Nathan Peterman

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I have developed a knee-jerk expectation that OBD is going to disappoint me is all.

Gut feeling is its Watson. Which I would love. Whaley loved Dak last year (Bills met with him 5 times) and they missed out because of the Ragland trade (thanks Rex, nothing against Reggie tho). If you like Dak, Deshaun does everything he does only better. Off field - same. He's a Whaley guy, a McD guy, a Sammy guy, a big game performer. He's a learn behind TT guy, could take over any time. Edited by YoloinOhio

Gut feeling is its Watson. Which I would love. Whaley loved Dak last year (Bills met with him 5 times) and they missed out because of the Ragland trade (thanks Rex, nothing against Reggie tho). If you like Dak, Deshaun does everything he does only better. Off field - same. He's a Whaley guy, a McD guy, a Sammy guy, a big game performer. He's a learn behind TT guy, could take over any time.

Good post and you're right. I was slow to the D Wat train. But man, some guys just make things happen and don't care if they make a mistake.

Everything depends on the team that drafts them but I won't be shocked if Watson is the best qb to enter the league in a few years. If the Browns draft him, please ignore all this!

Gut feeling is its Watson. Which I would love. Whaley loved Dak last year (Bills met with him 5 times) and they missed out because of the Ragland trade (thanks Rex, nothing against Reggie tho). If you like Dak, Deshaun does everything he does only better. Off field - same. He's a Whaley guy, a McD guy, a Sammy guy, a big game performer. He's a learn behind TT guy, could take over any time.

I don't buy the "Bills would've drafted Dak but missed out due to Ragland trade!" narrative at all.

Whaley is and always has been a height/weight/speed guy. He wants a big quarterback with a big arm. It's why he refused to abandon EJ and why he's STILL not sold on Tyrod Taylor as the Bills' franchise QB. Personally, I think he was gonna draft Cardale Jones regardless of Dak's availability. Just my opinion based on Whaley's clear preferences for the position and for football players in general.

Well, this is where I depart from many of my fellow Mahomes' supporters. I also love Watson and would be happy if he were the choice. Your rationale makes sense to me.

I don't buy the "Bills would've drafted Dak but missed out due to Ragland trade!" narrative at all.

Whaley is and always has been a height/weight/speed guy. He wants a big quarterback with a big arm. It's why he refused to abandon EJ and why he's STILL not sold on Tyrod Taylor as the Bills' franchise QB. Personally, I think he was gonna draft Cardale Jones regardless of Dak's availability. Just my opinion based on Whaley's clear preferences for the position and for football players in general.

its ok if you don't buy it, but it is a fact they met with Dak 5 times. They very much liked him. Doesn't mean they don't like Cardale. I don't know how drafting one QB = "is, was, always will be" a certain type of QB. Also - "refused to abandon EJ" makes no sense. He literally just abandoned him as soon as his rookie contract was up. Edited by YoloinOhio

I agree this kid's Got Talent I'm not saying he's a starting quarterback yet, but he'd be a perfect backup. Great footwork, good accuracy and throws to open. He's already played in a pro-set unlike many of these other qbs. He'll go somewhere between late 3rd and early 5th.

its ok if you don't buy it, but it is a fact they met with Dak 5 times. They very much liked him. Doesn't mean they don't like Cardale. I don't know how drafting one QB = "is, was, always will be" a certain type of QB. Also - "refused to abandon EJ" makes no sense. He literally just abandoned him as soon as his rookie contract was up.

Fair enough. But if various articles are to be believed, Whaley impressed upon all those he interviewed for HC after Marrone quit the importance of giving Manuel another shot, stating that Marrone had messed him up, etc...Many GMs have historically not been nearly so attached to a QB pick after a new head coach is brought in. They gave him every opportunity to re-gain his starting spot. I would venture to guess that the preferred outcome of the Manuel-Cassel-Taylor QB competition was EJ winning. Then he hit the hospitality tent with an errant pass. :)

Anyway...I'm not denying that they met with Dak or liked him. I'm only saying that in my opinion, it was always going to be Cardale. I suppose we'll never know for sure.

