Tyrod hasnt heard from the Bills at all

BeastMode54

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same 20th ranked qb whose the goat and broke the super bowl record for passing yards and was suspended 4 games?

That's interesting. We can replace the hokie presence with the FB, TE, or project qb.

I'm confused, does the ranking you keep parroting matter or not? To be clear, I specifically used that ranking because it was the one you wanted to use.

Jesus... the ax is still being ground, I guess.

Was thinking the same thing.

I believe we could start one thread called "Up or Down" or "Day or Night" and we would have the same 6 people, 3 v 3 arguing about it. :D:beer:

Something like:

Person 1: Day WOULD be good, if only night didn't come - and it does every, single, night. Day sucks, always has always will.

Person 2: Are you crazy, Day is with us for several hours a day, it's great, keeps us warm and lets us see. Yes, night does come around, but that's just part of the universe...

I believe we could start one thread called "Up or Down" or "Day or Night" and we would have the same 6 people, 3 v 3 arguing about it. :D:beer:

Something like:

Person 1: Day WOULD be good, if only night didn't come - and it does every, single, night. Day sucks, always has always will.

Person 2: Are you crazy, Day is with us for several hours a day, it's great, keeps us warm and lets us see. Yes, night does come around, but that's just part of the universe...

dayman___fighter_of_the_nightman___movie

Why are you so hysterical about a guy who can't beat .500 teams ?

Not defend ScottLaw very often but TEAMS win and lose not QBs. well teams and directors of research.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-2017-nfl-offseason-key-dates-and-what-they-mean-for-your-team/

Tyrod will hear from Bills front office unless he and his agent make extra effort by March 11.

Really too bad they could not make date March 15 ("Ides of March").

March 11

Third day of 2017 league year

1. This is the deadline for the Bills to pick up their option on quarterback Tyrod Taylor's contract for an additional five years at $82.5 million (worth up to $101.75 million through salary escalators and incentives) expiring after the 2021 season. Taylor's current $27.5 million 2017 base salary is guaranteed for injury. Taylor receives a $15.5 million bonus and his 2017 base salary reduces to a fully-guaranteed $12 million provided the option is exercised. If the option isn't picked up and Taylor is still a part of Buffalo's roster on the fourth day of the league year (March 12), the $27.5 million becomes fully guaranteed. $3.25 million of Taylor's injury-guaranteed $13 million 2018 base salary is fully guaranteed on the seventh day of the league year (March 16). This only matters if the option is exercised. Taylor's 2017 salary cap number is $15,913,334. The Bills would pick up $9.96 million of cap space by parting ways with Taylor. There would also be a $3.1 million salary cap credit in 2018 from the 2017 proration of the $15.5 million option bonus.

tyrod-taylor-bills.jpg

Taylor's option must be exercised by March 11. USATSI

so he gives the team leads. big leads even and its his fault? haha you are such a troll

"He" didn't give the team big leads. The offense did, along with the defense doing better earlier in the game. And the offense was composed of an excellent run game and a substandard pass game. And when the defense gave the leads up, the offense couldn't get it back.

Leads are calculated by subtracting points scored against you from points scored for you. They're results of the team.

Having said that, yeah, the defense sucked.

So did the passing offense. Maybe they sucked a bit less than the defense but not all that much less. Thank goodness for the run offense.

Again, we scored 29 rushing TDs and 17 passing. In a league where not one single other team scored fewer pass TDs than rush TDs.

Edited by Thurman#1

The coaches certainly attribute much, if not all, of that drop off to the fact that Sammy was gone for half the year and he was throwing to Bob Woods + backup receivers for a good chunk of the year. That kind of production isn't as bad as you make it sound. And the coaches know this.

Only casual fans who don't pay much attention to the details in football would automatically blame that production drop solely on the shoulders of the QB.

I doubt you are a casual fan. So you must have some other reason for closing your eyes to what really happened there.

What I'm closing my eyes to ... is what the folks drinking Tyrod-flavored Kool-Aid see. Figments.

He absolutely regressed.

I pointed out above that the justifications would be coming. And yup, you're the second or third one. How come you guys talking about receiver problems never mention what a tremendous help it is to a quarterback to have the best run game in the league? Teams went out of their way to stop the run, partly because the run game worried them and partly because they didn't worry about our pass offense.

Which is why the phrase, "Make him be a quarterback," should sound familiar.

I watched the All-22 for five of those games in the middle when Sammy was out. He had guys open on almost every single play. Yeah, it would've been better if Sammy and Woods were both healthy, but he had consistent places to go and he missed them on a regular basis. It was severely depressing watching it. I wanted him to make the improvements he needs to make to be a franchise QB. That would've been by far the best outcome for the Bills. Instead, he regressed. It was sad. But it happened.

