LOVE this Mike Sherman quote on JP

Rico

GREAT article: Rival coaches think Losman will shine

Sherman even said Losman has many of the traits that made Favre one of the greatest players of all time.

"It's hard to compare a young guy, a first-year starter, to a Hall of Fame quarterback," Sherman said. "But Losman has some of the attributes that you look for as far as the competitive side, the toughness and the ability to make plays when things break down. There are definitely some similarities there."

That's been missing on this Bills team for quite some time now, can't wait for this season to start! Exciting times are back! :rolleyes:

Rival coaches think Losman will shine

That's been missing on this Bills team for quite some time now, can't wait for this season to start! Exciting times are back! :rolleyes:

256620[/snapback]

Right on, bro.....that article got me fired up about JP. I've heard coaches often say how important that interview sessions with the player are, and apparently JP must have really shown them something. I can't wait to see what this guy can do.

I like Herm Edwards' quote:

"Bledsoe did a good job for them, but playing Buffalo won't be any easier. They're going with the young guy because he's a talented player and he can help them win ball games. They did what was right for their team."

Basically echoes my take on it all. Bledsoe was serviceable but wasn't going to get us any further (playoffs), therefore go with the young gun.

i'll admit. it's somewhat of a relief to hear all that. That the packers and Rams were going to snag him. That many coaches think he'll be a star. I know shannahn thinks so. Passion for the game...key. Bledsoe didn't have that.

i'll admit. it's somewhat of a relief to hear all that. That the packers and Rams were going to snag him. That many coaches think he'll be a star. I know shannahn thinks so. Passion for the game...key. Bledsoe didn't have that.

256701[/snapback]

Just curious....do you say that about Shannahan because of the 'Sounds of the Game' program? I thought that was awesome when JP went in and started doing his thing, and they cut to Shannahan on the sidelines where he says something like, "whoa, we've got a player here". That show was awesome, man.

Just curious....do you say that about Shannahan because of the 'Sounds of the Game' program? I thought that was awesome when JP went in and started doing his thing, and they cut to Shannahan on the sidelines where he says something like, "whoa, we've got a player here".  That show was awesome, man.

256712[/snapback]

that show was

"we've got a player on our hands. that man was covered."

something to that affect.

JP was drilling some bullets in that game

that show was

"we've got a player on our hands. that man was covered."

something to that affect.

JP was drilling some bullets in that game

256720[/snapback]

I wonder if NFL Network is going to replay that at some point......that way a lot of Bills fans who didn't have the channel at the time can check it out. I remember posting about it at the time and a lot of us felt is was one of the best pieces on the Bills we've seen.

I've always said Mike Martz is a genious! :rolleyes: (he does have a good record with QBs over the past few years)

That article can't help but get you pumped up. We stole GBs future QB last year, this year let's grab one of their guards to protect him.

Hey chuckie! fu! :)

I wonder if NFL Network is going to replay that at some point......that way a lot of Bills fans who didn't have the channel at the time can check it out. I remember posting about it at the time and a lot of us felt is was one of the best pieces on the Bills we've seen.

256725[/snapback]

Fezmid was selling DVD copies at one point, real cheap too. PM him.

That article was definitely a big FU to Chucky, and while it's encouraging to hear coaches talk about what a solid prospect JP is, I'm not going to suddenly put a ton of stock into words from Mike Martz and Mike Sherman just because they're saying what I want to hear.

That article was definitely a big FU to Chucky, and while it's encouraging to hear coaches talk about what a solid prospect JP is, I'm not going to suddenly put a ton of stock into words from Mike Martz and Mike Sherman just because they're saying what I want to hear.

256758[/snapback]

You will be assimilated.

256758[/snapback]

I'm not putting too much stock int their words, but it is just a bit reassuring. (BTW, you forgot about Herm and Marvin's quotes :rolleyes: )

it's like a chick that hears someone say they look nice tonight. They may be fat and bloated, but it feels good for them to just hear something positive.

We are definitely in limbo...we have no idea how this is going to turn out. If it's a real bad year for JP, we still won't know how good a decision it was to go with him.

I think he'll struggle early and get better as the season progresses. Unlike our ex-12 year vet, King of Class, Pauper of Elusiveness.

Fezmid was selling DVD copies at one point, real cheap too. PM him.

256740[/snapback]

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=9546

Not really selling as much as just distributing games for people (selling implies profit, and I "sell" for cost although tips for my time are appreciated).

I finished the Bills/Vikings game from 2002 as well (the one where Bledsoe reached 30,000 yards for his career, Hollis kicked a career long 54 yarder to send the game into OT, and Price scored on a ~60 yard TD in OT. It also has my first attempt at motion videos. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be nice if the NFL just put all of the games on DVD for us, with better quality than I could do? :)

CW

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=9546

Not really selling as much as just distributing games for people (selling implies profit, and I "sell" for cost although tips for my time are appreciated).