Edited by Logic

Watch year one, before Kelly had the chance to ruin him. I tell you all it is NOT all on Kizer. Watch the game against UVA, watch the Clemson game, Watch any game from 2015. Hell, he was good in the Texas game opening this year, even though Kelly tried to run a 2 QB system. I happen to think Kelly is the MOST overrated coach in college football. He is also a massive douche nozzle who throws his kids under the bus, EVEN AFTER THEY ARE GONE, just like he tried to do with Deshone. A salty af ex-coach still trying to talk sh*t about a former player (whom he wishes would have stayed) in a round about way. Complete d*ck move. I am waiting for the day with joyful anticipation that he gets fired in South Bend. Don't get me wrong, there are things about Kizer that I have noted in other threads that bother me. His field vision at times and his footwork, but he is an extremely intelligent young man who has a massive potential for growth at the position. He needs to land in the right place with a Bruce Arians, or Andy Reid, or a Kyle Shanahan. A coach who knows how to bring a QB along.

....don't get to see college ball bud, but it was interesting how pundits said he should have waited a year with no mention of Kelly's ruination.....any idea why?....

....don't get to see college ball bud, but it was interesting how pundits said he should have waited a year with no mention of Kelly's ruination.....any idea why?....

i Also think he needs more time but do not fault him at all for not wanting to back there. He's in a tough spot. Transferring would mean sitting out a year.

I think he made the right move personally and professionally. Kelly has a way of sucking the life out of the QB's there. He also hasn't really developed all of those 4 and 5 star recruits. He chooses to be a little b*tch and blame his kids for his woes at ND. Not his crap game plans, not his piss poor coaching, not his questionable play calling, not his choices of personnel groupings, no, he threw a bunch of 18-22 year olds under the bus. He has been called for his latest "just can't let it go" rant about Kizer as well. He's like the little kid who walks up and tries to punch you in the nuts. He would have pulled the same mess this year using Wimbush as he did last year with Zaire. He would invent new ways to damage a highly talented QB prospect and try to destroy his confidence. Kelly doesn't build up, he tears down. The defense carried him to the BCS Championship game, but the fact he sucks at recruiting defensive talent is leading to his demise. Overrated and can't wait until the douche is gone. Kizer could have used another year in college, but not another year under Kelly.

Edited by H2o

I think he made the right move personally and professionally. Kelly has a way of sucking the life out of the QB's there. He also hasn't really developed all of those 4 and 5 star recruits. He chooses to be a little b*tch and blame his kids for his woes at ND. Not his crap game plans, not his piss poor coaching, not his questionable play calling, not his choices of personnel groupings, no, he threw a bunch of 18-22 year olds under the bus. He has been called for his latest "just can't let it go" rant about Kizer as well. He's like the little kid who walks up and tries to punch you in the nuts. He would have pulled the same mess this year using Wimbush as he did last year with Zaire. He would invent new ways to damage a highly talented QB prospect and try to destroy his confidence. Kelly doesn't build up, he tears down. The defense carried him to the BCS Championship game, but the fact he sucks at recruiting defensive talent is leading to his demise. Overrated and can't wait until the douche is gone. Kizer could have used another year in college, but not another year under Kelly.

I can't believe he is still there. ND boosters have to be livid?

I can't believe he is still there. ND boosters have to be livid?

I'm just a general fan, have been for 30 years, and I'm livid. ND just tossed him a sh*tload of $$$ last offseason on an extension. That is the only reason he is there. I hope they fall apart again this year just so his ass does get canned.

I'm just a general fan, have been for 30 years, and I'm livid. ND just tossed him a sh*tload of $$$ last offseason on an extension. That is the only reason he is there. I hope they fall apart again this year just so his ass does get canned.

im not an ND fan (not a hater either) but I find him to be a bad HC and a jackass. I see he hired Brian polian back after he got fired from Nevada. That should help with recruiting. he is very good.

Osu hired Tony Alford away from ND a couple years ago, he was their top recruiter. He couldn't stand Brian Kelly.

Edited by YoloinOhio

....why do they keep Kelly (finally finished paying off Charlie I think)?......their boosters have mega bucks......it is a pretty impressive place.....saw ND-Pitt in '76 when Dorsett ran wild (Montana was on IR dammit).......ND-UCLA basketball (we went for beers with Kelly Tripucka)....ND hockey tournament weekend.....their football program has been a prolonged mess......