The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Correct. That's my take as well. But dammit if Sam Rockwell ain't a charming SOB. He makes everything better. 

(trailer for those who missed it)

I haven't seen that trailer.  The one I've seen is far more over-the-top ridiculous.

I didn't even realize that was Rockwell until you mentioned it.  Bale's always a lock for an awesome performance...but that is a damned fine performance by Rockwell for me to not notice it was him.

• Like (+1) 1

George W Bush is a G (That's a compliment). I have second hand knowledge as to what a decent guy he was, but what sealed the deal was the perfect pitch after 9/11 and the effortless ducking from an incoming shoe attack. You can tell the guy is an athlete.

I'd like to see Trump throw out an opening pitch. Obama had a terrible delivery, but basically got the job done.

Didn't vote for him and never would, but you can't honestly question his toughness. 

6 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

George W Bush is a G (That's a compliment). I have second hand knowledge as to what a decent guy he was, but what sealed the deal was the perfect pitch after 9/11 and the effortless ducking from an incoming shoe attack. You can tell the guy is an athlete.

I'd like to see Trump throw out an opening pitch. Obama had a terrible delivery, but basically got the job done.

Didn't vote for him and never would, but you can't honestly question his toughness. 

An administration official once described him to me as "Very nice guy, but a ***** idiot."

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

An administration official once described him to me as "Very nice guy, but a ***** idiot."

Well, he was a PINO (President in name only). My brother had the opportunity to spend a weekend at the WH during the Bush years and the guy never stopped talking sports. That's a big plus!

I think it's pretty well documented that Dick was calling the shots.

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Well, he was a PINO (President in name only). My brother had the opportunity to spend a weekend at the WH during the Bush years and the guy never stopped talking sports. That's a big plus!

I think it's pretty well documented that Dick was calling the shots.

Your post reminded me of this scene for some reason, which is my favorite portrayal of W on film to date. 

(NSFW language) 4 minutes long, and stoner humor... but it amuses me. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

IF IT WEREN’T FOR DOUBLE STANDARDS, THERE’D BE NO JOURNALISTIC STANDARDS AT ALL:

Screen-Shot-2018-12-07-at-19.06.19.png

UN Ambassador will no longer be a Cabinet Level Position

Just like it hasn't been before. It's up to the discretion of the sitting President of the United States - currently Donald J. Trump. 

And for the record, she's certainly more qualified than Caroline Kennedy was when she became the US Ambassador to Japan.

.@TIME announces the 2018 Person of the Year shortlist

DuD3IKnUwAEeTYm.jpg:large.............Laughable as usual

Dr. Ford, but not Brett Kavanaugh.....?

So the question is this: Who can do the most damage to Trump...or is perceived to do the most damage amongst those who make this list?

By that metric, Jamal Khashoggi is Time Man of the Year.

Who would enrage Trump the most? Robert Mueller.

So there's Choice #2.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

.@TIME announces the 2018 Person of the Year shortlist

DuD3IKnUwAEeTYm.jpg:large.............Laughable as usual

Dr. Ford, but not Brett Kavanaugh.....?

So the question is this: Who can do the most damage to Trump...or is perceived to do the most damage amongst those who make this list?

By that metric, Jamal Khashoggi is Time Man of the Year.

Who would enrage Trump the most? Robert Mueller.

So there's Choice #2.

Honestly surprised not to see Ocasio-Cortez there.