Edited by Thurman#1

What I'm closing my eyes to ... is what the folks drinking Tyrod-flavored Kool-Aid see. Figments.

He absolutely regressed.

I pointed out above that the justifications would be coming. And yup, you're the second or third one. How come you guys talking about receiver problems never mention what a tremendous help it is to a quarterback to have the best run game in the league? Teams went out of their way to stop the run, partly because the run game worried them and partly because they didn't worry about our pass offense.

Which is why the phrase, "Make him be a quarterback," should sound familiar.

I watched the All-22 for five of those games in the middle when Sammy was out. He had guys open on almost every single play. Yeah, it would've been better if Sammy and Woods were both healthy, but he had consistent places to go and he missed them on a regular basis. It was severely depressing watching it. I wanted him to make the improvements he needs to make to be a franchise QB. That would've been by far the best outcome for the Bills. Instead, he regressed. It was sad. But it happened.

and through those all-22, did little captions come up that said "in this play call, it was designed as a half field read to the left based on pre-snap indicators" and the open WRs you saw were on the right side instead?

The all-22 is great, and I watch them myself (in addition to being at home games and seeing guys wide open as well) - but it does not tell the entire story...

Im not defending TT, at this point I truly dont care who is at QB next year, I just hope this staff and FO makes the RIGHT decision on the position moving forward...ill defer to their judgement because they have all the information and know a hell of a lot more about football than any of us fans

and through those all-22, did little captions come up that said "in this play call, it was designed as a half field read to the left based on pre-snap indicators" and the open WRs you saw were on the right side instead?

The all-22 is great, and I watch them myself (in addition to being at home games and seeing guys wide open as well) - but it does not tell the entire story...

Im not defending TT, at this point I truly dont care who is at QB next year, I just hope this staff and FO makes the RIGHT decision on the position moving forward...ill defer to their judgement because they have all the information and know a hell of a lot more about football than any of us fans

Doesn't matter, if he goes through his progressions instead of panicking and running he would have seen open WR regardless of what play was called. They were open, he failed to get them the ball, period!

Doesn't matter, if he goes through his progressions instead of panicking and running he would have seen open WR regardless of what play was called. They were open, he failed to get them the ball, period!

glad you don't understand, but thanks for responding

the point was, we don't know what the play is designed to do...there are literally plays where the call is something like this..."pre snap read tells you to look left side of the field (the 1 on 1 matchup/no safety help/zone soft spots) and if those options are covered, get what you can"...sometimes they call those plays that would not allow the other side of the field to be looked at because of protection calls, or to limit possibility of turnovers..

I know he misses guys that are wide open, that is fact. What is also fact is that we don't know EVERY INSTANCE of why those guys are being missed. What is also fact is all NFL QBs miss open guys...the NFL is hard, and playing QB is the hardest.

Again though, fine with moving on from TT, also fine with keeping him...whatever the staff thinks will get the job done.

I absolutely agree that it's dangerous to watch the all-22 without an educated eye as to what is supposed to happen. There simply isn't enough time in any NFL system to scan the entire field and the biggest thing that separates Brady from an average QB is the ability to know where to go when the ball is snapped. Defenses aren't dumb, if Tyrod is showing a tendency to always run certain plays to one side there's a reason the WR on the other side of the field is wide open, more often than not the defense knows it's just a decoy route. An uneducated eye isn't going to that level when they just watch an all 22 and see open WRs.

It's also important for a fan to understand what coverages are trying to accomplish. Windows close instantly in the NFL and coverages are designed to make WRs look open in a split second. It's how the Brady pick 6 happened at the end of the half, the Falcons baited Brady into that play the entire time up to that point.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

Something like:

Kinda sad, kinda funny, mostly true.

I absolutely agree that it's dangerous to watch the all-22 without an educated eye as to what is supposed to happen. There simply isn't enough time in any NFL system to scan the entire field and the biggest thing that separates Brady from an average QB is the ability to know where to go when the ball is snapped. Defenses aren't dumb, if Tyrod is showing a tendency to always run certain plays to one side there's a reason the WR on the other side of the field is wide open, more often than not the defense knows it's just a decoy route. An uneducated eye isn't going to that level when they just watch an all 22 and see open WRs.

It's also important for a fan to understand what coverages are trying to accomplish. Windows close instantly in the NFL and coverages are designed to make WRs look open in a split second. It's how the Brady pick 6 happened at the end of the half, the Falcons baited Brady into that play the entire time up to that point.

yo, PREACH!