In favor of Tyrod signing or no? Please substantiate.

Wait (I think) for the poll.

I'm in favor of it just based on the TD to INT ratio and low turnover ratio alone.

I am heavily in favor of us looking at a QB in this draft, though.

I'd also like to see how he progresses under a different OC and system and hopefully an improved defensive scheme.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting him to take less money is a win, but we still don't have the answer at QB, and it appears as if they won't draft one either.

This move puts McDermott and Taylor on the hotseat from the jump.

I would have moved on and gave this staff time to put together a team that they built...not win now with a failed staff's RB impersonating a QB running the show.

Please delete this repetitive thread.

This is a big signing, I though it would be worth a poll to see where we are all at as a whole.

Well according to the late BBMB the Bills will draft Chad Kelly in the 6th round and be set at QB for the next 15 years.

That's what I'm afraid of. I hope things are different here.

I don't like it, I don't think he's far enough above replacement level to commit for 3 years. You're basically guaranteed to have one if the least lucrative passing games in the entire league, and while its possible to win like that its difficult and unlikely. I would not go actively signing up for such a limited offense over multiple years.

I don't like it, I don't think he's far enough above replacement level to commit for 3 years. You're basically guaranteed to have one if the least lucrative passing games in the entire league, and while its possible to win like that its difficult and unlikely. I would not go actively signing up for such a limited offense over multiple years.

Soooo...are you a Cardale guy or are you rooting for us to get someone in the draft and if so who's your guy?

Getting him to take less money is a win, but we still don't have the answer at QB, and it appears as if they won't draft one either.

I would have moved on and gave this staff time to put together a team that they built...not win now with a failed staff's RB impersonating a QB running the show.

Where were you last week when BBMB posters were signing in here? You wait for the news on TT to join in order to continue with your hate agenda.

The Bills were last in pass attempts because they are a terrific running team, which this offense is built around. And starting scrub WRs didn't help the passing game either. How about the top ten in points scored by the offense? That is good enough for the playoffs. Fix the defense.

Soooo...are you a Cardale guy or are you rooting for us to get someone in the draft and if so who's your guy?

I would've been in on Romo or Alex Smith, if it's not happening then a bridge like Foles or Hoyer and a 1st round pick.

Foles' best season is better than Tyrod's best seaaon, I look at them each as system QBs on a comparable level. Kaepernick another option on that same level, Kaepernick's first 2 seasons playing were also under Roman and despite less experience than Tyrod, he outplayed him in both stats and wins/losses. We can talk about the supporting cast but in my opinion Tyrod is comparable to these shlubs and not worth committing to for 3-4 years.

Can I wait for the draft to evaluate?

Right now it clears cap space so I think it's a net positive. But if it means we don't draft a solid prospect, I'm not in favor of it.

Frankly, I think the fact that they resigned Tyrod means there isn't a high-round QB they are "up" on drafting, in which case I AM in favor of it. See what next year's class looks like.

Where were you last week when BBMB posters were signing in here? You wait for the news on TT to join in order to continue with your hate agenda.

The Bills were last in pass attempts because they are a terrific running team, which this offense is built around. And starting scrub WRs didn't help the passing game either. How about the top ten in points scored by the offense? That is good enough for the playoffs. Fix the defense.

part of it is also that Tyrod doesn't throw the ball on a lot of called passing plays. He would regularly ignore open receivers to run out of bounds. Didn't he have the longest hold-the-ball time of any QB? Its because he struggles to see the field, read the defense and process quickly, he likes to pat it and then run around.

Points are nice but wins are the goal. Yes, the defense sucked. So did the Bills passing game, even though teams were selling out to stop the run and WRs were open.

In favor.

Less cap hit helps make the team around him better, and shows that he's a team player (although I'm sure some will argue that it was facilitated by his "market value"). 7th and 9th ranked QBR the last 2 seasons, protects the ball, elite playmaker with the ball in his hands...he may not win a SB for you, but with the right team around him, he won't lose a SB for you. All of that, and he seems like the perfect QB for the type of offense that Dennison is known to run.

Your endless Taylor crusade will do well here... Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

I'm intrigued by it. Tyrod staying put ensures that our running game remains at the top of the league. I am well aware that he's a QB, but having a #1 rushing attack has to count for something.

I'm curious what they do in free agency and the draft. I anticipate seeing investment in WRs and TEs, but I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted a QB in the 1st or 2nd either. Either way, his contract does not stop us from investing high in new talent at the position, as there is no commitment beyond 2018.

At the same time, if OBD had the balls to dump a near average QB in the pursuit of an elite one, that would be pretty aggressive and rare. I think I'd be able to give them some credit for swinging for the fences.

Edited by TheElectricCompany