Bills 2016 Draft Graded "D"(oug) By NFL.COM

BillsFanInJax

Romo is hurt by week 3. Draft which QB? Hit it or we are still in limbo.

And what do you pay for an old, fragile QB?

How much QB salary can we carry?

Watson, Mahomes, Trubisky. Whichever is there.

Oh so now you're the one who can see the future, eh?

Give Romo $20M. We can afford it. Ditch TT.

Agreed, Romo gets hurt in Dallas behind a great o line, imagine him in Buffalo in the cold.

Mayock says he'd be scared to take any QB this year in the first, you want EJ 2.0? Juju could also be gone by the 3rd and all we have is Sammy at WR now with this plan. Even if Romo stays healthy his only WR will be double covered all day.

Mayock is a hack. EJ 2.0 ain't in this draft.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watson, Mahomes, Trubisky. Whichever is there.

Oh so now you're the one who can see the future, eh?

Give Romo $20M. We can afford it. Ditch TT.

Mayock is a hack. EJ 2.0 ain't in this draft.

Hahaha I'm willing to bet everything I have that one of those 3 QBs doesn't pan out and if we took one that didn't 2 years from now you would want to blame Whaley because we didn't draft one of the all pros available at that spot.

I am NOT the guy who claims to have all the answers! Not at all. I'm just pointing out that its not easy. Not being a huge college fan, I don't even have much of an answer. I do know I'm sick of all the guys with perfect hindsight. Nobody wants to hear from guys with perfect hindsight. Call it early and stick with it, then maybe you have some credibility. "Whichever is there"? Not a good answer. Who is the guy?

I am NOT the guy who claims to have all the answers! Not at all. I'm just pointing out that its not easy. Not being a huge college fan, I don't even have much of an answer. I do know I'm sick of all the guys with perfect hindsight. Nobody wants to hear from guys with perfect hindsight. Call it early and stick with it, then maybe you have some credibility. "Whichever is there"? Not a good answer. Who is the guy?

How am I supposed to know which guy will go before we pick?

You said Romo will be hurt by week 3. That sounds like an answer to me.

Edited by FireChan

How am I supposed to know which guy will go before we pick?

You said Romo will be hurt by week 3. That sounds like an answer to me.

Anyone who goes by Fire [Anyone] sounds kinda glass half empty. How many QB's will go top 9? Which one would you take first? How high? And what if the top one was gone? Who would you take, and how high? You want perfection, but have more criticism than answers. I ain't that easy! :)

Romo is certainly not the long term answer. Who really believes that? Stop gap? Maybe. We have that already.

Anyone who goes by Fire [Anyone] sounds kinda glass half empty. How many QB's will go top 9? Which one would you take first? How high? And what if the top one was gone? Who would you take, and how high? You want perfection, but have more criticism than answers. I ain't that easy! :)

Romo is certainly not the long term answer. Who really believes that? Stop gap? Maybe. We have that already.

All stop gaps are not created equal. Peyton Manning was a stop gap in Denver. It seemed to work out.

You look for your QB of the next 10 years while you have Romo taking you to the playoffs.

Watson, Trubisky, Mahomes are my 1-3.

Edited by FireChan

^+1

Doug is bulletproof and never drafted a player way ahead of where he should be or traded way to much to move up or gave a contact that unecessairly overpaid someone or gave a contract that actually paid someone while they were suspended. If this happened it was someone else who was responsible for it and he had no knowledge of it.

:thumbsup:

Trade for Romo now. Ditch TT. Draft QB then Budda Baker with our first 2 picks. Draft Ju Ju in the 3rd. Leggo.

I just need to preface this by saying that I disagree with pretty much everything FireChan says because of statements like this, in which he displays an absurdly overconfident view based on dubious assumptions.

However, in this case I need to agree with part of his argument about Whaley. Although he's acquired several key pieces through free agency, we don't have a single "blue chip" player acquired through one of his drafts. Darby, maybe? Watkins is hurt too often to be included in that category. It's too early to evaluate the 2016 draft, but if at least a few of those guys don't make an impact in 2017, I'd consider Whaley a failure. GMs have to be able to find talent in the draft in order to build a sustainable team. Whaley hasn't proven that he knows how to do that.

The tone of this article sounds like someone with an agenda.

