New Fastest 40 Time

Hyphe23

If someone raises Ross up the board because he ran a fast 40, their front office is terrible. Ross was always thought to be a Desean Jackson type wr.

The only thing that should matter for Davis or Williams is if they completely tank their 40s.

I agree, and from looking at the list of players with the fastest 40's ever at the combine it shows that it doesn't mean much. Bad times are a potential disqualifying factor. Great times don't mean so much. You still have to base your evaluation on how you see the complete player.

I agree, and from looking at the list of players with the fastest 40's ever at the combine it shows that it doesn't mean much. Bad times are a potential disqualifying factor. Great times don't mean so much. You still have to base your evaluation on how you see the complete player.

It's pre-internet so I can't find a link, but I can assure you that a WR out of UTEP named Reggie Barrett was a similar sensation at the combine c. 1991 .... he caught 4 passes in the NFL.

Both Davis and Williams will be in the 4.47-4.53 range. Both are very good options with our number one. Ross was likely a first round pick prior to this 40. I still don't think he passes Davis or Williams. Davis is incredibly polished and Williams makes great plays on the ball with his size. I think all 3 guys will do some good things in the league. If we keep Taylor does Ross become more of a possibility as far as his deep ball? Davis and Williams seem much more like #1 material so I hope we don't go that direction...

Edited by KzooMike

If someone raises Ross up the board because he ran a fast 40, their front office is terrible. Ross was always thought to be a Desean Jackson type wr.

Disagree somewhat. Ross was a highly productive college player at the highest level. It's not like all he can do is run. This will certainly give him a boost.

Disagree somewhat. Ross was a highly productive college player at the highest level. It's not like all he can do is run. This will certainly give him a boost.

I just meant everyone knew Ross was really fast before the combine. I really like him as a player.

No wr in the first for the Bills though.

The only thing that should matter for Davis or Williams is if they completely tank their 40s.

Agree if it was just the 40 but he was already looked at as a late 1st rounder. I was thinking a team might fall in love with how they could use that speed like the Rams did with Tavon Austin.

Are you serious? Why the hell not?

Find me the last good franchise that spend 2 top 10 picks on WRs, especially after the Watkins trade? You won't. Spending high picks on a dependent position is the definition of stupid.

See the Steelers. Coates 3rd, Brown 6th!, Wallace 3rd, Bryant 4th.

If the Bills draft a wr, they spend a #4 overall pick, #10 overall, 3rd, and 2nd round picks on WRs the last 4 years. That is insanely stupid way to build a football team. You get a real qb and magically your WRs get better.

Agree if it was just the 40 but he was already looked at as a late 1st rounder. I was thinking a team might fall in love with how they could use that speed like the Rams did with Tavon Austin.

I thought he was going around 15 anyway. He's really good and for a team with a qb in place, he could be a real difference maker.

Ross was considered a 1st rounder before today. This just solidifies it. He's a weapon.

Ross is solid burner that can help just about any team with a real QB to break down coverage schemes. The comparison of DJAX earlier was pretty good but kinda spun like he wasn't good? DJAX in Philly was a friggin beast and has put up solid numbers as well in Wash,

Pop Ross say on the opposite side of Julio in ATL and look out.

Edited by Real McCoy

Find me the last good franchise that spend 2 top 10 picks on WRs, especially after the Watkins trade? You won't. Spending high picks on a dependent position is the definition of stupid.

See the Steelers. Coates 3rd, Brown 6th!, Wallace 3rd, Bryant 4th.

If the Bills draft a wr, they spend a #4 overall pick, #10 overall, 3rd, and 2nd round picks on WRs the last 4 years. That is insanely stupid way to build a football team. You get a real qb and magically your WRs get better.

I thought he was going around 15 anyway. He's really good and for a team with a qb in place, he could be a real difference maker.

I understand your point, but the fact is, WR has become a premium position in the NFL. And despite the heavy investment, it is still undoubtedly an area of real need for the Bills. While the Bills can and probably should add WR talent in later rounds, if a great receiver is available at 10, they should not pass just because they have used premium picks on the position in the past. Rookie contracts are relatively cheap and we don't know how much longer Watkins will stick around (or how healthy he will be).

Edited by mannc