Are there any racist institutions? How and why.

I seem to be the only person who isn't convinced that I saw a murder in the video.

For one, I was told that I was going to see two rednecks chase down an unarmed black guy.  So, I watch the video, and I'm totally confused - as he seems to run right towards them.  Then, the camera goes haywire just at the moment the confrontation got physical.  It's hard to tell what happened but it seems that Ahmaud charged at Sonny.  Dad possibly fires a warning shot.  Ahmaud and Sonny struggle for the gun and Sonny was on the shooting end of the gun.

Plus, you don't see what led up to this at all.

It looks like it could be murder but those 20-30 seconds or whatever don't convince me, for whatever reason.  Oh, and the jogging part sounds like nonsense - in boots and 12 miles from his house.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

I've seen the following said by twitter users with lots of followers, some with blue checks:
He was a random jogger
He was wearing sneakers
He was wearing timbs 
He had "tools" or "weapons"
He carried nothing
He was seen robbing a nearby home and being chased after by men preparing to perform a citizen's arrest
He was not seen doing anything like that, it was random
He was suspected to have just completed a robbery, but not seen 
He was 12 miles from home
He was 10 miles from home
He was 5 miles from home
He was 2 miles from home
He was chased down and shot
He attacked the two men and was shot
He tried to wrestle the gun from the man and was shot inadvertently in the struggle
He tried to wrestle the gun and was intentionally shot while doing so 

I am going to wait for the dust to settle, and am not going to trust anything that gets said by a bunch of twits on twitter who sit there waiting for the next Big Thing that they can chalk up to their side being right again

From the video itself I don't think either narrative (that he just robbed a house and then tried to rip the gun out of the guy's hand after charging him, or that he was a random person falsely suspected of doing something he didn't do and was killed in the street for no reason) is disproven. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, bbb said:

I seem to be the only person who isn't convinced that I saw a murder in the video.

For one, I was told that I was going to see two rednecks chase down an unarmed black guy.  So, I watch the video, and I'm totally confused - as he seems to run right towards them.  Then, the camera goes haywire just at the moment the confrontation got physical.  It's hard to tell what happened but it seems that Ahmaud charged at Sonny.  Dad possibly fires a warning shot.  Ahmaud and Sonny struggle for the gun and Sonny was on the shooting end of the gun.

It looks like it could be murder but those 20-30 seconds or whatever don't convince me, for whatever reason.  Oh, and the jogging part sounds like nonsense - in boots and 12 miles from his house.  

On a review, I’ll admit you have a point. Still, at minimum this should have gone to a grand jury to determine if charges should be brought against the two men. I guess it’s possible it was in the works and then everything closed down due to the virus. What info I’ve seen about the DA makes him appear questionable. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It's best to take a wait and see approach. The boy who could be Obama's son, some guy named Trayvon Martin, was hunted down and killed like an animal by some White-Hispanic. Until he wasn't. 

I agree with you on the manipulation of the Tayvon Martin story, and always think wait and see is the best course of action.  

Having watched that video, I see a man running down the street and a pickup truck with one man in the bed, another armed and outside the vehicle. The story provided by the redn----men still with us is that they wanted to flag down the man running down the road to have a chat.  While they were armed, in Georgia, with a pickup truck stopped in a street.  

I'm going to break my own rule and say...this is all on them.  I'll let juries and experts talk about statutes and crime

...but I'm really not certain what young Male in America would willing stop to speak to the fat redn... men with rifles stopped in the middle of the road.  When you factor race into it, I am even less certain who would willingly stop to have a chat with two %$@! ######s who've suddenly decided that they have the right to threaten you.  

Two men with rifles demand a female to stop because they want to talk to her. 

Two Hell's Angel's looking mofos eaning against their motorcycle demanding Ralph Lauren come over and talk to them.

Two Crips looking mofo's demanding Opie Cunningham come talk to them. 

I think in every case, the little voice inside ones head starts screaming like a lib when Trump won the election. That little voice is the one that keeps you alive. 

