Does Watson's impressive combine do anything for you?

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's definitely not happening. The Cardinals, Steelers and Giants (all teams with aging QBs) have all met with Mahomes and they know he won't be around for their 2nd round pick. Plus you get the fifth year option in the first round.

All of those teams have good front offices.

The players have rehearsed their combine workout for months. Making throws with no pass rush, no roaring crowds, only one receiver to find, no DB's etc., etc. is not a valid test of what it takes for a QB to make it in this league. So no, Watson's workout doesn't change things for me. Mahomes or Trubisky are better prospects but the truth is that there probably isn't a franchise QB in this draft. Sadly, the tenth pick seems way too high of a pick for any of these guys.

The players have rehearsed their combine workout for months. Making throws with no pass rush, no roaring crowds, only one receiver to find, no DB's etc., etc. is not a valid test of what it takes for a QB to make it in this league. So no, Watson's workout doesn't change things for me. Mahomes or Trubisky are better prospects but the truth is that there probably isn't a franchise QB in this draft. Sadly, the tenth pick seems way too high of a pick for any of these guys.

With hindsight, would you have taken Dak with the #10 pick?

When ownership start listening to the fans, it's game over.

and demanding might be a strong word?

With hindsight, would you have taken Dak with the #10 pick?

and That is what makes football men go crazy.

There is not a single franchise QB to be had this year. It's the Geno EJ year all over again. Take advantage of the defensive depth this year and get your boys for the run in 3 years. Draft QB next year.

Win Now= bad long term decisions and this club needs long term thinking. A coach is paid to win his next game, but a good GM and owner need to have a vision for years down the road and draft/acquire accordingly. Otherwise you're just a .500 team plodding along and rolling the dice for the next Dak Prescott.

Whaley has made some solid FA pickups and trades, but his strength isn't college evaluation. Pegs needs to force him to see further down the road than just the draft in front of him. Hockey teams do this very well

At least 5??? Wow. Not trying to be confrontational just surprised you think there's that many.

For two reasons.

1- this QB class is way better than advertised.

2- Tyrod is way worse than most people realize.

I want a qb but if the Bills change their draft plans because of fans on twitter, this team is in trouble.

You say that....but would the results of the past 20 years been much worse if a small selection of fans were running the team as opposed to the small collection of idiots that actually is running the team? Give the Bills front office no respect, they haven't earned it.

When ownership start listening to the fans, it's game over.

I trust my judgement more than I do Whaley's. Whaley has made some nice pickups and made a nice trade or two. But he's mismanaged the QB position and made horrible moves like the Watkins trade. It's not like he deserves respect for the job he's done.

Didnt EJ perform very well at the combine?

Please...No offense really because it happens all to often around here...Can we just move on from comparing every Bills failure to every freaking prospect? It's literally the lowest form of rebuttal intellectually...It's just lazy...

At best EJ would have been the 7th Ranked QB in this Draft...At best...It would be a decent argument between him and Peterman...I think Jerod Evans has more upside as a prospect than EJ did...Granted there is a bit of hindsight in that statement..But still... B-)

"Every team I’ve spoken with has Trubisky as one of its top two quarterbacks. Mahomes has his fans, too...

But Kizer is the one I think could fall on draft day, based on what I’ve heard and the minimal excitement around him. I’m still a fan, as is Optimum Scouting’s Derrik Klassen, but I’m not as bullish on Kizer being a first-rounder as I was just a few weeks ago.

On average, 11 quarterbacks are drafted each year. If I had to guess which eleven are drafted this year, in order: Trubisky (first round), Mahomes (first), Watson (second), Kizer (second), Kaaya (second), Peterman (third), Virginia Tech's Jerod Evans (fourth), Cal’s Davis Webb (fourth), Tennessee’s Josh Dobbs (sixth), Central Michigan’s Cooper Rush (sixth) and Beathard (seventh)" Eric Gelko

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-rumors-2017-quarterbacks-deshaun-watson-49ers-browns/t3pvkv342oav1m3bnaugzlvdk

Edited by jeffismagic

I think this one of the most interesting drafts I can remember. So many different scenarios could play out. Aside from Garrett going #1, every mock draft is different. I've seen Buffalo taking any position from OT to S to LB to WR to QB. They will probably go CB...

