The Trump Economy

GG

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Probably shouldn’t capitalize the last “g” if you’re going to through stones.  

And you want to be my financial adviser. 

Through stones?  Please tell me that was done on purpose.  I capitalized Grammarian because I was giving you some respect for you new found profession.  

36 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Thanks Trump

image.thumb.jpeg.a16eb9527780847cbf7ff6d5e5f905ee.jpeg

Looks like relying on magic and Lysol couldn't beat the virus.  Good thing we've moved on to Anti-Fa and communist arsonists to try to distract the idiots who might be willing to vote for Trump from the sad reality that is the working class economy.  

4 minutes ago, GG said:

Funny how the images show NYC food businesses that are closing for good, but It's Trump who's to blame.  I wonder if there are 2 bigger idiots who are legally in charge of the city?

And the reasons these businesses are closed permanently and who made the decisions to close them and keep them closed. 

No matter how the election goes, the next administration is going to have to deal with the comedown from the incredible monetary and fiscal sugar high.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fed-signals-interest-rates-to-stay-near-zero-through-2023-11600279214 ($)

In addition to the interest rate cuts (not to mention the fiscal stimulus), the Fed has engaged in a private bond-buying spree that has forestalled a collapse in the junk bond market. To paraphrase Nixon's top economist, Herbert Stein: the thing about things that can't go on like this forever is they don't.  And won't. It makes no sense now to talk about "the economy" and how it's doing because the risk-reward calculus has been fundamentally upended.

The Fed cut rates to near zero in March and has purchased trillions of dollars of securities after the coronavirus pandemic threatened to touch off a financial panic after investors and businesses sought to raise cash. It also backstopped an array of lending markets.

But with short- and long-term interest rates at historically low levels, the Fed could have fewer tools to spur a recovery than it did after the 2008 financial crisis. At Wednesday’s news conference, Mr. Powell used the word “powerful” 10 times to describe the Fed’s new guidance.

A big question heading into this week’s meeting was whether the Fed would detail the specific conditions that might prompt an end to near-zero interest rates. Such so-called forward guidance is one way officials believe they can provide more stimulus.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, GG said:

Funny how the images show NYC food businesses that are closing for good, but It's Trump who's to blame.  I wonder if there are 2 bigger idiots who are legally in charge of the city?

And why are we dealing with this bullschitt? Cuz of red states.

thanks Trumpholes 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And why are we dealing with this bullschitt? Cuz of red states.

thanks Trumpholes 

So red states are the reason businesses in NYC are closed?  😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I’d ask you to explain that but you’ll just call me a poopy head. 🙄

10 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So red states are the reason businesses in NYC are closed?  😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I’d ask you to explain that but you’ll just call me a poopy head. 🙄

You’re an idiot - why are we dealing with COVID in general? Cuz red states can’t clean up their act.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You’re an idiot - why are we dealing with COVID in general? Cuz red states can’t clean up their act.

Why are businesses in NYC and CA closed for good?  Why is this the fault of red states?

Do you believe in States Rights?  

6 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Probably shouldn’t capitalize the last “g” if you’re going to through stones.  

And you want to be my financial adviser. 

Attorneys are supposed to be precise. No wonder all you get is that folding chair that is normally stuck away in the closet. 

38 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why are businesses in NYC and CA closed for good?  Why is this the fault of red states?

Do you believe in States Rights?  

Last I checked TX was doing ok and far better than CA.  

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

No. It’s because of Obama and the Dem controlled Congress. They are 100% behind the COVID pandemic.