I'll be back when I'm wrong, I'll revisit my emotional response to seeing a kid take several steps after being shot and die on a street like it's 1957 in the deep south and Pa and his son Bubba done did what they had to do, but for now--%$@@  these douchebags for putting this young man in what he surely knew was a life or death situation.  

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I agree with you on the manipulation of the Tayvon Martin story, and always think wait and see is the best course of action.  

Having watched that video, I see a man running down the street and a pickup truck with one man in the bed, another armed and outside the vehicle. The story provided by the redn----men still with us is that they wanted to flag down the man running down the road to have a chat.  While they were armed, in Georgia, with a pickup truck stopped in a street.  

I'm going to break my own rule and say...this is all on them.  I'll let juries and experts talk about statutes and crime

...but I'm really not certain what young Male in America would willing stop to speak to the fat redn... men with rifles stopped in the middle of the road.  When you factor race into it, I am even less certain who would willingly stop to have a chat with two %$@! ######s who've suddenly decided that they have the right to threaten you.  

Two Hell's Angel's looking mofos eaning against their motorcycle demanding Ralph Lauren come over and talk to them.

I think in every case, the little voice inside ones head starts screaming like a lib when Trump won the election. That little voice is the one that keeps you alive. 

I'll be back when I'm wrong, I'll revisit my emotional response to seeing a kid take several steps after being shot and die on a street like it's 1957 in the deep south and Pa and his son Bubba done did what they had to do, but for now--%$@@  these douchebags for putting this young man in what he surely knew was a life or death situation.  

From what is known, that's definitely my take on it as well... Citizens arrests aren't meant as a license to play dragnet. They didn't see a crime committed, and they didn't have a right to start the confrontation. What happened after that is another story. I will say, the video does seem like victim runs towards the guy, which is not necessarily what someone in that situation would traditionally do, but the fight or flight mechanism is a weird deal and I'm willing to assume he was innocent until there's any substantial reason to show he wasn't. And, these guys get some degree of innocent until proven guilty, though I think they're admitting to the confrontation is definitely guilt in its own right. 

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

On a review, I’ll admit you have a point. Still, at minimum this should have gone to a grand jury to determine if charges should be brought against the two men. I guess it’s possible it was in the works and then everything closed down due to the virus. What info I’ve seen about the DA makes him appear questionable. 

What's the timeline on this? I (and I assume most others) hadn't heard about it until the video dropped? How long between incident and video going viral was there, and did the police have the video in that time? I assume there was some investigation happening, but it does seem questionable that they weren't detained immediately. 

Also, It's possible for these men to be murderers, and for them to have done so with racist intent, and it still not prove the liberal narrative that racism is at an all time high and so called white privilege is ruining America. 

EDIT: After reviewing the information and re-watching the video it's pretty clearly inexcusable that they went uncharged for this long, irregardless of who had the video when. A clear investigation still shows vigilantism that led to the death of a man. Book em danno. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

From what is known, that's definitely my take on it as well... Citizens arrests aren't meant as a license to play dragnet. They didn't see a crime committed, and they didn't have a right to start the confrontation. What happened after that is another story. I will say, the video does seem like victim runs towards the guy, which is not necessarily what someone in that situation would traditionally do, but the fight or flight mechanism is a weird deal and I'm willing to assume he was innocent until there's any substantial reason to show he wasn't. And, these guys get some degree of innocent until proven guilty, though I think they're admitting to the confrontation is definitely guilt in its own right. 

What's the timeline on this? I (and I assume most others) hadn't heard about it until the video dropped? How long between incident and video going viral was there, and did the police have the video in that time? I assume there was some investigation happening, but it does seem questionable that they weren't detained immediately. 

Also, It's possible for these men to be murderers, and for them to have done so with racist intent, and it still not prove the liberal narrative that racism is at an all time high and so called white privilege is ruining America. 

The police had the video since late February, and only after it was leaked to the press did the state of Georgia step in and investigate. Within two days the state officials made the arrest.

One if the local DA's had worked with the father, and came to the conclusion that the father and son were in the right to invoke a citizen's arrest. 

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

The man in the car behind the jogger who was filming was their neighbor. The father and son called him to assist them. You can hear him c0ck a gun in the video. He may also be charged. 

