What's the Gillislie scoop ?

Interesting. If the Bills DO place a second round tender on MG, that's nearly $3 million tied up in *another* RB. If they do that, they can't keep Shady, right? That'd simply be ridiculous.

I would go with the lowest (5th round) tender. If someone wants to give up a 5th round pick for him just draft one. It's a great RB draft. Or do what Bandit suggests.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. If the Bills DO place a second round tender on MG, that's nearly $3 million tied up in *another* RB. If they do that, they can't keep Shady, right? That'd simply be ridiculous.

Depending on what they do at QB or CB and what money they have, maybe not so obsurd, especially if they start a rookie or C. Jones at QB, then putting money into the RB position makes sense, even if they still plan on being a run 1st offense. The 2nd round tender keeps other teams away and gives them time to work out a multi-year deal at a lower cap #.

I still say that they should offer Gilly a 2-year, $4M contract that's fully guaranteed.

That would make sense, something similar to Deangelo Williams 2yr/4 million contract with the Steelers, just increase the bonus maybe? That would provide Shady injury insurance and if they cut Shady next year it would open the door for him to be a starter down the road, and to get paid as such down the road...

The thing about Gillislee is that a) he's young and b) he's proven that he can play at a high level in the NFL. He's shockingly good given his draft position and track record before joining the Bills. It's obvious when you watch him play. He's better than a lot of other teams' starting RBs.

The thing about Gillislee is that a) he's young and b) he's proven that he can play at a high level in the NFL. He's shockingly good given his draft position and track record before joining the Bills. It's obvious when you watch him play. He's better than a lot of other teams' starting RBs.

Plus 1. Would McCoy restructure a bit to help keep some FAs such as MG and Woods?

Plus 1. Would McCoy restructure a bit to help keep some FAs such as MG and Woods?

I've wondered that. Why aren't we looking at Eric wood or even McCoy to restructure?!? Eric wood should restructure and ensure 5-6 yrs more years one more big injury and his next contra is done

Gillislie stays no ? We pony up and make him a happy man ?

I think teams like Packers Lions Redskins Colts are desperate at Rb and could show him some offers.

What's the scoop ?

god youre starting threads??? at least you wrote 3 lines, 300% more than usual.