the most predictive stat of all time strikes again

It has been discussed a lot before: for decades, traditional passer rating differential has been the greatest predictor of team success and Super Bowl appearances/victories by far relative to other team stats.

The Pats' team passer rating differential: +25.1.

The Falcons' team passer rating differential: +24.3.

No other team was even remotely close to these numbers. KC was third at +13.2 and Dallas was fourth with +8.9.

Edited by dave mcbride

It has been discussed a lot before: for decades, traditional passer rating differential has been the greatest predictor of team success and Super Bowl appearances/victories by far relative to other team stats.

The Pats' team passer rating differential: +25.1.

The Falcons' team passer rating differential: +24.3.

No other team was even remotely close to these numbers. KC was third at +13.2 and Dallas was fourth with +8.9.

so what you're saying is.... teams with great QBs are more successful? that's a pretty spicy take there

so what you're saying is.... teams with great QBs are more successful? that's a pretty spicy take there

No, man. Differential. Read what I wrote.

http://www.si.com/more-sports/2011/06/23/most-importantstatpasserratingdifferential

If you can successfully run and stop the run, and your QB out performs their QB, you win sometimes. I think.

Yeah cause you know ATL and NE lit up the Running Game stats this year.

Eventually people will get to Modern NFL Football and demand it in Buffalo

LeGarrette Blount did lead the entire league in rushing TDs (18) this year, FWIW. Also, the statement you quoted was tongue-in-cheek. Take a breath bud.

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

LeGarrette Blount did lead the entire league in rushing TDs (18) this year, FWIW. Also, the statement you quoted was tongue-in-cheek. Take a breath bud.

I know just saying eventually people in Buffalo will want Modern NFL Football in their town.

Blount and for that Matter ATL RBs were just a flat out Joke Sunday. And at no point were either of those games in doubt.

I know just saying eventually people in Buffalo will want Modern NFL Football in their town.

Blount and for that Matter ATL RBs were just a flat out Joke Sunday. And at no point were either of those games in doubt.

I won't.

I like "run and stop the run". I appreciate that my team makes it more difficult on themselves to succeed because it makes the success that much sweeter.

I won't.

I like "run and stop the run". I appreciate that my team makes it more difficult on themselves to succeed because it makes the success that much sweeter.

Agreed, it's actually better for a team to have bad players and coaching, it helps them prepare for the really hard games. in fact, i'd rather they only won a single game each year or decade, but they win it against all odds so we can all bask in the glory

I won't.

I think this actually hamstrung us even more. Rex emphasizes both of these things.

Stopping the pass is the most important attribute for a team that doesn't have a top 5 QB... because you're at least making it difficult for a top 5 QB.

Even if we add a new QB who can help us pass more effectively (say in the draft)- we won't have a top 10 QB for the foreseeable future. That's why you have running teams... because you don't have the QB to run a Brady/Ryan/Rodgers type of offense. Dallas had a rookie QB and ended up the #1 seed because they built their team to be a running team.

But If you're going to be a running team - you had better make it hard for a guy like Brady or Ryan to carve you up.

Edited by dneveu

Atlanta was 5th in rushing yards per games, and 3rd in rushing TD's. So yes, actually they did.

Edit: NE was 7th in yards and 5th in rushing TD's

Edited by Mango

That's all well and good - But we don't have a top 5 QB. So you still want to throw 40 times a game?

#alternatefacts

:lol::lol:

That's all well and good - But we don't have a top 5 QB. So you still want to throw 40 times a game?

:lol::lol:

Yeah I do. I want a Modern NFL Offense. If it exposes the QB (instead of hides him) fine maybe people will understand they need to get better at the position.

If it exposes the RT instead of Hides him Fine, know the position that needs to upgrade.

So it's NOT "run and stop the run?"

My world is turned upside down.

I was thinking of this sort of thing yesterday watching both conference championship games.

I had to laugh in the wake of the Rex Ryan era as the Falcons, Packers, and Patriots came out and just threw, threw, threw, threw and then threw some more.

And moved the ball seemingly at will.

Pittsburgh has one of the best runners in the league. He cut up the Bills defense like a freshly sharpened Ginsu!

Pittsburgh still lost.

A quarterback! A quarterback! My kingdom for a quarterback!

Atlanta was 5th in rushing yards per games, and 3rd in rushing TD's. So yes, actually they did.

Edit: NE was 7th in yards and 5th in rushing TD's

Paging Majbobby to respond.

Atlanta has a pair of really good running backs in Coleman and Freeman.

NE has a big bruiser in Blount (led league in TDs) and 2 very capable pass catching backs in Lewis and White.

Seriously your takes are showing how little football you watch around the league.