Bills signing Patrick DiMarco

CNY315

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Chris Brown ,Tolbert has signed. Nothing about Dimarco

Also,Tolbert is more than his 33 rushing td's. He's caught 12 td passes,and is a phenomenal blocker. He's the whole package.In on every down. Whats the reason for signing Dimarco??

According to Chris Brown ,Tolbert has signed. Nothing about DimarcoAlso,Tolbert is more than his 33 rushing td's. He's caught 12 td passes,and is a phenomenal blocker. He's the whole package.In on every down. Whats the reason for signing Dimarco??

Tolbert is far from a phenomonal blocker.

Dimarco is the best blocking FB in the nfl. All pro FB

Because they couldn't go out and miraculously overhaul their passing game with all the great FA QBs out there. If they had scored the same amount of points but the passing and rushing rankings were flipped all would be right with the world.

You're probably right.

"It's a passing league"...maybe so. But more than that, it's a score more points league.

Its only 1 million per year gunanteed. He can earn up to 2 million a year depending on bonuses. Not a bad deal at all. Cap hit this year is likely only 1 million depending on how xontract is structures

True that. Just not ready to hear we're signing a fullback out of the blocks in FA. Still processing the TT signing as well. Hard to get excited.

Edited by Green Lightning

Kirwan just talked about how valuable that both DiMarco and Kyle Juszczyk were for their QBs. Said that both Ryan and Flacco talked to him about how important these guys were, went of their way to praise each guy. Blitz pick-up, blocking, catching, etc. Super valuable.

Worth noting that DiMarco's deal is 4 / $8.5M (4M guaranteed); KJs is 4 / $21M ($10M guaranteed) O_O

Because they couldn't go out and miraculously overhaul their passing game with all the great FA QBs out there. If they had scored the same amount of points but the passing and rushing rankings were flipped all would be right with the world.

You're probably right.

"It's a passing league"...maybe so. But more than that, it's a score more points league.

I like it. But,we are signing TWO FB's?

I get that, and it is a bit of a head scratcher on the surface.

But it's still early. Who knows if Gillislee will be back, and Bush is out. And the two FBs offer different things. ST will also need some bolstering, with Easley, and Alexander (possibly/likely) out.

I'm going to wait and see how the rest of the offseason shakes out, and how these two players are utilized, before I pass judgement. I/we may not see it right now, but there has to be some kind of vision from the staff for them to be brought in. At the very least, it's probably safe to assume that our run game will continue to thrive, with them, Shady, and Taylor all in the mix, and they bring multiple pro-bowls with them.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

According to Chris Brown ,Tolbert has signed. Nothing about Dimarco

Also,Tolbert is more than his 33 rushing td's. He's caught 12 td passes,and is a phenomenal blocker. He's the whole package.In on every down. Whats the reason for signing Dimarco??

Tolbert could sign now because he was cut by the Panthers. Dimarco is a pending UFA and had agreed to terms, but can't sign until tomorrow at 4 when FA officially begins.

I've seen Tolbert.maybe phenomenal was a reach. But seriously, he can bulldoze,but is better blocking on sweeps than up the gut type runs. And besides that,he's a three down guy,if need be.He can really do it all. Power,blocking,good hands,and a nice demeanor. I love that signing. I don't see the need for Dimarco,and I've not seen anything that officially says we've signed him

Tolbert could sign now because he was cut by the Panthers. Dimarco is a pending UFA and had agreed to terms, but can't sign until tomorrow at 4 when FA officially begins.

yeah,I get that.But why would we do both? Guess I just don't see the grand scheme in that lol

How do you know this?

Sorry guys, we won't get a comp pick for Gilmore, but we will get an all pro fullback, a backup Panthers linebacker and a backup Ravens WR. #BillsFootball

I've seen Tolbert.maybe phenomenal was a reach. But seriously, he can bulldoze,but is better blocking on sweeps than up the gut type runs. And besides that,he's a three down guy,if need be.He can really do it all. Power,blocking,good hands,and a nice demeanor. I love that signing. I don't see the need for Dimarco,and I've not seen anything that officially says we've signed him

yeah,I get that.But why would we do both? Guess I just don't see the grand scheme in that lol

i think Dimarco is the bigger signing. They play different positions. Tolbert just signing for the vet min. May not even make the roster.

i think Dimarco is the bigger signing. They play different positions. Tolbert just signing for the vet min. May not even make the roster.

if that's the case,why bother? I mean,who's the odd man out? Td Mike? Are we planning on losing him? I don't see J Will in jeopardy of losing a spot. How many do we keep on the active roster? We could draft a camp body way cheaper than that

Just makes me think they find value in him,and if so,we keep 5 rbs/fbs.But again,in a good class for rb's this year,why pay three in FA? Meaning Td Mike,and these guys