Tyrod's new restructured contract - the details

No question about it. Very surprising that he agreed to take so much less $. Guessing there was no other team that would have turned over their staring job to him. I would have thought otherwise.

Or, you know, maybe, T-Rod Billieves!

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You keep bringing this up like it means anything

Try harder

theres also the steelers game... the raiders game... first miami game.

you cant have your QB be a non factor for 5 games a season. The defense can only do so much after so many 3 and outs.

The only reason the bills won anything last year was because of the oline and shady.

All of this is funny that we still have to argue about it...

If folks want to call this a "bridge contract" using QBs like Bradford and Glennon as points of comparison, that's fine, but Taylor's much more of a deal based on the on-field performance we've already seen. Yeah, Bradford was very good this year, but it's not like that was expected... and please don't pretend you did. Bradford got more money despite being worse than Taylor on the field... living off "hype" and "draft status" largely really.

That's why this is just such a fantastic deal. Because if the team gets some weapons (hellooo Whaley...?) and stays healthy (unlike the Vikings), the Bills could be looking to make more noise than just being the "fringe playoff team" so many are expecting.

Don't get me started on Glennon. That might be Brock Osweiler contract territory...

If folks want to call this a "bridge contract" using QBs like Bradford and Glennon as points of comparison, that's fine, but Taylor's much more of a deal based on the on-field performance we've already seen. Yeah, Bradford was very good this year, but it's not like that was expected... and please don't pretend you did. Bradford got more money despite being worse than Taylor on the field... living off "hype" and "draft status" largely really.

That's why this is just such a fantastic deal. Because if the team gets some weapons (hellooo Whaley...?) and stays healthy (unlike the Vikings), the Bills could be looking to make more noise than just being the "fringe playoff team" so many are expecting.

Don't get me started on Glennon. That might be Brock Osweiler contract territory...

Don't me wrong of those 3 I'd rather have Tyrod (him and Bradford are pretty close but I'd take TT). That was never my point... the teams that signed them to the deals all saw them the same way. Bridges to something better and in the NFL there is a market for that and Tyrod is now getting pretty much going rate for a high end bridge. Edited by GunnerBill

111 yards does mean nothing. I guess the browns scored 7 against the Ravens in November so we weren't alone.

It means a 10 million dollar Paycut.

No need to reply. This horse is beyond dead.

This one might be "harder"

I didn't even remember EJ Manuel having to finish the game with a score.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=j698yPWaWQY&feature=onebox

Tylor took a $10 Mil paycut. Ask yourself why?

They were talking about this on Mike and Mike with Wingo (I think) in for Greeny. A business decision made by both parties, one of which may have been that even with a $10Mil cut they felt other teams would have offered him even less.

If Taylor turns the page and can overcome the weaknesses the offense has had under him, he may still get his payday.

A bridge by any other name is still a bridge.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

It's a bridge contract because the Bills put themselves in position to walk away from him in the first 2 years.

Taylor took a pretty big pay cut....great deal for the Bills.

Shows you how "highly sought after" he was. If there was more money, and a starting job out there, he never would have taken a pay cut. Yeah, for us. I know, what better options were out there?

Bradford has always been a very good QB, Injuries has been his downfall. Taylor is mediocre at best. The fact he takes a pay cut, and that no other suitors really came forward with big plane

s, and money, tell the whole story.

Edited by DirtDart

Shows you how "highly sought after" he was. If there was more money, and a starting job out there, he never would have taken a pay cut. Yeah, for us. I know, what better options were out there?

Bradford has always been a very good QB, Injuries has been his downfall. Taylor is mediocre at best. The fact he takes a pay cut, and that no other suitors really came forward with big plane

s, and money, tell the whole story.

He's delusional when it comes to Taylor. He refuses to see the guy for what he is.

And yes...Bradford is a much better QB than Taylor. He can pass at a much higher level. Taylor's game is more RB than QB. He functions off of the run game and his athleticism.

It's laughable to think Taylor took a huge paycut because he wanted to stay in Buffalo. He was ok coming back here because he had no other options that offered more money...plain and simple.