Wanna dump Tyrod, then who's the new QB

Okay, I see it. I think we top out at wild card material with Taylor.

I'd take that 1/2 a New York heartbeat.

This TBD snobbery that we only want a QB that can win a SB is silly IMHO.

How many TBD experts would think Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson or Kurt Warner would win a SB before thier first playoff appearance?

Get to playoffs, build from there.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot less without garbagetime.

Hmmmm...except there this thing called facts and you are factually wrong about "garbage time" even though you keep trying to sell this garbage time false theory that you very clearly did not even bother to see if it existed.

Tyrod Taylor, 15 games played, 7 wins, 8 losses.

Worthless "Garbage Time" by Definition - Production and points compiled at the end of games that were blow out losses where the scoring and/or production was irrelevant and the D was playing soft as a result.

8 Losses

- SIX of them were by 6 points or LESS. Hmmmmm...hard to have a bunch of "garbage time" in close games that were late in the game.

- In the 2 losses by more than one score: We only had ONE score combined over BOTH games in the 4th quarter. Weird, according to you we should have tons of meaningless scoring in the 4th.

Once again, another biased and false statement constantly being floated around here that somehow we only scored a lot because of some mythological garbage time production. And more importantly, ALL TEAMS in the NFL score late in games where it doesn't really matter to the outcome. We actually did it very little and YET we were still FIFTH in the NFL in scoring under Taylor.

But please, keep telling us all about how its the offense and Taylor and keep using things that are just factually not accurate to sell the story. Its always fun blowing up this nonsense.

No offense, but let me tell you who dumb it is to sit here and lay the lack of playoffs somehow solely on Tyrod and why your post is very wrong. Over the last 3 years, Drew Brees has averaged the following:

5,010 Passing Yards (insane)

34 Touchdowns

69.16 Comp %

Guess how many times Drew Brees has "LEAD" the Saints to the playoffs...ZERO...let me say again...ZERO and only once in the past 5 seasons. By your post here, that would mean Brees must be the problem, because despite being one of the highest scoring teams in the NFL, the Saints STILL missed the playoffs. I mean the Bills were 5th in scoring under Tyrod, but you say its him and the offense as the reason for missing the playoffs.

Guess what Brees WIN % is over that span... .438 with no winning seasons. But how can that be...he should have carried them into the playoffs...of wait, maybe its because its so much more than just QB passing totals that get teams to the playoffs.

More fun facts:

- Tyrod led Bills offense was 5th in the NFL in scoring and 3rd in Touchdowns scored only 2 behind those same Saints.

- Tyrod has a win % leading this Bills team of .520

- Bills scored 25 or more points in 10 of Taylors 15 starts

- The Bills lost 8 games with TT under center, SIX of them were by 6 points or less. 1 of the other 2 we had a 24-9 3rd quarter lead before the D gave up 4 straight TD drives.

- Bills Defense was almost as bad as the Saints...the 16 game ranks are skewed by the anomaly of the Patriots shut out missing Brady (who dropped 41 on us) and Gronk who barely played.

- Bills were 26th in the NFL in points allowed in the other 15 games and 22nd in yards allowed.

In other words, Taylor led this offense to more than enough scoring to lead this team into the postseason. He has a better record than Brees the last 2 years despite Brees being one of the greatest ever to play and having a better WR group overall.

But please, keep telling us all how the offense was why we didn't make the playoffs and putting all the blame on Taylor...who by the way, led us to all those points while our best players on the O around him either missed large parts of time and/or played hurt which includes Sammy, Woods, Glenn, McCoy, Wood, etc.

You will be here all day trying to talk common sense and stats to the Tyrod haters. It would just be easier if they would come out and just say that they just hate him for reasons they don't want to admit publicly. And no I am not suggesting race. They just hate the guy. Because anyone who watches the games and then looks at the stats would come to the same conclusion you have (or close to it anyway).

Great post by the way. :thumbsup: You explain things very convincingly.

Oh..and....You can't fix stupid.

Edited by PolishDave

Hmmmm...except there this thing called facts and you are factually wrong about "garbage time" even though you keep trying to sell this garbage time false theory that you very clearly did not even bother to see if it existed.

Tyrod Taylor, 15 games played, 7 wins, 8 losses.

Worthless "Garbage Time" by Definition - Production and points compiled at the end of games that were blow out losses where the scoring and/or production was irrelevant and the D was playing soft as a result.