I finished the Bills/Vikings game from 2002 as well (the one where Bledsoe reached 30,000 yards for his career, Hollis kicked a career long 54 yarder to send the game into OT, and Price scored on a ~60 yard TD in OT.  It also has my first attempt at motion videos. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it be nice if the NFL just put all of the games on DVD for us, with better quality than I could do? :)

CW

256783[/snapback]

no. they'd never do it "for us". they'd ask a limb or two and they'd get em.

This is a job for....Super Moderators!

256860[/snapback]

Well, the party line is that Drew completely sucks and is fully to blame for any and all woes, though there are exceptions. Oh, and Henry is a superstar, worth more than Faulk in his prime.

All I can say wrt this staggeringly intelligent post is.....good morning, fellow Drewshbag!

A little edgy, are we? What'd they do...ban smoking in NY bars or something? :D

256883[/snapback]

Edgy? I dont know. It is just that the guy waited 49 posts to lower the boom, if you will. I visualize him waiting on pins and needles....just waiting to insult non-haters. Actually, it IS funny. :P

What I DO know is that the mods have quite a task ahead of them.

not to be a party pooper, but if I were to have two coaches praise JP so I could feel more confident in him, my choices would definitely NOT be the two Mikes, Martz and Sherman. In fact, they might be my two last choices because frankly, I don't respect their coaching acumen at all, and their opinions are therefore garbage to me.

If, say, Belichick or Bill Walsh had praised him, or heck, even John Fox, it'd be another story.

not to be a party pooper, but if I were to have two coaches praise JP so I could feel more confident in him, my choices would definitely NOT be the two Mikes, Martz and Sherman.  In fact, they might be my two last choices because frankly, I don't respect their coaching acumen at all, and their opinions are therefore garbage to me.

If, say, Belichick or Bill Walsh had praised him, or heck, even John Fox, it'd be another story.

256951[/snapback]

c'mon. i'm sure Walsh, Belichek, and Fox have praised a bunch of losers as well.

For JP to get any praise at all from NFL coaches is a nice thing to have happen to the young man.

GREAT article: Rival coaches think Losman will shine

That's been missing on this Bills team for quite some time now, can't wait for this season to start! Exciting times are back! :D

256620[/snapback]

To me, that was the biggest problem with Drew. He could rarely make a play when something broke down. That's why he was easy to defense. I don't buy the statue talk, because even a pocket passer can make stuff happen when all of the original routes and dumpoffs were screwed.

I've mentioned this before, but we need a QB that can win a game for us by himself. Just one or two per year. Drew couldn't do that.

256701[/snapback]

I agree. Bledose had passion to prove others wrong - and when he was able to do that he got complacent. He'll have a good 1/2 season in Dallas where he kicks ass, but after that he'll consider his point proven and that will be it.

To me, that was the biggest problem with Drew. He could rarely make a play when something broke down. That's why he was easy to defense. I don't buy the statue talk, because even a pocket passer can make stuff happen when all of the original routes and dumpoffs were screwed.

I've mentioned this before, but we need a QB that can win a game for us by himself. Just one or two per year. Drew couldn't do that.

257190[/snapback]

I was watching this NFL Network piece on Bernie Kosar the other day......he had a great comment. He said that whenever the other team decided to blitz him, he would use that as an opportunity to take a chance down field as often as possible. The guy actually LIKED it when the defense tried to blitz and implode the play. There were several clips where he was blitzed - and the blitz was not picked up - and his awkward asss was able to make a huge play. As I was watching these Kosar clips I tried to think of a time when I've seen Drew do something similar. I have lots of memories of Drew sitting in the pocket with time, and then delivering a beautiful downfield pass to our wideouts and his former Pats teammates. But how often do you remember Bledsoe getting blitzed and handling it like a Tom Brady or even a friggin Bernie Kosar?? Most of my memories where he's pressured are like that play from the New England game at home where Bruschi and the other guy......well, you all know what happened.

But the point is that of all the QBs I've ever seen play, Bernie Kosar is about the last guy I ever expected to be thinking, 'damn, if only Drew could do that.......'

not to be a party pooper, but if I were to have two coaches praise JP so I could feel more confident in him, my choices would definitely NOT be the two Mikes, Martz and Sherman.  In fact, they might be my two last choices because frankly, I don't respect their coaching acumen at all, and their opinions are therefore garbage to me.

256951[/snapback]

I do think Martz knows QBs and receivers, even if he doesn't believe you need an offensive line or a defense.

I was watching this NFL Network piece on Bernie Kosar the other day......he had a great comment. He said that whenever the other team decided to blitz him, he would use that as an opportunity to take a chance down field as often as possible. The guy actually LIKED it when the defense tried to blitz and implode the play. There were several clips where he was blitzed - and the blitz was not picked up - and his awkward asss was able to make a huge play. As I was watching these Kosar clips I tried to think of a time when I've seen Drew do something similar. I have lots of memories of Drew sitting in the pocket with time, and then delivering a beautiful downfield pass to our wideouts and his former Pats teammates. But how often do you remember Bledsoe getting blitzed and handling it like a Tom Brady or even a friggin Bernie Kosar??  Most of my memories where he's pressured are like that play from the New England game at home where Bruschi and the other guy......well, you all know what happened.

