Proposed uniform changes

udonkey

Boredom is setting in...

As one of the few Bills fans that actually like the new style of uniform, I wanted to make a couple of changes that could possibly help please the majority.

Among the changes are:

- Completely eliminating the silver/gray ("nickel") from the color scheme

- Going back to a late 70's style helmet, utilizing new color scheme

- Addition of "charging bison" logo to sleeves, for a unique identity (no more "is that a giants/patriots jersey?")

- Adding a 3rd, alternate uniform and helmet combo - exactly as worn during the Jim Kelly era - uniform to be worn AT HOME, annually vs. the Dolphins (or perhaps rotated vs. AFC East opponents)

http://www.ucpikes.com/mike/bills.gif

Boredom is setting in...

As one of the few Bills fans that actually like the new style of uniform, I wanted to make a couple of changes that could possibly help please the majority.

Among the changes are:

- Addition of "charging bison" logo to sleeves, for a unique identity (no more "is that a giants/patriots jersey?")

- Adding a 3rd, alternate uniform and helmet combo - exactly as worn during the Jim Kelly era - uniform to be worn AT HOME, annually vs. the Dolphins (or perhaps rotated vs. AFC East opponents)

256489[/snapback]

I like it alot and will work on a helmet for it. I do have one that is similar.

It all looks good, but the alternative jerse dfoes look a lot like the Giants. I know its supposed to be an 80s look, but its gonna get confused. And please stay away from White Helmets. It looks good, but only cause its new.

Boredom must really have set in since the team will not take any suggestions from it's fan base on uniform changes. I like the fact you have a logo on the sleeves. Our current uni's need that and it should be an easy thing to add.

If you are REALLY bored, can you do me a favor?

1) On the home and aways, get rid of the black sleeves, go with the main color throughout the shirt.

2) Put the thin-stripe trim around the shoulders back in, like the shirts have now. That is pretty unique. You can even make that shoulder trim black if you need to. Leave everything else as is.

3) On the alternate uni, get rid of the sleeve striping you have on them now, and replace it with the '60s style piping on the sleeves. Leave everything else as it is.

Send this to me, if you can. I'll buy you a soda and a nice cookie for your efforts.

I think the gray needs to go, too.

The funny thing is, at some point, a "real" jersey designer was sitting in a board room and said "Maybe the team colors should be teal and orange" and a bunch of big wigs agreed that it would indeed be a good idea.

Poor schmucks.

The funny thing is, at some point, a "real" jersey designer was sitting in a board room and said "Maybe the team colors should be teal and orange" and a bunch of big wigs agreed that it would indeed be a good idea.

Poor schmucks.

256621[/snapback]

Meanwhile, in the middle of a blizzard, another group of designers were saying "I know! Red and Blue! Then no one will confuse our team colors with another team!"

<Dr. Evil Voice> Riiiggghhhttt..... </DEV>

heh heh.

256489[/snapback]

All in all, I like your version much better than the current clown unis we have. One suggestion, though: the logo on the sleeve needs to be going in the same direction as the player is facing. Otherwise, the buffalo looks like it's retreating. :rolleyes:

All in all, I like your version much better than the current clown unis we have. One suggestion, though: the logo on the sleeve needs to be going in the same direction as the player is facing. Otherwise, the buffalo looks like it's retreating.  :rolleyes:

256656[/snapback]

No, it's just mooning the opposition!

No, it's just mooning the opposition!

256660[/snapback]

Keep that philosophy, and pretty soon they'll be calling you the Buffalo Butts.

Flip the Bison so its charging on both sleeves. This is a no brainer, and I'm guessing just a small design glitch, right?

Poor schmucks.

256621[/snapback]

Is that the Ben Dover Design Studios of Key West that designed uniforms for a NFL team that's not too far away from their headquarters?

Re: the white helmets...I always liked them, however, I remember it being said that they were changed because Joe Ferguson was throwing too many Int's.

At that time, the Jets, Pats, Colts, Dolphins & us ALL had white helmets, in the AFC East. I don't know if that's really why we went to red, but that's the way it was!

The one thing I've always thought would be a great compliment to the new uniforms would be metal flake candy apple red helmets with the charging Bison metallic as well.  The current red is kind of old fashioned.

256880[/snapback]

not a fan of all the glitter

The sad thing is that no one ever used to say that the Buffalo Bills uniforms were ugly. Now they do - and I'm one of them!

Yesterday the Bills sent me the J.P. Losman photos I had requested for the March wallpaper. (Kind of late, huh?) There were a few of him in his Tulane uniform, a couple in the red practice jersey, and all the rest were in the road jersey with the white pants (HIDEOUS!!!!)... so I've asked them to send more, preferably in the home jersey. We'll see.

I'm with you.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.  It wasn't broke.

257113[/snapback]

it wasn't broke when they had the white helmets either. Now when they had that silver and blue Detroit look, well things was broken!!!!

Boredom is setting in...

Among the changes are:

256489[/snapback]

Love the white hat part of this (with the charging bison, tho). Don't like the black that replaces the grey tho.

Love the white hat part of this (with the charging bison, tho).  Don't like the black that replaces the grey tho.

257526[/snapback]

Evidently, several people have dark settings on their monitors. The dark color is the navy that is currently used - the same color as the current home jersey.