8 Losses

- SIX of them were by 6 points or LESS. Hmmmmm...hard to have a bunch of "garbage time" in close games that were late in the game.

- In the 2 losses by more than one score: We only had ONE score combined over BOTH games in the 4th quarter. Weird, according to you we should have tons of meaningless scoring in the 4th.

Once again, another biased and false statement constantly being floated around here that somehow we only scored a lot because of some mythological garbage time production. And more importantly, ALL TEAMS in the NFL score late in games where it doesn't really matter to the outcome. We actually did it very little and YET we were still FIFTH in the NFL in scoring under Taylor.

But please, keep telling us all about how its the offense and Taylor and keep using things that are just factually not accurate to sell the story. Its always fun blowing up this nonsense.

Pitt = garbage time Score zero if weren't getting blown out (The full Taylor pupu platter game)

Pats = garbage time Mark it a ten dude

1st mia game. Yep that's 8 garbagetime points. Rack em

Oakland game. No garbagetime points vs terrible defense. How is that even possible

New qb asap. Dudes straight up meh.

Pitt = garbage time Score zero if weren't getting blown out (The full Taylor pupu platter game)

Pats = garbage time Mark it a ten dude

1st mia game. Yep that's 8 garbagetime points. Rack em

Oakland game. No garbagetime points vs terrible defense. How is that even possible

New qb asap. Dudes straight up meh.

First of all, we scored SEVEN points in the 4th against NE in that blowout, not 10. Do your homework rather than just paste false info. So using your corrected info above, that means on a season where we scored 396 points in 15 games with Taylor, your TOTAL garbage time points you are whining about is a total of 15 points? HAHAHAHHAHAHA wow that is hilarious.

Best part is this: If you remove the "garbage time" points all together from our total, we still be NINTH in the NFL in points per game. But please, keep telling me how the offense is the problem and that this mythological garbage time somehow skewed our scoring. And ALL TEAMS IN THE NFL get points in what YOU would define as garbage time, so if you backed out ALL of the OTHER teams "garbage time" points, we would jump right back up to 5th in scoring or better.

I can't wait for your next attempt to create this false story...I anxiously await the next attempt at this nonsense.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Wow, this attempt was even worse than I expected...and I assure you my expectations of the quality of your next attempt were very low.

So in conclusion......We still have the 30th best passing offense and we pick 10th in the draft.

Next year it'll be 8th without the browns,9ers,Rams on the schedule.

Go TT go ! Maybe a top 5 pick can be obtained if shady doesn't carry him on his back again.

How many TBD experts would think Trent Dilfer or Brad Johnson or Kurt Warner would win a SB before thier first playoff appearance?

And that "Winning" rubs off on the team. When teams win, they suddenly are marked as cohesive, mental-toughness etc. The line between good and bad teams is pretty thin.

And that "Winning" rubs off on the team. When teams win, they suddenly are marked as cohesive, mental-toughness etc. The line between good and bad teams is pretty thin.

I like drafting the best players, but I love it when they come from winning programs. Guys who lost 4 games in 4 years of college don't like losing 4 games in the first 8 in the pros.

maxresdefault.jpg

No offense, but let me tell you who dumb it is to sit here and lay the lack of playoffs somehow solely on Tyrod and why your post is very wrong. Over the last 3 years, Drew Brees has averaged the following:

5,010 Passing Yards (insane)

34 Touchdowns

69.16 Comp %

Guess how many times Drew Brees has "LEAD" the Saints to the playoffs...ZERO...let me say again...ZERO and only once in the past 5 seasons. By your post here, that would mean Brees must be the problem, because despite being one of the highest scoring teams in the NFL, the Saints STILL missed the playoffs. I mean the Bills were 5th in scoring under Tyrod, but you say its him and the offense as the reason for missing the playoffs.

Guess what Brees WIN % is over that span... .438 with no winning seasons. But how can that be...he should have carried them into the playoffs...of wait, maybe its because its so much more than just QB passing totals that get teams to the playoffs.

More fun facts:

- Tyrod led Bills offense was 5th in the NFL in scoring and 3rd in Touchdowns scored only 2 behind those same Saints.

- Tyrod has a win % leading this Bills team of .520

- Bills scored 25 or more points in 10 of Taylors 15 starts

- The Bills lost 8 games with TT under center, SIX of them were by 6 points or less. 1 of the other 2 we had a 24-9 3rd quarter lead before the D gave up 4 straight TD drives.

