The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

21 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Funny you ask. He was/is Caucasian but his last name was Lee.

Lee is an English name

Asians with a surname of Lee had ancestors that either emigrated to the United States or lived in an area under British colonial rule.  These ancestors had names that sounded like "Lee" so their name was recorded in English as "Lee"

Imagine hating the United States so bad that you want to rewrite history and claim that the American Revolution was started because England wanted to ban slavery.

Imagine thinking that and thinking you're the sane one.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Imagine hating the United States so bad that you want to rewrite history and claim that the American Revolution was started because England wanted to ban slavery.

Imagine thinking that and thinking you're the sane one.

I'm in the middle of moving so I haven't had time to look into this at all -- but I hadn't realized the Times was trying to frame 1619 as the start of slavery in the Americas. Talk about breathtakingly dishonest :lol: 

26 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'm in the middle of moving so I haven't had time to look into this at all -- but I hadn't realized the Times was trying to frame 1619 as the start of slavery in the Americas. Talk about breathtakingly dishonest :lol: 

I assume they're not going to mention that the dozen Africans in Jamestown in 1619 were all free men and landholders within 10 years of their arrival.  And they worked amongst 1000 Englishman held under identical terms of servitude.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

He certainly has the MORAL authority to do so, but not the legal.

So you want him to lose in 2020?   This is the stupidest thing I’ve heard all day. Yeah it’s early but I don’t imagine I’ll hear anything this dumb the rest of the day. 

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So you want him to lose in 2020?   This is the stupidest thing I’ve heard all day. Yeah it’s early but I don’t imagine I’ll hear anything this dumb the rest of the day. 

There's a good chance he will anyway.

I'd rather see him go down swinging rather than letting a morally bankrupt institution continue on in perpetuity.

Trump lashes out at his favorite network. Lol. 

Fox News’ Bret Baier paused his show Monday night to directly address President Donald Trump’s critiques of his network.

“Fox has not changed,” he said. “We have a news side and an opinion side. Opinion folks express their opinions. We do polls.”

“Our latest poll had the Democratic candidates head to head, several of them ahead of President Trump, and this poll tracks exactly what the Real Clear Politics average of polls — even a little the other way — and this poll matches what we are seeing out there,” he added, showing a graphic of Trump losing one-on-one matchups with former Vice President Joe Biden and Sens. Bernie Sanders (I-VT), Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) and Kamala Harris (D-CA).

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/baier-trump-fox-news-poll-2020-elections

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Have I mentioned how much I hate the NYT?

I would love nothing more than for Trump to take action against it, but he hasn't got the balls to do it.

Have you ever heard of the first amendment? 

51 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Revoke their access to the white house, to start. Make it impossible to do their jobs.

And this will accomplish what exactly other than looking like a whiny B word?  I don’t like you so we must silence you!!  How Progressive of you. 

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

And this will accomplish what exactly other than looking like a whiny B word?  I don’t like you so we must silence you!!  How Progressive of you. 

Exactly. I'm proposing using the weapons of our domestic enemies against them.

That's how they're going to play the game, we need to do it as well. This republic's a sham, anyway.