But the point is that of all the QBs I've ever seen play, Bernie Kosar is about the last guy I ever expected to be thinking, 'damn, if only Drew could do that.......'

257217[/snapback]

That was great! Congrats, for taking the hate to a new level! Bernie Kosar is now a better qb than Drew???? Of course! Every possible stat indicates this, right? :D

Next it will be AVP. He too was far better than Drew, was he not?

Hey, I am over it. I am even excited at the possibility of JP being a good qb. I have no choice but to support and endorse the decision of the coaches.

At some point, will your hatred wane even just a little? Drew is OFF of the football team! Why not pick a new scapegoat? Believe it or not, there are others.

That was great! Congrats, for taking the hate to a new level! Bernie Kosar is now a better qb than Drew???? Of course! Every possible stat indicates this, right?  :D

Next it will be AVP. He too was far better than Drew, was he not?

Hey, I am over it. I am even excited at the possibility of JP being a good qb. I have no choice but to support and endoese the decision of the coaches.

At some point, will your hatred wane even just a little? Drew is OFF of the football team! Why not pick a new scapegoat? Believe it or not, there are others.

257266[/snapback]

Bill, you are truly scaring me lately.......

Bill, you are truly scaring me lately.......

257270[/snapback]

Then let me put it in different words......

I think that Travis Henry is a bad running back. This is my opinion. I see him as a guy who does NOTHING well, except run.....this when he wants to.

The thing is, when he is gone, yes I will be glad, but I promise not to compare him to Tim Tindale.

Drew has amazing numbers. Kosar was a flop for the most part.

Btw, I am sorry. I do not wish to alienate you. Moreover, I find your posts to be knowledgeable. It is me I guess. I am not able to comprehend the Drew bashing. Look at the career w/l records of Drew and Travis on the Bills. Please.

After you do, tell yourself that most here think that Drew was the ONLY problem with the Bills. At the same time, I actually saw a post suggesting that the Raiders would trade us Gallery straight up for Henry. Do you see where I am coming from?

257291[/snapback]

Numbers only tell part of the story, intangibles are more important in the big picture.

Not a Drew bash, & I'm not a Kosar fan at all,

but I would rather have him at QB in his prime than Drew in his prime...

BK was just a much more effective QB.

Here's to JP being better than either of them! :D

Then let me put it in different words......

I think that Travis Henry is a bad running back. This is my opinion. I see him as a guy who does NOTHING well, except run.....this when he wants to.

The thing is, when he is gone, yes I will be glad, but I promise not to compare him to Tim Tindale.

Btw, I am sorry. I do not wish to alienate you. Moreover, I find your posts to be knowledgeable. It is me I guess. I am not able to comprehend the Drew bashing. Look at the career w/l records of Drew and Travis on the Bills. Please.

After you do, tell yourself that most here think that Drew was the ONLY problem with the Bills. At the same time, I actually saw a post suggesting that the Raiders would trade us Gallery straight up for Henry. Do you see where I am coming from?

257291[/snapback]

Seriously, I completely respect your opinion......we've even managed to agree a few times here and there. The way you have worded a few of your posts the past couple days just makes it seem like you're flipping out or something! I'm not trying to antagonize people (well, usually not) when I post my view of Bledsoe. And I definitely don't 'hate' the guy by any means. I guess I just feel a little more justified in being critical of millionaire professional athletes (QBs in particular), and in my opinion Drew has been very deserving of a fair bit of what I and others have dished out. But when all is said and done, it still is nothing more than my opinion.

As for Travis, he's no Willis......that's for damn sure. I do think he has trade value, though, and I think if I were a GM in this league and had a spot to fill at the starting RB spot, I'd be willing to give up a little for TH. I think he's a tough North-South type runner who was a good value pick by TD. I definitely think he was more valuable to the team than Bledsoe :D

Seriously, I completely respect your opinion......we've even managed to agree a few times here and there. The way you have worded a few of your posts the past couple days just makes it seem like you're flipping out or something!  I'm not trying to antagonize people (well, usually not) when I post my view of Bledsoe. And I definitely don't 'hate' the guy by any means. I guess I just feel a little more justified in being critical of millionaire professional athletes (QBs in particular), and in my opinion Drew has been very deserving of a fair bit of what I and others have dished out. But when all is said and done, it still is nothing more than my opinion.

As for Travis, he's no Willis......that's for damn sure. I do think he has trade value, though, and I think if I were a GM in this league and had a spot to fill at the starting RB spot, I'd be willing to give up a little for TH. I think he's a tough North-South type runner who was a good value pick by TD. I definitely think he was more valuable to the team than Bledsoe  :D

257322[/snapback]

>>>>>As for Travis, he's no Willis......that's for damn sure. I do think he has trade value, though, and I think if I were a GM in this league and had a spot to fill at the starting RB spot, I'd be willing to give up a little for TH. <<<<<

I agree with this post in the literal sense, focusing on the words "a little."

>>>>>I definitely think he was more valuable to the team than Bledsoe :P<<<<<

This is where I make a humble offer to agree to disagree.