official Buffalo Bills message board shut down

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ralph had stones. Regardless of the on-field product, he stuck to his convictions and was the last true "thorn in the side" of the big, bad NFL. He took on the establishment by forming the AFL, and continued to vote against relocation fifty-odd years later. They all called him 'crazy old Ralph' when he held out on the new CBA agreement, then later they all admitted it was a bum deal and Ralph was right to be concerned. That's why I respected the man, and felt a loyalty to him. He was loyal to us.

Terry, on the other hand, is definitely emo, what with the crying and the boogers at press conferences.

Is either franchise better off since he took over? Definitely debatable.

I'm just totally shocked. There's no doubt it was going downhill and becoming more corporate by the day but you just don't pull the rug out on your fanbase like that. Who do we write to express our outrage?

That said, the spirit of the internet is full tilt freedom and there's no way the corporate suits were going to stand for that. I am relieved to see many familiar faces. I learned so much about the history of the team from the BBMB. To have all our expressions wiped out is the equivalent of being kidnapped and brought to North Korea.

Ralph had stones. Regardless of the on-field product, he stuck to his convictions and was the last true "thorn in the side" of the big, bad NFL. He took on the establishment by forming the AFL, and continued to vote against relocation fifty-odd years later. They all called him 'crazy old Ralph' when he held out on the new CBA agreement, then later they all admitted it was a bum deal and Ralph was right to be concerned. That's why I respected the man, and felt a loyalty to him. He was loyal to us.

Terry, on the other hand, is definitely emo, what with the crying and the boogers at press conferences.

Is either franchise better off since he took over? Definitely debatable.

It's debatable in the sense that it's really hard to make a case either franchise is better.

The real question is, will the Buffalo News reporters know to come here to find out what to write about in their columns.

They're already here. Thurman, Sal Cap and Tim "PFFFFT" Graham at least. Teef is here too and he's pretty spectacular. I think John and Chris are going all in on the multi-media initiative push.

That's just silly.

They were picking off some great posters just because they could. Place got boring.

it was really too bad. i feel it was the work of two specific people who had their own specific vision of the way the board should have been.

There are some days when I think the powers that be want to relocate this team. I suppose the first step in doing so is to kill the fanbase's loyalty. Today is one of those days

Oooooooor.... and this is just speculation, the social media push allows for better controlled management of fan reactions and opinions that may hinder players decisions of calling this place home. There's a reputation in Buffalo that our fan base is.... fickle. This seems to be phase 1 in repairing that, though you'll search long and hard for anyone in the media or fan base that agrees with the method in which it was carried out.

it was really too bad. i feel it was the work of two specific people who had their own specific vision of the way the board should have been.

Agreed. It was absolutely terrible!

Oooooooor.... and this is just speculation, the social media push allows for better controlled management of fan reactions and opinions that may hinder players decisions of calling this place home. There's a reputation in Buffalo that our fan base is.... fickle. This seems to be phase 1 in repairing that, though you'll search long and hard for anyone in the media or fan base that agrees with the method in which it was carried out.

I don't know. We had the most active message board in the league. I've never heard of a message board dissuading a player from signing somewhere.If anything it shows how much we love the team and its players

16 different starting quarterbacks since the 2000 season.

Yeah, it's the fans who are fickle.

Yeah, it's not like you can't talk football and still be goofy at the same time. I always felt as long as people weren't being straight up nasty, then let the small stuff go. It's a friggin game, people. A distraction for most of us.

At the very least, it led some of us here. And just poking around a little bit I can tell there's some really good discussion with some good, clean snark mixed in. Perhaps 'looser' moderation leads to less divisiveness, less 'favoritism', and a more open, tolerant forum.

Or maybe I should check back once the pads are on ;)

I don't know. We had the most active message board in the league. I've never heard of a message board dissuading a player from signing somewhere.If anything it shows how much we love the team and its players

I went against my better judgement a few weeks ago and posted a post about Tony Romo just based off some nonsense that was floating around and it turned into a barrel-fire. Never in a million years did I think there was tangibility in 1-Bills being reluctant to pursue someone due to the explosive fan reaction, but then there was a gigantic social media initiative launched a week ago that was a head-turner for anyone in the media who was finding themselves increasingly shut out. Kind of validated that there was truth to there bring concerns from the FO around fan/media reactions. By no means would I ever validate it or justify, quite the opposite (I'm a fan before anything else), but I gate that it came to fruition. The fans are well within their right to be frustrated. I just think this is just the beginning of their frustration this offseason.

Oh... and Mike Williams from Clemson is fat and slow.

Sports.