The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

Mahomes is the best player in this entire draft. It's not even close. My opinion he is a future pro bowler that will take the team that drafts him to multiple Super Bowls. The Bills need to do what ever they can to draft him. I know some people are gun shy or say wait to the 2nd round. But he will not be there. I'm sticking my neck out and making it known how I feel and I stand by my prediction. Mahomes will be come a franchise QB and go on to have a great NFL career. He is not a one year wonder and has the body size

6 foot three 230 pounds and the best arm to boot. The guy has the gun slinger look and feel and he can make impossible throws from bad angles, foot work and bad situations on the run. This guy is Farve like in every sense of the word. He just needs proper NFL coaching to mold his greatness. He is even worth trading up for in the first round to get him. I for one will be disappointed if the Bills do not draft him. I will always watch with interest what team he goes too and how his carrer turns out. I am so hoping he will become a Buffalo Bill.

Edited by billsareback

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mahomes is the best player in this entire draft. It's not even close. My opinion he is a future pro bowler that will take the team that drafts him to multiple Super Bowls. The Bills need to do what ever they can to draft him. I know some people are gun shy or say wait to the 2nd round. But he will not be there. I'm sticking my neck out and making it known how I feel and I stand by my prediction. Mahomes will be come a franchise QB and go on to have a great NFL career. He is not a one year wonder and has the body size

6 foot three 230 pounds and the best arm to boot. The guy has the gun slinger look and feel and he can make impossible throws from bad angles, foot work and bad situations on the run. This guy is Farve like in every sense of the word. He just needs proper NFL coaching to mold his greatness. He is even worth trading up for in the first round to get him. I for one will be disappointed if the Bills do not draft him. I will always watch with interest what team he goes too and how his carrer turns out. I am so hoping he will become a Buffalo Bill.

Now he is taking the mick.....

Mahomes is being discussed with North Carolina’s Mitchell Trubisky, Clemson’s Deshaun Watson and Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer as the top quarterbacks. Kingsbury believes Mahomes won’t make it past No. 15, which means the Browns would have to take him at No. 12.

They’ve worked him out privately in their continuing search for a franchise quarterback, and coach Hue Jackson has expressed his preference for the size and arm talent Mahomes brings.

“He’s another one of these young players in the draft who’s very talented,” Jackson said at the owners meetings. “Has a big arm as we all know. I think he’s tough.”

http://www.chroniclet.com/browns-notes/2017/04/06/NFL-Draft-Texas-Tech-QB-Patrick-Mahomes.html

Mahomes is being discussed with North Carolina’s Mitchell Trubisky, Clemson’s Deshaun Watson and Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer as the top quarterbacks. Kingsbury believes Mahomes won’t make it past No. 15, which means the Browns would have to take him at No. 12.

They’ve worked him out privately in their continuing search for a franchise quarterback, and coach Hue Jackson has expressed his preference for the size and arm talent Mahomes brings.

“He’s another one of these young players in the draft who’s very talented,” Jackson said at the owners meetings. “Has a big arm as we all know. I think he’s tough.”

http://www.chroniclet.com/browns-notes/2017/04/06/NFL-Draft-Texas-Tech-QB-Patrick-Mahomes.html

I think there is a reasonable chance, despite what mock drafts are projecting, that all four top qbs get drafted in the first round. For the business as usual crowd, this is a great opportunity to trade back, get extra picks, and stack the defense. What we ought to do is choose the best qb on the board at #10, hopefully Mahomes.

I don't see any way where the Browns will be drafting another QB from Texas Tech after the Manziel debacle.

While it's totally unfair to Mahomes, it would no doubt be a hard sell to say the least for that franchise to take another crack at it.

I'm sure Jackson is talking him up because he wants Mahomes to be picked ahead of their #12 pick in hopes that their preferred, "more ready" QB will be there.

I don't see any way where the Browns will be drafting another QB from Texas Tech after the Manziel debacle.

While it's totally unfair to Mahomes, it would no doubt be a hard sell to say the least for that franchise to take another crack at it.

I'm sure Jackson is talking him up because he wants Mahomes to be picked ahead of their #12 pick in hopes that their preferred, "more ready" QB will be there.

Manziel played for Texas A&M, no?

Manziel was Air Raid though. Honestly, if Mahomes played Air Raid at Cal he would be a consensus top five pick. The Texas Tech thing makes older scouts think of Graham Harrell.

Cal? The guy that just got picked from there looks like a bust. I don't think their reputation is that great.

Not that it means anything. Just thought it was weird you chose Cal as an example.

Cal? The guy that just got picked from there looks like a bust. I don't think their reputation is that great.

Not that it means anything. Just thought it was weird you chose Cal as an example.

Jared Goff isn't looking like a bust because of Air Raid. My point was that Texas Tech has more of a stigma attached to it than Cal. When Cal does it the announcers just say "they like throwing the ball" when Texas Tech does it it's a gimmicky offense.

Edited by jeffismagic

Jared Goff isn't looking like a bust because of Air Raid. My point was that Texas Tech has more of a stigma attached to it than Cal. When Cal does it the announcers just say "they like throwing the ball" when Texas Tech does it it's a gimmicky offense.

Gotcha. I didn't like Goff, either, and don't like Cal, so it just seemed like a terrible example.

Still doubt he'd be top 5 if he was from Cal. Too many question marks. But maybe a more consensus first rounder, I'll give you that.

3 reasons the Bills should draft: QB Patrick Mahomes: Buffalo News

1. He put up big-time numbers with a big-time arm. As a junior, Mahomes set a single-game FBS record with 819 yards of offense. He totaled seven touchdowns (five passing, two running) in a 66-59 loss to Oklahoma, part of a season in which he threw for 5,052 yards, 41 touchdowns and 10 interceptions in 12 games, averaging 49 passes per game. Most scouts agree Mahomes has the best arm talent of any quarterback in the class, a trait that takes on even more importance in Buffalo, where games are frequently played in the cold and wind.

2. He disputes the idea he's a product of the system. Mahomes played in the Air Raid offense, which has not translated well to the NFL for quarterbacks. It's full of quick passes and predetermined reads, but Mahomes said he practiced taking snaps under center every day, while also running some play action. "We ran some NFL stuff," he said...

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/08/3-reasons-bills-draft-qb-patrick-mahomes/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOxW_xLxRaQ

Edited by jeffismagic

Make the Buffalo Bills great again, draft Mahomes.

Dude seriously has it all...talent, competitiveness, drive, smarts, hard working. If we can draft EJ at #16 (a QB even I had reservations about), Mahomes looks 100 times the better prospect. We have Taylor to start in 2017 and give Mahomes a full year to develop, let's do this!

@ESPNNFL

When you have @PatrickMahomes5 visit @espn, you have him throw deep balls. 1f4aa.png

https://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/851874396599922689

I think ESPN twitter is a bit dyslexic. I just watched the ESPN segment and I'm pretty sure they meant balls deep, as Jaworski and McShay were literally choking on their effusive praise for Mahomes and that arm strength.

Edited by Jauronimo