the most predictive stat of all time strikes again

It has been discussed a lot before: for decades, traditional passer rating differential has been the greatest predictor of team success and Super Bowl appearances/victories by far relative to other team stats.

The Pats' team passer rating differential: +25.1.

The Falcons' team passer rating differential: +24.3.

No other team was even remotely close to these numbers. KC was third at +13.2 and Dallas was fourth with +8.9.

They have similar ratings which, I hope, indicates a close game.

Paging Majbobby to respond.

Atlanta has a pair of really good running backs in Coleman and Freeman.

NE has a big bruiser in Blount (led league in TDs) and 2 very capable pass catching backs in Lewis and White.

Seriously your takes are showing how little football you watch around the league.

Wait, am I processing this right?

I am saying Atlanta and NE run the ball well, look at all the points they score and yards they have on the ground.

You are telling me I don't have football knowledge, and the argument against me is that Coleman and Freeman are good, and that the stable in NE brings a lot of production and diversity to the running game?

Wait, am I processing this right?

I am saying Atlanta and NE run the ball well, look at all the points they score and yards they have on the ground.

You are telling me I don't have football knowledge, and the argument against me is that Coleman and Freeman are good, and that the stable in NE brings a lot of production and diversity to the running game?

No I 100% agree with you. I'm disagreeing with his assertion that neither of those teams have a strong running game.

Atlanta was 5th in rushing yards per games, and 3rd in rushing TD's. So yes, actually they did.

Edit: NE was 7th in yards and 5th in rushing TD's

Yup. They were also 3rd and 4th, respectively, in passing yards per game. They had terrific offenses, we had a terrific run game.