I thought Davis from Cal looked pretty good on the short timing routes. Ill stick to my d line but in watching the combine his comebacks and crossers looked pretty good to me

Kayaa was someone that I was curious about too. I hear he is the best WCO qb. Did he do anything that really stuck out? 2nd 3rd rounder?

Exactly. This dude can complete passes he shouldn't make he's so special.

Also, there are at least 5 QBs in this draft that I think would be instantly better than Tyrod.

Mahomes and who else. Edited by Agent 91

Hey rookie get over here and carry my bags.

I see you are a gold tier Tyrod fanboy and that's cool. Why would I be absent just because we keep the next losman/fitz/EJ/Trent/Taylor. They are all limited losers. I'm used to it by now

Before you start chirping, I'm gonna need some credentials. 2 wins vs a .500 team or bypassing Trevor Simien in passing yards is a nice low bar for your boy.

We already have enough excuse makers for Tyrod's failures. It was the defenses fault vs Pitt ? Guess that excuses Taylors 70 yards thru 3 qtrs. Get real

1-6 vs .500 teams because a 3rd stringer started. That's a mega fail capitan. Best of luck to Halfrod in Cleveland.

Don't defame Brees and Rivers w Tyrod's name. His peers are Simien, Keenum, Osweiler and Fitz.

I wish I billieved like you do but this 20/20 vision won't allow it.

1. Your posts every single one are shallow and lack substance. Your post display an epic lack of knowledge with regard to the qb position placing winz (a team stat largerly by everyone) displays your amatuerish hour posting.

2. Might want to carry your own bags rookie.

3. Grow up a little take some time to think about your post before posting that way it wont be exploited for what it is in a nano second.

4. Wins are q team stat. Who has brees beat this year? Thats what I see when you get exploited. So easily.

5. Immediately call a cab to take you to an optometrist.

6. I havent stated nor will ever state Tyrod is elite or will be, however, im wise enough to know that there are numerous problems that need to be addressed on this team that are holding it back from being more successful than aTyrod.

I thought Davis from Cal looked pretty good on the short timing routes. Ill stick to my d line but in watching the combine his comebacks and crossers looked pretty good to me

Kayaa was someone that I was curious about too. I hear he is the best WCO qb. Did he do anything that really stuck out? 2nd 3rd rounder?

Mahomes and who else.

Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky, Kizer, Peterman....and probably Kelly.

Also, I think Kizer has a phenomenal chance to be the next EJ.

1. Your posts every single one are shallow and lack substance. Your post display an epic lack of knowledge with regard to the qb position placing winz (a team stat largerly by everyone) displays your amatuerish hour posting.

2. Might want to carry your own bags rookie.

3. Grow up a little take some time to think about your post before posting that way it wont be exploited for what it is in a nano second.

4. Wins are q team stat. Who has brees beat this year? Thats what I see when you get exploited. So easily.

5. Immediately call a cab to take you to an optometrist.

6. I havent stated nor will ever state Tyrod is elite or will be, however, im wise enough to know that there are numerous problems that need to be addressed on this team that are holding it back from being more successful than aTyrod.

Want another team stat. 32nd ranked passing game

Guys such a bum he can't make the easy plays that the dominant run game sets up for him.

Tyrod's career was over after the second Pats game in 15 when the ghost of Trent Edwards took over his soul.

He can't beat a .500 team but it's not on him. Lulzzzzzzz.

Can't wait for another 111 yard season opener. Draft a qb in the first and let's close the door on this critically flawed passer.

Edited by Ryan L Billz