Edited by Motorin'
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

The police had the video since late February, and only after it was leaked to the press did the state of Georgia step in and investigate. Within two days the state officials made the arrest.

One if the local DA's had worked with the father, and came to the conclusion that the father and son were in the right to invoke a citizen's arrest. 

That's utter bull####. The outrage is justified for sure. The video clearly demonstrates misrepresentations in the story, the story itself is BS and doesn't reflect anything close to what a citizens arrest looks like. 

As a law abiding citizen who regularly carries a handgun for the defense of myself and my family, I can assure you that this would have resulted in one of those idiots getting shot if it had me being harassed. 

Edited by whatdrought

2 hours ago, bbb said:

No, you're not the only one. There's a justice for Gregory and Travis McMichael fund set up. And people are circulating a meme that has Ahmaud Abery in a hoody with a hammer and Timberland's looking like a gangster. 

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That's utter bull####. The outrage is justified for sure. The video clearly demonstrates misrepresentations in the story, the story itself is BS and doesn't reflect anything close to what a citizens arrest looks like. 

As a law abiding citizen who regularly carries a handgun for the defense of myself and my family, I can assure you that this would have resulted in one of those idiots getting shot if it had me being harassed. 

The shooters say they saw surveillance footage of a burglary suspect in their neighborhood from a previous robbery and that the jogger matched the description. I hope you never get harassed by anyone waving a shotgun around. And I'm sure it's possible. But I doubt it would ever happen to you because you "fit the description." 

2 hours ago, bbb said:

This article posted upthread by @B-Man was really helpful for me to see the context. At very least there's huge discrepancies between the official statement made by the father and the video itself. Additionally, the statement itself shows how wrong they were in this situation, I think. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

What the hell were these clowns doing patrolling about, waving shotguns?

Don't get me wrong. In MANY of these "we're being hunted everyday" cases, there WAS some reason for the shooting/death. This is not such a case. These guys decided to dispense summary justice in a completely arbitrary way, and that can't be allowed.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Motorin' said:

No, you're not the only one. There's a justice for Gregory and Travis McMichael fund set up. And people are circulating a meme that has Ahmaud Abery in a hoody with a hammer and Timberland's looking like a gangster. 

Thanks for the tip.  I'll dig into my seat cushions..................Because that's exactly what I was saying when I said that the 20 second video doesn't have me convinced of anything.  Either way.  

6 hours ago, arcane said:

I've seen the following said by twitter users with lots of followers, some with blue checks:
He was a random jogger
He was wearing sneakers
He was wearing timbs 
He had "tools" or "weapons"
He carried nothing
He was seen robbing a nearby home and being chased after by men preparing to perform a citizen's arrest
He was not seen doing anything like that, it was random
He was suspected to have just completed a robbery, but not seen 
He was 12 miles from home
He was 10 miles from home
He was 5 miles from home
He was 2 miles from home
He was chased down and shot
He attacked the two men and was shot
He tried to wrestle the gun from the man and was shot inadvertently in the struggle
He tried to wrestle the gun and was intentionally shot while doing so 

I am going to wait for the dust to settle, and am not going to trust anything that gets said by a bunch of twits on twitter who sit there waiting for the next Big Thing that they can chalk up to their side being right again

From the video itself I don't think either narrative (that he just robbed a house and then tried to rip the gun out of the guy's hand after charging him, or that he was a random person falsely suspected of doing something he didn't do and was killed in the street for no reason) is disproven. 

Yep and plenty of the racist slobs around here get all of their “facts” from Twitter! 

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No you mentioned them. Go ahead.  Name them. 

? So you can say, “what makes you feel that they are racists?” Blah, blah, blah. “Please list (in your own words) 5 characteristic of a racist.” Blah, blah, blah! ?

8 hours ago, Warren Zevon said:

To answer the thread title question - yes - PPP 

Didn't you voluntarily join PPP? If so, it would appear that you consciously joined an organization that is racist. Do you know what that would make you?

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Didn't you voluntarily join PPP? If so, it would appear that you consciously joined an organization that is racist. Do you know what that would make you?

Only if he held the same racist beliefs like you!