Does Gilmore want to be here?

tedstrong

It was interesting to note that in all the coverage of the Pro Bowl on the Bills Official site, that Gilmore was not a part of the group. The other 4 guys were always grouped and a unit unto themselves, kind of pal-ling around and generally acting like teammates. I doubt if it was a conscious decision by the powers that be , but rather that Gilmore just didn't want to hang with his teammates. Does this portend his willingness to rejoin the team?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was interesting to note that in all the coverage of the Pro Bowl on the Bills Official site, that Gilmore was not a part of the group. The other 4 guys were always grouped and a unit unto themselves, kind of pal-ling around and generally acting like teammates. I doubt if it was a conscious decision by the powers that be , but rather that Gilmore just didn't want to hang with his teammates. Does this portend his willingness to rejoin the team?

A more valuable observation would be to slaughter a goat, examine its entrails and then report back to us what it portends regarding the future of Mr. Gilmore.

A more valuable observation would be to slaughter a goat, examine its entrails and then report back to us what it portends regarding the future of Mr. Gilmore.

...but that sounds very messy.

I get the question, but it's really all about the money.

Seems like he is aiming for 15 million a year which I don't think he is worth. But as a in his prime and in a high demand position he might command something close to that maybe 12ish per year if not more. I don't think he is worth that at all if it comes down to something closer to 10 million per year then I think you would have to make some sort of offer.

I agree with your assessments, mostly, although I disagree that players don't want to be here. Glamour hounds obviously don't. I think, given Gilmour's unwillingness to wrap up on his tackles, that he is NOT worth the top dollars he is asking for. I just thought the dynamic at the Pro Bowl was interesting and potentially telling. Thanks for putting up with my 'newbie-ish' post.

Edited by tedstrong

I've been around a lot of athletes and think that the "don't want to be here thing is way overblown." It's kind of one of those Buffalo insecurity things. They don't care where they play as long as they are paid. They don't have to live anywhere full-time, they can travel quite a bit and social media has made the world smaller. It may have been a big factor 15 years ago or whenever but it is less so now.

As long as they are being paid, work in an environment where their family and friends are treated well they really don't care. If you want to force a player out, deny his family and friends access. That's one of the main reasons that LeBron went back to Cleveland. If you start pissing off their inner circle the player won't be too happy.

Easy decision. Franchise him and make him work for another contract. He is a top CB. Maybe he isn't top 4 but he is top 10. Bills cant let talent walk out the door. Byrd and Spiller were never that good. Those were good decisions. Levitre yes, but not for the money he signed for.

You signed TT last year so you could limit the number of players worthy of a tag. Now just see your strategy through. Tag him work on an extension. If he doesn't sig force him to play under the tag.

That is actually his excited face. Have you ever see the guy... He either has a disorder or is a monotone guy from facial expressions to his voice.

Is that bad for a CB? Get beat. Come back the next play. They all get beat every year.