Bills 2016 Draft Graded "D"(oug) By NFL.COM

BillsFanInJax

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not true.

Drunk Chip traded us Shady, not the other way around.

Hughes was solid.

Again, 1 player over 2 drafts re-signed. 15 picks. 1 player. And we had to use 2 firsts and a 4th to select that guy.

Brutal.

2014 was his first draft as GM none of those deals are up yet.

2014 was his first draft as GM none of those deals are up yet.

I'm sick of the "Whaley is bad at his job crap." As a GM he has been able to identify scrap heap guys like Alexander, Zach Brown, Tyrod Taylor, Chris Hogan and Richie Incognito and bring them in on cheap deals and get great production out of them. Our offense has improved significantly and if Rex could have kept the defense performing at a high level we would have easily made the playoffs.

Did he make a mistake drafting EJ? Sure but lots of GMs draft QBs that don't work out. There are about 20 teams out there that are still looking for one, you have to get lucky. If it were easy then Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, Drew Brees and Dak Prescott would have all been early first round picks.

Having trouble keeping your story straight?

If 2013 wasn't Whaley's, how did he mess up drafting EJ? Furthermore, if 2013 wasn't Whaley because Nix was still GM, why does Whaley get credit for the Hughes trade which happened only days after the draft and before Nix formally resigned?

So, are you letting facts get in the way? Agendas seem to be more important. :)

Is this really the guy you're gonna hitch your wagon too?

And some more anti Whaley ammo. A 3rd round pick for Bryce Brown. Attempting to re-sign CJ Spiller for $5M per year.

Frightening stuff.

Edited by FireChan

Having trouble keeping your story straight?

If 2013 wasn't Whaley's, how did he mess up drafting EJ? Furthermore, if 2013 wasn't Whaley because Nix was still GM, why does Whaley get credit for the Hughes trade which happened only days after the draft and before Nix formally resigned?

Is this really the guy you're gonna hitch your wagon too?

And some more anti Whaley ammo. A 3rd round pick for Bryce Brown. Attempting to re-sign CJ Spiller for $5M per year.

Frightening stuff.

Even if you count the 2013 draft it's still not 15 picks, plus we traded Alonso so you can't count him.

You're mentioning 7th round picks as busts, most of those don't work out. Sammy is good but injured all the time, that's bad luck. Kiko was an all pro who he flipped for Shady who helped us lead the league in rushing.

I also forgot to mention he got Jerry Hughes too. Talent wasn't the issue, injuries and bad coaching was the issue.

Oh and here's where you gave credit to Whaley for drafting Kiko. Tough day.

Even if you count the 2013 draft it's still not 15 picks, plus we traded Alonso so you can't count him.

8 in 2013. 7 in 2014. 1, maybe 2 players re-signed out of that bundle.

That's bad.

I'm absolutely fine with Whaley until we see how he does with his own coach and some Rex-free drafts. Yep, I'm all for letting it play out.

Whaley's Rex-free drafts were arguably his worst...

Oh and here's where you gave credit to Whaley for drafting Kiko. Tough day.

8 in 2013. 7 in 2014. 1, maybe 2 players re-signed out of that bundle.

That's bad.

Whaley's Rex-free drafts were arguably his worst...

When is the last time a team resigned all of their picks from a draft class? That's an unrealistic expectation. The Patriots have had multiple terrible drafts with more than 8 picks, should Bellicheck be fired from making personnel decisions?

Even of the 8, 1 was a kicker we brought in for competition, 1 is a wide receiver that some are saying will get paid close to 7 mil a year and 1 was traded before his contract came up.

When is the last time a team resigned all of their picks from a draft class? That's an unrealistic expectation. The Patriots have had multiple terrible drafts with more than 8 picks, should Bellicheck be fired from making personnel decisions?

Even of the 8, 1 was a kicker we brought in for competition, 1 is a wide receiver that some are saying will get paid close to 7 mil a year and 1 was traded before his contract came up.

I'm asking for like, 3 or 4 worth signing. I mean, we did have high firsts and seconds. Not re-signing your first 3 picks, first, second and third rounders in 2013, and then having another bust in the second the next year is tough to defend.

Incredibly, we would've had another disappointment if Cleveland didn't want to trade with us in 2014. Whaley wanted Ebron at 8. Could you imagine? 0-15?

Edited by FireChan

I'm asking for like, 3 or 4 worth signing. I mean, we did have high firsts and seconds. Not re-signing your first 3 picks, first, second and third rounders in 2013, and then having another bust in the second the next year is tough to defend.

Incredibly, we would've had another disappointment if Cleveland didn't want to trade with us in 2014. Whaley wanted Ebron at 8. Could you imagine? 0-15?

At the end of the day I'd rather have the roster he constructed last year than 2/3 of the other teams in the league. We just had terrible coaching and some injuries.

In my book that's a good GM especially in a small market like Buffalo.

Gee, you'd think with a lousy coach we should have gone 0-16 with that awful roster...... But wait, we were a few plays from the palyoffs? Put 11 guys on the field and we might be stuck with Rex.

Yeah I guess. Maybe DeAndre Hopkins, Kyle Long, Desmond Trufant, Tyler Eifert or Xavier Rhodes could've helped get there instead of EJ. Maybe 16 games of Khalil Mack, OBJ, Mike Evans, Anthony Barr, Aaron Donald, CJ Mosley, Derek Carr or Teddy Bridgewater could've gotten us there over a handful of hurt Watkins games.

At the end of the day I'd rather have the roster he constructed last year than 2/3 of the other teams in the league. We just had terrible coaching and some injuries.

In my book that's a good GM especially in a small market like Buffalo.

Relax, making sense doesn't always go over well, but it still makes sense! :)

Yeah I guess. Maybe DeAndre Hopkins, Kyle Long, Desmond Trufant, Tyler Eifert or Xavier Rhodes could've helped get there instead of EJ. Maybe 16 games of Khalil Mack, OBJ, Mike Evans, Anthony Barr, Aaron Donald, CJ Mosley, Derek Carr or Teddy Bridgewater could've gotten us there over a handful of hurt Watkins games.

Don't be a "hindsight cherry picker". It's unbecoming. Tell us the FUTURE. Ooops, that's not so easy.

Trade for Romo now. Ditch TT. Draft QB then Budda Baker with our first 2 picks. Draft Ju Ju in the 3rd. Leggo.

Romo is hurt by week 3. Draft which QB? Hit it or we are still in limbo.

And what do you pay for an old, fragile QB?

How much QB salary can we carry?

Romo is hurt by week 3. Draft which QB? Hit it or we are still in limbo.

And what do you pay for an old, fragile QB?

Agreed, Romo gets hurt in Dallas behind a great o line, imagine him in Buffalo in the cold.

Mayock says he'd be scared to take any QB this year in the first, you want EJ 2.0? Juju could also be gone by the 3rd and all we have is Sammy at WR now with this plan. Even if Romo stays healthy his only WR will be double covered all day.

Edited by Hyphe23