Saint Doug Cops to his Sins ("Obviously")

Well, that's a nice fluffy feel good article. What it fails to mention is that opportunistic Doug thought he had the Jets job locked up, plus he had the 4 M severance ace in the hole. The Jets backed off when they knew they were going to be hit with tampering. Of course then the story changed----Poor little Dougie couldn't get a long with mean Mr. Whaley & all of a sudden the Bills were labeled as dysfunctional cuz of this jack ass.

I can't wait to see how things unfold with Coughlin. Doug better get out of the gate fast & win some games to gain some leverage with management because this won't be the Bills or Syracuse. Coughlin well put him through the meat grinder.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's a nice fluffy feel good article. What it fails to mention is that opportunistic Doug thought he had the Jets job locked up, plus he had the 4 M severance ace in the hole. The Jets backed off when they knew they were going to be hit with tampering. Of course then the story changed----Poor little Dougie couldn't get a long with mean Mr. Whaley & all of a sudden the Bills were labeled as dysfunctional cuz of this jack ass.

I can't wait to see how things unfold with Coughlin. Doug better get out of the gate fast & win some games to gain some leverage with management because this won't be the Bills or Syracuse. Coughlin well put him through the meat grinder.

Interesting.

Jacksonville has plenty of good seats available and a pool. I'm sure they love to have you.

Nah, I'll just have to hope if McDermott doesn't work out, we bring back our prodigal son and best coach this decade. :thumbsup:

You would.

Why wouldn't I? Wasn't having an awesome defense fun?

Some what.

But they will be a much better team this year. Count on that.

Marrones in a better situation.

I agree. I can't stand Marrone but he's in a situation where he is now surrounded with good football people. I don't think that he will do much better than .500 until Bortles gets it together though.

I agree. I can't stand Marrone but he's in a situation where he is now surrounded with good football people. I don't think that he will do much better than .500 until Bortles gets it together though.

who are the good football people he is surrounded with? Coughlin only takes up so much space.

Sometimes I forget this guy even existed here... maybe on purpose. His tenure as HC was so uneventful.

I was pretty bummed with how it ended, but he always seemed to field a competitive squad. Made do with a lot less than we have now...I thought he had us on the upswing.

Don't care for him personally though.

Most of me just doesn't care about Doug - he's part of Buffalo history now. But it was such a weird event - his quitting - that I admit some curiosity. It's good to read that he knows he should have handled things better.

"I always appreciated that experience. I thought Kim and Terry Pegula were great coming in, Mr. Wilson was awesome when he was alive while I was there, Mary Wilson. The people in the organization, there's a lot of great people there. I think when you go back and you look back, I'll be honest, there's some things that I should have done differently...

Privately, I've talked to Terry about that. He knows how I feel about it. I'm going to obviously keep that conversation private. Yes, I would say absolutely, you learn from that. That's one of the mistakes you wish you could go back and do over and you just wish you had more time."

Not a bad quote when read in full context.

but Coach Marrone is still an idiot for what he did with our O line.

First sign of dishonesty? "I'll be honest..."

I cringe when people say that, or any form of it.

Jacksonville has plenty of good seats available and a pool. I'm sure they love to have you.

some here :flirt: might chip in ?

But I still love you FC.

Edited by 3rdand12