- Bills Defense was almost as bad as the Saints...the 16 game ranks are skewed by the anomaly of the Patriots shut out missing Brady (who dropped 41 on us) and Gronk who barely played.

- Bills were 26th in the NFL in points allowed in the other 15 games and 22nd in yards allowed.

In other words, Taylor led this offense to more than enough scoring to lead this team into the postseason. He has a better record than Brees the last 2 years despite Brees being one of the greatest ever to play and having a better WR group overall.

But please, keep telling us all how the offense was why we didn't make the playoffs and putting all the blame on Taylor...who by the way, led us to all those points while our best players on the O around him either missed large parts of time and/or played hurt which includes Sammy, Woods, Glenn, McCoy, Wood, etc.

My nikka...

Edited by moshermw

I addressed this in a later post. I understand your sensibility. It's fine. I just don't happen to share it, silly or not.

First of all, we scored SEVEN points in the 4th against NE in that blowout, not 10. Do your homework rather than just paste false info. So using your corrected info above, that means on a season where we scored 396 points in 15 games with Taylor, your TOTAL garbage time points you are whining about is a total of 15 points? HAHAHAHHAHAHA wow that is hilarious.

Best part is this: If you remove the "garbage time" points all together from our total, we still be NINTH in the NFL in points per game. But please, keep telling me how the offense is the problem and that this mythological garbage time somehow skewed our scoring. And ALL TEAMS IN THE NFL get points in what YOU would define as garbage time, so if you backed out ALL of the OTHER teams "garbage time" points, we would jump right back up to 5th in scoring or better.

I can't wait for your next attempt to create this false story...I anxiously await the next attempt at this nonsense.

Points per game is a team stat. The defense and the STs have a huge influence on scoring. They can do it, for one thing. And they can make it very easy or hard on the offense with field position for another.

And nobody's telling you that the offense is the problem. Seriously, nobody. This is what Tyrod's lapdogs keep repeating, a sound they hear in their heads when it really doesn't exist in the outside world beyond a few complete trolls or nutbags. What they're telling you is that the defense and the offense are both problems. And the STs too, really. But that the offense's problems aren't really to be found in the run game.

Want a stat that isolates the offense? Yards. Does a much better job, which is probably why teams are ranked that way. Our offense ranks 16th. And mostly they're that high because of the run game.

Points per game is a team stat. The defense and the STs have a huge influence on scoring. They can do it, for one thing. And they can make it very easy or hard on the offense with field position for another.

And nobody's telling you that the offense is the problem. Seriously, nobody. This is what Tyrod's lapdogs keep repeating, a sound they hear in their heads when it really doesn't exist in the outside world beyond a few complete trolls or nutbags. What they're telling you is that the defense and the offense are both problems. And the STs too, really. But that the offense's problems aren't really to be found in the run game.

Want a stat that isolates the offense? Yards. Does a much better job, which is probably why teams are ranked that way. Our offense ranks 16th. And mostly they're that high because of the run game.

Scoring is a team stat but you are 24th in takeaways, 18th in yards per drive defensively and have a bad kicking game. YOUR defense isn't helping your scoring in that case. As an example Arizona is 4th in takeaways and allows the fewest yards per possession. Their defense may be impacting their scoring. That isn't the case with the Bills. You aren't getting short fields compared to other teams. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Yeah I know what they're saying is the whole team is the problem offense,defense and special teams. Blow it up is the mantra. And, that is an over simplification of how teams need to be built. Quite frankly alot of people think this team would improve just by competent coaching. And, with some tweaking there is ample evidence they could have been a playoff team this year. But, yeah blow it all up.

Nonsense. Yards really. DVOA has them 10th the last 2 years. Read up on it much better way to rate offenses.

Edited by horned dogs

Scoring is a team stat but you are 24th in takeaways, 18th in yards per drive defensively and have a bad kicking game. YOUR defense isn't helping your scoring in that case. As an example Arizona is 4th in takeaways and allows the fewest yards per possession. Their defense may be impacting their scoring. That isn't the case with the Bills. You aren't getting short fields compared to other teams.

This is good use of statistics. Thanks Kirby.

That's fair.

always please me to read these posts, when we fans can accept differences of opinion !

:thumbsup::beer: