Dennison snd Tyrod

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I was listening to Sirius and Gil Brandt said "Can you imagine Taylor in a Rick Dennison offense? With the bootlegs and waggles." He and his co host were pretty excited and feel like Tyrod is going to have a big year. I am excited about this and if anyone can break down what Dennison does a little, it would be appreciated.

Gil's not infallible but the "grandfather of the NFL" knows a thing or two about football. That's a comment that should excite most Bills fans, of course some are so entrenched in their positions that even a sledgehammer won't break that shell.

As someone that wanted to move on from Tyrod I was well aware that Tyrod could run the Dennison offense. He is a good scheme fit.

Now I need to see the Bills still scout the QB position. If they continue to ignore drafting and developing QB's then they deserve to be attacked for their continued incompetence. :Let's not forget what happened just last year where they identified a QB and were going to pick Dak but ended up throwing away that plan to get an inside linebacker for Rex.

Gil's not infallible but the "grandfather of the NFL" knows a thing or two about football. That's a comment that should excite most Bills fans, of course some are so entrenched in their positions that even a sledgehammer won't break that shell.

Speaking strictly for myself, I'd rather wait and see what actually happens then get excited over some off-season comment.

I think I have been posting this a lot, but Chris Trapasso did a write up on the type of offense Dennison would be looking to install: http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/1/20/14331974/rick-dennison-buffalo-bills-offensive-coordinator-tyrod-taylor-all-22

Here's a highlight from the end

Dennison was the Ravens’ quarterback coach in 2014 when Tyrod Taylor was still in Baltimore. Because of the high-usage of “moving pockets” via play-action bootlegs, a quarterback with mobility is crucial. Both those facts increase the chances of Tyrod being the Buffalo Bills quarterback in 2017 and beyond.

In 2016, Tyrod’s best performances came when Anthony Lynn — also a Mike Shanahan disciple — put a greater emphasis on the short, high-percentage passing game, yards-after-the-catch, and staying dedicated to the running game.

WR at #10 looks legit now. They appear to have a new RT in 6-5 Ducasse and unless Adams or Hooker fall there won't be a safety worth taking at ten. I'm fine with either Mike W or Corey D.

I'm actually thinking the Clemson kid fits us better because he's more physical. Tyrod doesn't throw with anticipation as well as most and a guy like Williams is "open when he's not".

Edited by r00tabaga

If Taylor sucked he wouldn't have been asked to fill in for the Pro Bowl both years he's been in Buffalo. Inconsistent? Okay. Maybe having injured and/or street WRs every week affects a QB. Give the guy a chance. He didn't have to restructure for us. Could have got PAID elsewhere. This is where he wants to be and I respect him for staying at a huuuuge bargain.

Funny they said shanahan was committed to the running game.

Until his team was up by 8 points with 4 minutes left on the opponents 20 yard line, and he decides to take a page from the Pete Carroll School of How to Lose a Championship by Getting Cute and decide to throw the ball on consecutive downs.

Sack, then holding call, then you lose. Hey shanny, at least you have Goodwin now, your troubles are over....

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack. I just laughed when I read he commits to the run.

What about the part where he still has to take 3,5,7 step drops, read the entire field, go through progressions THEN think about running? Oh and what about Throwing with Anticipation?

Funny they said shanahan was committed to the running game.

Until his team was up by 8 points with 4 minutes left on the opponents 20 yard line, and he decides to take a page from the Pete Carroll School of How to Lose a Championship by Getting Cute and decide to throw the ball on consecutive downs.

Sack, then holding call, then you lose. Hey shanny, at least you have Goodwin now, your troubles are over....

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack. I just laughed when I read he commits to the run.

I think he was referring to Mike Shanahan not his son Kyle

I was listening to Sirius and Gil Brandt said "Can you imagine Taylor in a Rick Dennison offense? With the bootlegs and waggles." He and his co host were pretty excited and feel like Tyrod is going to have a big year. I am excited about this and if anyone can break down what Dennison does a little, it would be appreciated.

Definitely promising. Edited by Bill_with_it

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/192439-the-rick-dennison-offense/?view=findpost&p=4272742

WR at #10 looks legit now. They appear to have a new RT in 6-5 Ducasse and unless Adams or Hooker fall there won't be a safety worth taking at ten. I'm fine with either Mike W or Corey D.

I'm actually thinking the Clemson kid fits us better because he's more physical. Tyrod doesn't throw with anticipation as well as most and a guy like Williams is "open when he's not".

Let's hope Ducasse is nothing more than a depth signing. If the plan is for him to start at RT then we're no better than when we had Mills.