A. Washington had a great rookie year for an interior rookie lineman taken in the third round. Regardless of his size.

Wake me up in two years from now. If Lawson gets 8-12 sacks a season, Ragland turns into an every down LB with Seymour and Washington improving on a solid rookie campaign, talk to me then.

Sounded totally reasonable to me.

Washington was great? Not buying that, third-rounder or not. He was decent.

And we shouldn't have to wake you two years from now. After the first-year draft grades aren't based on third-year performance. We drafted a guy we knew was an injury risk, for a coach who was on the hot seat. If he then misses the season because of that injury, OBD should absolutely be held responsible and graded down.

I just need to preface this by saying that I disagree with pretty much everything FireChan says because of statements like this, in which he displays an absurdly overconfident view based on dubious assumptions.

However, in this case I need to agree with part of his argument about Whaley. Although he's acquired several key pieces through free agency, we don't have a single "blue chip" player acquired through one of his drafts. Darby, maybe? Watkins is hurt too often to be included in that category. It's too early to evaluate the 2016 draft, but if at least a few of those guys don't make an impact in 2017, I'd consider Whaley a failure. GMs have to be able to find talent in the draft in order to build a sustainable team. Whaley hasn't proven that he knows how to do that.

Agreed.

He's done pretty well overall in FA, but not especially well in the draft. And if you don't do well in the draft you're probably going to see salary cap problems, which is indeed the way things turned out.

Clearly anyone who says anything negative about a team that hasnt made the playoffs in seventeen years has an agenda.

Did you read the article?

Sounded totally reasonable to me.

Washington was great? Not buying that, third-rounder or not. He was decent.

And we shouldn't have to wake you two years from now. After the first-year draft grades aren't based on third-year performance. We drafted a guy we knew was an injury risk, for a coach who was on the hot seat. If he then misses the season because of that injury, OBD should absolutely be held responsible and graded down.

Agreed.

He's done pretty well overall in FA, but not especially well in the draft. And if you don't do well in the draft you're probably going to see salary cap problems, which is indeed the way things turned out.

What does Washingtons size have anything to do with his production? The reporter made it sound as if because he was some huge beast(which even then it doesn't matter), he should of had more of an impact. BTW 2.5 sacks from an interior lineman is pretty good! That's value from a third round rookie.

If you want the Bills to stink believe articles like this. If you want the Bills to be good you can find ways not to believe it.

I think it's unfair to say he hasn't drafted any blue chippers. Sammy is one he just gets injured too often. Kiko was an all pro his rookie year, his injury just completely messed him up. Darby was almost defensive rookie of the year, yes he played terrible last year but he could bounce back, maybe there was something going on there.

It's also too early to count Lawson and Ragland as busts, same for Brown in my opinion. All 3 have been injured.

I think it's unfair to say he hasn't drafted any blue chippers. Sammy is one he just gets injured too often. Kiko was an all pro his rookie year, his injury just completely messed him up. Darby was almost defensive rookie of the year, yes he played terrible last year but he could bounce back, maybe there was something going on there.

It's also too early to count Lawson and Ragland as busts, same for Brown in my opinion. All 3 have been injured.

How many times do I have to tell you that Kiko was not an All-Pro.

Haha, they say they disagree with me because I play they hindsight game, then when I say what to do, it's absurd.

A guy can't win around here.

The draft wasn't that bad. I still believe that with a full offseason of work and a clean bill of health that Shaq becomes a 10+ sacks a year edge guy. Ragland? I think he is more of an ILB in a 3-4. I don't know if he fits anywhere in a McDermott/Frazier defense. He was definitely a Rex Ryan special. Washington was a solid pick. There were "expert" re-drafts that had him as high as the late 1st round. We don't know what we'll get out of Listenbee yet. Seymour was a good pick. Cardale should not be judged for another two years because everyone knew he required much work to get ready. Overall Whaley has done a solid job bringing the talent level up. We need a QB, a RT, WR's behind Watkins, some S help, and scheme fit LB's. Hopefully McDermott and his staff get these guys to perform at a consistent level. Then we will be competitive in the AFC again. Eliminate the mental lapses, get them to show discipline, and make those strides to change the culture around here.

Edited by H2o

Kiko Alonso is a horrible football player and always has been.