McDermott in regards to Tyrod

I can't even believe they are considering it. I'm still a Whaley fan even though he's obviously made mistakes, but he loses my support if he blows this offense up. Unless he pulls off something unforeseen that nets us a solid starter. That's highly unlikely.

Not staying the same on O, the coaches are gone. Tyrod soon to follow.

Edited by old school

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this question has been asked a thousand times but it hasn't been answered that same number: Who can you get to run that same 7th ranked scoring without Sammy Watkins offense?

I don't know that they will be running the same offense. If they choose to move on from Tyrod, they'll be running something else. It cannot be answered because we don't know what their plans are. Pure speculation. Even if TT returns, it's unlikely they will repeat those offensive numbers. How many times in team history has the Bills offense done it? There will likely be some regression anyway.

I don't know that they will be running the same offense. If they choose to move on from Tyrod, they'll be running something else. It cannot be answered because we don't know what their plans are. Pure speculation. Even if TT returns, it's unlikely they will repeat those offensive numbers. How many times in team history has the Bills offense done it? There will likely be some regression anyway.

The offense has been at about the same effectiveness the last two years.......there is more reason to assume it would improve than decline.

Likely gone. Not necessarily. They could hire Kromer as OC and keep Palmer and Lal and run pretty much the same offense.

Why do you keep living this pipe dream? Both OC and the HC are gone from last year, who, other than the CoT would remotely think the new coach is going to run the exact same offense? CoT is unbelievable.

The offense has been at about the same effectiveness the last two years.......there is more reason to assume it would improve than decline.

You put Glenn at RT and keep Kujo at LT, the line coud improve substantially. Miller in year three should be better. Watkins healthy makes the WR corps automatically better regardless of the 2-3-4. Shady and Gilislee will return. Draft a good playmaker and it could be very good.

Why do you keep living this pipe dream? Both OC and the HC are gone from last year, who, other than the CoT would remotely think the new coach is going to run the exact same offense? CoT is unbelievable.

Because it worked quite well despite a rash of injuries, and every new coach is going to be looking to score?

So you would expect statistical improvement from one of the highest point totals in team history? more reason to assume it would improve? If the team has been around since 1960 and last year was the best since the 90's Bills , just what would make statistical improvement more likely than a drop off, even slightly? Makes no sense at all .

Edited by Boatdrinks

So you would expect statistical improvement from one of the highest point totals in team history? more reason to assume it would improve? If the team has been around since 1960 and last year was the best since the 90's Bills , just what would make statistical improvement more likely than a drop off, even slightly? Makes no sense at all .

You're looking purely at stats and theory and not the players.

That's ridiculous. We win 10-11 games this year with any decent defense and TT playing exactly as he did.

I agree with you. Here is an interesting thought. If the Defense got more 3 and outs, it would've given the offense more drives, thus more drives for the offense and more points scored. What an amazing concept. The Bills averaged 2.14 points scored per drive. That put them 9th in the NFL, but they only ranked 24th in the NFL with 177 offensive drives. 6 teams made the playoffs with a lower points scored per drive.

You put Glenn at RT and keep Kujo at LT, the line coud improve substantially. Miller in year three should be better. Watkins healthy makes the WR corps automatically better regardless of the 2-3-4. Shady and Gilislee will return. Draft a good playmaker and it could be very good.

Why won't this die? Move Glenn to RT and he's outta here. I know all the arguments about how the RT is increasingly perceived as more important than ever and RTs are getting bigger bucks. But Glenn's one of the top LTs in the league and he will see the move to RT as a demotion. Expect him to demand a trade or to pout and behave similar to how Mario did.

Makes no sense? :doh::lol:

How do you come to this conclusion that they will automatically get worse?

Plenty of good offenses and defenses maintain high rankings year in and year out.

That's kinda' the point.......build an identity so you can sustain success.

Like I said if you don't see how this offense could improve from around 10th the past two years.........not FIRST but TENTH...... given all of the injuries they've had........you've got battered Bills-fan syndrome.

TL;DR You change schemes, coaches and key players drastically when units SUCK, not when they have numerous tangible positives.

Taylor's contract is such that it's not a zero-sum game. We can take his option, AND keep looking for a better QB in the draft.

I do not want to see Romo or Cutler here. Romo is a fine QB but his back injury history is scary. Cutler is just scary.

Why won't this die? Move Glenn to RT and he's outta here. I know all the arguments about how the RT is increasingly perceived as more important than ever and RTs are getting bigger bucks. But Glenn's one of the top LTs in the league and he will see the move to RT as a demotion. Expect him to demand a trade or to pout and behave similar to how Mario did.

He already got paid as a LT though. Why would it matter ?