Hundreds come out to Gillette to greet champs

We will see their parade turnout today since it is snowing and raining. Pretty funny that the Bruins dumped the Claude Julien firing on parade day.

Julien should been fired a month ago if not sooner. He is awful with young players.

As for the turnout it be ok, I will not say a great turnout though.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He probably longs to have discussions with fans that actually know something about football

^^^ this and fans who don't say " your stupid TB12 is a gawd" or something like that if god forbid you think they could done something better. Or worse you defend them when they are playing bad (KC game 2 years ago.. that was hell on pats boards)

^^^ this and fans who don't say " your stupid TB12 is a gawd" or something like that if god forbid you think they could done something better. Or worse you defend them when they are playing bad (KC game 2 years ago.. that was hell on pats boards)

well, you've gone from intriguing visitor to obnoxious to full blown troll. Now, you're pushing your status here. I'm sure you'll find more of your kind who share your views on Pats** websites. Pease visit them -or clam down.

To be honest, it would diminish fan-dom if my team went on a run like that. Most boston sports fans deep inside probably agree. You cant replace that first one, and the big games along the way. I am sure some of the playoff games, such as that raiders tuck rule game were more highly anticipated. Probably still was exciting for the runs vs carolina and philly. After that, it just seems expected and routine. The regular season is devoid of meaningful games. Playoffs... somewhat meaningful, but home playoffs games. If they lose, there is always next year.

I am close friends with a few pats fans from ne. They dont seem to really get up for playoff games and superbowls like the past. For anyone else... the world stops at those events. For these people, its an excuse to don the brady jersey, gloat a couple days, then move on to next season that they feign caring.

Living in ct in 2003, i used to root for the red sox a bit... as i loathe the yankees. Talking to red sox fans, we would all agree that being a yankees fan with the deck stacked and constant championship aspirations couldnt possibly be as fun as rooting for any other team. I wonder if they still agree.

Its a diminishing returns thing.

There are 21 year olds who know nothing else other than wild sports success. I think of this person as much less a fan than the old guard on boston who had to go through the crap. When things do turn south, these new generation of fans will have a lot of difficulty remaining engaged, and im sure many older fans have become a bit detached as well.

The rallying cry is "bradys got 5 rings now!". Really not inspiring. They may try to claim that "this one is the sweetest"... but everyone knows it is not true. They will never again have those feelings and swings of those first runs.

Edited by May Day 10

Okay Sean Spicer, I was at the first parade. There were a few hundred thousand (at best). I was also at the parade when the Saints won Super Bowl 44. It was night and day and Boston is significantly larger than New Orleans. It was like the varsity and the JV. One was filled with passion, emotion and tears of joy the other was filled with people in shirts that say F&@$ Jeter.

To be fair, half of those "paraders" literally lived on the parade route, or in a street nearby...

To be fair, half of those "paraders" literally lived on the parade route, or in a street nearby...

Not really, the parade rolled less than 4 miles. I don't remember if it rolled on the whole uptown route or not. I was actually down by the convention center for it (I watch Mardi Gras much further uptown). There were estimates that had that parade pushing 1M but probably closer to 800K. The entire New Orleans population in 2010 was under 350K. We do know how to do parades though. It was extremely smooth and the players were HAMMERED.

Not really, the parade rolled less than 4 miles. I don't remember if it rolled on the whole uptown route or not. I was actually down by the convention center for it (I watch Mardi Gras much further uptown). There were estimates that had that parade pushing 1M but probably closer to 800K. The entire New Orleans population in 2010 was under 350K. We do know how to do parades though. It was extremely smooth and the players were HAMMERED.

How about the owner?

Its always great when we are sitting on here whining about how Boston sucks at parades because they have them all the time... F me. Either way, my office is on the parade route and it took me an extra hour to get in today because all the trains were full of yahoos. Now I'm paying $42 to park and it'll take me twice as long to get home. Whatever the turnout is, the streets are definitely not empty.

Its always great when we are sitting on here whining about how Boston sucks at parades because they have them all the time... F me. Either way, my office is on the parade route and it took me an extra hour to get in today because all the trains were full of yahoos. Now I'm paying $42 to park and it'll take me twice as long to get home. Whatever the turnout is, the streets are definitely not empty.

Have some fun and go down and ask general roster questions

How about the owner?

I don't think that he knew where he was. Benson thought that they were at the World's Fair. They used a lot of the signature floats from different Mardi Gras parades. It was pretty wild. I am indifferent when it comes to the Saints but after Katrina and everything it was pretty cool to see.

I used to be really close with Garrett Hartley and he told me that he drank 2 bottles of something (Jack I believe) on the ride. Reggie Bush was smashed, pretty much all of them were. They were falling down on the floats and stuff. That team partied way more than they should have.

well, you've gone from intriguing visitor to obnoxious to full blown troll. Now, you're pushing your status here. I'm sure you'll find more of your kind who share your views on Pats** websites. Pease visit them -or clam down.

Huh? I was stating how the Pats boards are not here? I don't know how I was trolling stating how THEY act if you disagree with them?? 😳😳

I don't think that he knew where he was. Benson thought that they were at the World's Fair. They used a lot of the signature floats from different Mardi Gras parades. It was pretty wild. I am indifferent when it comes to the Saints but after Katrina and everything it was pretty cool to see.

I used to be really close with Garrett Hartley and he told me that he drank 2 bottles of something (Jack I believe) on the ride. Reggie Bush was smashed, pretty much all of them were. They were falling down on the floats and stuff. That team partied way more than they should have.

Nice.

I can only imagine what Buffalo will be like!

Nice.

I can only imagine what Buffalo will be like!

I would imagine that it will be pretty crazy and pretty destructive. We tend to drink a lot and get rowdy.

My sister has lived in Cleveland since going to John Carroll in the mid 90's. She was at the Cavs parade and said that it was absolutely insane!! I would think that we would be like that but on a smaller scale (based on city size). We will be a little more destructive the night of the championship though.