New Pro Bowl Format

SWATeam

I think the NFL is starting to get it right on the Pro Bowl. The game is a disaster that I will probably never watch again. Adding the skills stuff is a smart move, something at least relatively interesting. I still probably wont watch it but I bet more people do. I'm sure most of the players appreciate being able to take the families on a little vacation to Disney World as well.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the NFL is starting to get it right on the Pro Bowl. The game is a disaster that I will probably never watch again. Adding the skills stuff is a smart move, something at least relatively interesting. I still probably wont watch it but I bet more people do. I'm sure most of the players appreciate being able to take the families on a little vacation to Disney World as well.

They have a couple of things still that can push it ahead. They should tie large charitable donations into the players that go. That is very important to these guys. That's how you get players involved, but the NFL is so stupid they haven't figured that out yet.

Secondly, the feature event should be an NFL's fastest man competion. It would be like the old days but not necessarily just the Pro Bowlers. It would be like the dunk contest. What if you had 50 guys (or whatever) and do heats to narrow it down. People would love to watch Tyreke Hill, Goodwin, etc... race to determine who is the fastest man in the league.

They have a couple of things still that can push it ahead. They should tie large charitable donations into the players that go. That is very important to these guys. That's how you get players involved, but the NFL is so stupid they haven't figured that out yet.

Secondly, the feature event should be an NFL's fastest man competion. It would be like the old days but not necessarily just the Pro Bowlers. It would be like the dunk contest. What if you had 50 guys (or whatever) and do heats to narrow it down. People would love to watch Tyreke Hill, Goodwin, etc... race to determine who is the fastest man in the league.

That would be tough. It's something I think the guys would want to train for and I could see some injury. Would be fun to watch though

That would be tough. It's something I think the guys would want to train for and I could see some injury. Would be fun to watch though

Maybe so, but kind of like a signature event. They used to do it but it wasn't as organized. It could be the NFL's answer to the dunk contest or the home run derby.

the games a joke. I stopped watching a few years back. It's irrelevant and has no bearing on the League. No one takes it seriously.

The game has always been a joke. You can't play football at half speed, trying to minimize contact, with no preparation or practice. Baseball, basketball, and hockey all star games are a farce but at least a somewhat entertaining farce as the games become a showcase of talent and skill since there is no defense. Those sports also benefit from the fact that the best players actually want to participate.

The NFL needs to scrap the format. The pro bowl should not be a football game.

They used to do this skills thing back in the day.

Who cares.

They should get rid of it altogether. I wont watch one second of it.

No one gives a **** what you will or won't watch. Almost like no one gives a **** about the bull **** that you spew on this forum.

You are basically the cancer on this forum.

Edited by Beef Jerky

They used to do this skills thing back in the day.

No one gives a **** what you will or won't watch. Almost like no one gives a **** about the bull **** that you spew on this forum.

You are basically the cancer on this forum.

Man, we may need to resurrect the thread about the best rivalries on the board!! Howard and Jimmy Spags is still my favorite.

Until he met Sean Taylor

The only play I've ever found interesting in a pro bowl. But not in a good way. It's become an absolute JOKE!

Man, we may need to resurrect the thread about the best rivalries on the board!! Howard and Jimmy Spags is still my favorite.

This would be slightly more entertaining than a Pro Bowl. But then, who would be the loser? It just might be us.

The only play I've ever found interesting in a pro bowl. But not in a good way. It's become an absolute JOKE!

This would be slightly more entertaining than a Pro Bowl. But then, who would be the loser? It just might be us.

Ha ha, there are some people on here that legitimately seem to dislike one another!! It's fascinating!.

Ha ha, there are some people on here that legitimately seem to dislike one another!! It's fascinating!.

Yeah, I have some "favorites", and then there is the other end of the spectrum. But I'll usually just ignore before getting so personal. Life's too short. Some people seem to struggle with that.

I would rather watch Pro Bowlers play a game of flag football where positions are randomly assigned. Kyle Williams plays QB and TAylor lines up at WR, etc. Alternatively, it would be more interesting to watch them play beach volleyball top gun style.

Now that's a highway to the danger zone, son.