No Franchise Tag for Gilmore

YoloinOhio

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there will be times this next year where you will have plenty of "We miss gilmore"

Im expecting it

I don't care how many meaningless games he played well in, he didn't play well enough to get us to the playoffs or not be embarassed by the Jets. I will regularly forget who played for this team until the year in which we are once again a relevant team. I don't have loyalty to anyone on this roster until then.

Yes its not like this is happening to other NFL teams.....or that we have not shown a propensity to sign our own players

The only first rounder the Bills have on the roster over the last 10 years is Dareus, Watkins and Shaq Lawson.

Go Bills!

Can someone please tell me why we didn't tag and trade Gilmore?

LA Rams are doing this with Trumaine Johnson

tagging him would have taken up like 3/4 of the cap space. No guarantee you can trade him. Rams have much more available cap to take that risk if it doesn't happen. Tag/trade is very difficult to pull off which is why it rarely happens. Player has to essentially agree to sign long term with the teams that both are interested and have the cap to do it. Same question came up with Byrd. There were only a few teams he was open to signing with long term, and that didn't match up with who was willing to trade assets AND pony up a huge contract. I anticipate the Rams may have a partner in the Browns where his former DC is now, and they over 100 mill in cap space. Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't care how many meaningless games he played well in, he didn't play well enough to get us to the playoffs or not be embarassed by the Jets. I will regularly forget who played for this team until the year in which we are once again a relevant team. I don't have loyalty to anyone on this roster until then.

I don't subscribe to the theory that if the sum of the parts is lousy than all of the parts must be as well.

The Dolphins and Rams were terrible 2 years ago, yet the Giants paid big money to defenders from each team and made their defense markedly better Ina single offseason.

It's fine not to get attached, but throwing the baby out with the bath water doesn't make sense

The only first rounder the Bills have on the roster over the last 10 years is Dareus, Watkins and Shaq Lawson.

Go Bills!

That is how you know you are drafting well? How about they are good enough that other teams want them?

X

I cant agree with this at all