Mad chef F-18

Mad chef hoppy Easter

Victory sour monkey

Troegs perpetual

Sixpoint Resin

Lexicon grapefruit

......soccer at 9 am tomorrow. No rest for the weary.

Edited by RaoulDuke79