Women's March On Washington

Yeah, got it. I've been on this forum enough to know your copy paste keys are as washed out as your brain.

:lol:

And I have been here long enough to know that, when a poster is shown an article that proves his statement wrong,

he can act like a man.............or a five year old.

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe to you...

what's your take on the county health department? Any time I get VD from one of the skanks I banged I go get treated and its free.

superior care, for the price you pay. :thumbsup:

:lol:

And I have been here long enough to know that, when a poster is shown an article that proves his statement wrong,

he can act like a man.............or a five year old.

Even five year olds know not to get their news from hotair.com.

superior care, for the price you pay. :thumbsup:

Even five year olds know not to get their news from hotair.com.

so you're cool with me being irresponsible and contracting who knows how many diseases so far and not having to face any consequences?

I mean, it was definitely cool when the one nurse (a woman) complimented me on my unit and grooming. But she quit a few months later and wouldn't give me her number.

so you're cool with me being irresponsible and contracting who knows how many diseases so far and not having to face any consequences?

That would be a strawman and contrary to much of what I've been saying in this thread about taking the first steps toward fostering a culture of accountability.

But I also don't think that you should be left to watch such an impressive unit rot, wither away and fall off because you couldn't access/afford the care needed to keep it dangling and wrangling.

That would be a strawman and contrary to much of what I've been saying in this thread about taking the first steps toward fostering a culture of accountability.

But I also don't think that you should be left to watch such an impressive unit rot, wither away and fall off because you couldn't access/afford the care needed to keep it dangling and wrangling.

I don't tbubk you know what strawman is. This is clear now that I made a case of your nurturing vs responsibility.

Next, please clarify for me, what two things do you think are wholly unrelated? Family planning and the penal system?

Correct.

I think we have two main factors leading to our current prison situation:

1) The war on drugs. It's a failure, an unmitigated failure of catastrophic proportions. It's also applied unevenly and unjustly.

2) An entrenched prison industrial lobby that doesn't want to see 1) changed.

To me, "family planning" and abortions have little to nothing do do with the prison situation.

They're two different problems.

Correct.

I think we have two main factors leading to our current prison situation:

1) The war on drugs. It's a failure, an unmitigated failure of catastrophic proportions. It's also applied unevenly and unjustly.

2) An entrenched prison industrial lobby that doesn't want to see 1) changed.

To me, "family planning" and abortions have little to nothing do do with the prison situation.

They're two different problems.

Okay. I fundamentally disagree with you then. The "drug problem" is massively reduced in scope when there is care and stability beginning with the family. And I believe the same is WAY more true for major offenses. So, to me there is a direct line (a home to prison pipeline, if you will) connecting broken homes and the deeds which lead to incarceration.

I don't tbubk you know what strawman is. This is clear now that I made a case of your nurturing vs responsibility.

You mean your attempted deflection to a point I wasn't defending?

In this case: that there should be no consequences for reckless behavior.

If you define strawman in some other way, I'm all ears.

I mean, it was definitely cool when the one nurse (a woman) complimented me on my unit and grooming. But she quit a few months later and wouldn't give me her number.

Winning!

Are you really for real? ;-) ;-) You are gonna be a beaut in 10 short years. Enjoy it while you can!

You're such a winner! Don Corleone Trump was so right with his brilliant quote:

"Show me a man with no ego and I will show you a looooooser, loser, loser, loser!"

:-P

Okay. I fundamentally disagree with you then. The "drug problem" is massively reduced in scope when there is care and stability beginning with the family. And I believe the same is WAY more true for major offenses. So, to me there is a direct line (a home to prison pipeline, if you will) connecting broken homes and the deeds which lead to incarceration.

Then wouldn't forced sterilization be better than abortion in those communities?

Then wouldn't forced sterilization be better than abortion in those communities?

Well, as I've said throughout this thread, nothing beats instilling a culture the emphasizes the importance of family.

I get the sense, though, that others championing this concept are a little naive to what a Herculean task that would be. By all means we should be trying. But that's a generational change that, on top of everything else, would be met with resistance, from individuals as well as leaders, insane though that is.

As for the solution your positing above, no. I'd much more in favor of means testing, knowing that:

1. First we'd have to remove financial incentives for having offspring so that
  2. Attempts, but failures to meet means testing would qualify candidates for assistance given their apparent desire to be a parent
  3. But that would cost money to set up parameters to accommodate them, but
  4. Not as much money as it will cost to accommodate the outcomes of those who cannot pass means testing and have no desire to

Means testing is a great idea, provided you're willing to have the conversation about what happens when those tests are failed. I'm perfectly willing to go down that road.

Well, as I've said throughout this thread, nothing beats instilling a culture the emphasizes the importance of family.

I get the sense, though, that others championing this concept are a little naive to what a Herculean task that would be. By all means we should be trying. But that's a generational change that, on top of everything else, would be met with resistance, from individuals as well as leaders, insane though that is.

As for the solution your positing above, no. I'd much more in favor of means testing, knowing that:

1. First we'd have to remove financial incentives for having offspring so that
  2. Attempts, but failures to meet means testing would qualify candidates for assistance given their apparent desire to be a parent
  3. But that would cost money to set up parameters to accommodate them, but
  4. Not as much money as it will cost to accommodate the outcomes of those who cannot pass means testing and have no desire to

Means testing is a great idea, provided you're willing to have the conversation about what happens when those tests are failed. I'm perfectly willing to go down that road.

No, voluntary sterilization is a better option.

Here is my proposed solution:

People make mistakes, so you get a one child forgiveness. You may receive government assistance if you have a single child you are supporting, however if you have any more children while on assistance, you are given a choice; you lose your assistance, or you can keep it for the benefit of your multiple children if you submit to sterilization.

No, voluntary sterilization is a better option.

Here is my proposed solution:

People make mistakes, so you get a one child forgiveness. You may receive government assistance if you have a single child you are supporting, however if you have any more children while on assistance, you are given a choice; you lose your assistance, or you can keep it for the benefit of your multiple children if you submit to sterilization.

I mean we can live in a fantasy land where we entertain the possibility of any kind of sterilization is ever the law of the land...but...it's utter nonsense.

Just so I can get my bearings. Do you have any meaningful experience dealing with disenfranchised populations? It's okay if you don't.

Edited by The Big Cat

however if you have any more children while on assistance, you are given a choice; you lose your assistance, or you can keep it for the benefit of your multiple children if you submit to sterilization.

Frankly, all you'd have to do is tell them you only get funding for one child. Period. For every child after the first, we reduce the amount you receive by 25%.

Faster, and less controversial.

I mean we can live in a fantasy land where we entertain the possibility of any kind of sterilization is ever the law of the land...but...it's utter nonsense.

Just so I can get my bearings. Do you have any meaningful experience dealing with disenfranchised populations? It's okay if you don't.

Are you asking about the poor or about people being denied rights?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

So no.

How about experience in areas of high crime/unemployment/poverty?

How about experience in areas that are predominately black?

I grew up North Las Vegas, in a very poor predominately black neighborhood.

What are you getting at?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker