The Media's Portrayal of Trump and His Presidency

Nanker

This past Monday, the executive editor of The New York Times made these comments:

Dean Baquet, the executive editor of the New York Times, said recently that, after the Mueller report, the paper has to shift the focus of its coverage from the Trump-Russia affair to the president’s alleged racism.

“We built our newsroom to cover one story, and we did it truly well,” Baquet said. “Now we have to regroup, and shift resources and emphasis to take on a different story.”

Baquet made the remarks at an employee town hall Monday. A recording was leaked to Slate, which published a transcript Thursday.

7SvT3rHh_normal.jpgSara A. Carter

Read this and you’ll understand what’s happened in top newsrooms and why Independent investigative journalism is so important - these editors are shaping narratives at the expense of truth - to line their pockets and push political agendas.

The takeaway? The NYT says it is mapping out a narrative in advance of any naturally-occurring, true news events, and plans to shape all natural-occurring, true news events so that they are reported in the context of racism. This is what they believe their readers want.

https://twitter.com/SaraCarterDC/status/1162344323712802817 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Baltimore deputy police commissioner, wife robbed at gunpoint

But it's totally not a rat-infested sh*thole. Really.

...have not been there since family reunion in 1994.....harbor area was pretty cool....MLB was on strike so no Orioles.....have NO intention of EVER going back........perennially in top 5 of most dangerous US cities....for a reason.....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

Baltimore deputy police commissioner, wife robbed at gunpoint

But it's totally not a rat-infested sh*thole. Really.

Decades ago I used to do business with a rather wealthy importer of goods that were mostly from the Orient. That aside, I had lunch at his beautiful LA home and he told the story of having dinner with the LA Chief of Police and his wife when armed robbers broke into the home and actually held them hostage while searching for valuables. If I remember correctly they stole some jewelry and the men's wallets and women's purses. Imagine their surprise when they found out that they had held the LA top cop at gunpoint.

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Decades ago I used to do business with a rather wealthy importer of goods that were mostly from the Orient. That aside, I had lunch at his beautiful LA home and he told the story of having dinner with the LA Chief of Police and his wife when armed robbers broke into the home and actually held them hostage while searching for valuables. If I remember correctly they stole some jewelry and the men's wallets and women's purses. Imagine their surprise when they found out that they had held the LA top cop at gunpoint.

...took the family to San Diego in 2006......drove up to Six Flags Magic Mountain  in Valencia to ride all of the coasters......took wrong turn from I5-South heading back onto I10-West towards Santa Monica.....first exit dumped me off in the LA garment district with the biggest cardboard city of homeless I had ever seen....my first two words were, "we're dead"......found a reluctant AH LA cop who gave me directions out......effin' scary place.....

45 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

... Why 1619? Why not starting earlier with the decimation of the Caribs? The NYTs hates indigenous people I guess. 

at least we now know the propaganda press' new narrative for the next couple years. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

These cops don’t carry?  ?

32 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

These cops don’t carry?  ?

It was the Chief of Police for LA. I don't know (or forget) if he was carrying but the burglars had the drop on them anyway. This was the story that was told to me by a very reputable person.

2 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

It was the Chief of Police for LA. I don't know (or forget) if he was carrying but the burglars had the drop on them anyway. This was the story that was told to me by a very reputable person.

The original owners of our house in Oakland were victims of a home invasion robbery. Our neighbor was telling my wife about it shortly after we moved it. Why the hell he was telling her is beyond me. A year after we moved in we were burgled. I’m so glad we are no longer there. 

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The original owners of our house in Oakland were victims of a home invasion robbery. Our neighbor was telling my wife about it shortly after we moved it. Why the hell he was telling her is beyond me. A year after we moved in we were burgled. I’m so glad we are no longer there. 

This house was in LA in a really nice older neighborhood and the house exuded class. The yard was all Oriental gardens with a full time gardener. We were served lunch by the full time cook. The guy would make periodic trips to visit us in the Santa Barbara area in the back seat of his limo. He was a really nice guy who didn't have a pretentious bone in his body.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

This house was in LA in a really nice older neighborhood and the house exuded class. The yard was all Oriental gardens with a full time gardener. We were served lunch by the full time cook. The guy would make periodic trips to visit us in the Santa Barbara area in the back seat of his limo. He was a really nice guy who didn't have a pretentious bone in his body.

Asian?  If so they are often the target of home invasions because they usually have large sums of cash on hand. 

3 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...have not been there since family reunion in 1994.....harbor area was pretty cool....MLB was on strike so no Orioles.....have NO intention of EVER going back........perennially in top 5 of most dangerous US cities....for a reason.....

We went in June, as a stop between Washington and Atlantic City. We stayed right at Inner Harbor. It was NOT the Inner Harbor I remember from the late '80s. We did the paddle boat photo op thing, but couldn't get the heck of there soon enough. There were mobs of teens and police cars on the sidewalk of every block. The hotel staff reassured us -- "Don't worry. This is the SAFE part of town!" Never again.

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Sounds like an NCIS episode! Does not surprise me one bit, considering the city/state.