JW AP Article: Terry Pegula on Why He Likes McDermott

He seemingly Quit wrestling per my sources.
is this the kind of Coach Buffalo needs right now?
What is Whaley doing here? hiring a quitter? Has he gone rogue yet again to save himself and Monos

And this is what Kim said :

“We didn’t look at all the things that some might associate with that job whether he was likable or his salary or his experience,” said Kim Pegula. “We just wanted somebody that we felt would not be a head coach in the short term, but we felt had a chance to be a long term head coach. As we looked at our requirements and checking off the boxes, we just said, ‘Ok, check, check, check here.’ We just felt he was the best head coach that fit this team right now and all the other stuff was just icing on the cake.”

all the Other stuff.

well we know she likes cake, what kind though ?

Edited by 3rdand12

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He seemingly Quit wrestling per my sources.

is this the kind of Coach Buffalo needs right now?

What is Whaley doing here? hiring a quitter? Has he gone rogue yet again to save himself and Monos

all the Other stuff.

well we know she likes cake, what kind though ?

Actually that's what she said after she hired Rex.

And then there was this from Whaley just 2 years ago:

“The way we looked at it with where our team is we’re scratching at the door and knocking at the door and we want to kick that door down,” said Whaley. “So we didn’t want a guy who was learning on the job. We wanted a guy who has been there and done that before and not have those missteps of a first-time head coach. "

This just in...this franchise has no real direction. They run things by the seat of their pants. The best we can hope for is they stumble upon a good thing by dumb luck. That's what's it's come to at One Bills Drive.

All that said, I honestly hope this guy coaches here for the next 10 years or more. We shall see.

Says to me Whaley is a big reason why he's the new HC from a football perspective.

Of course. With Rexy they executed the Pegula Plan; retread coach who possibly could be successful. He did the same with hiring Ted Nolan on the Sabres. Now its the Pittsburgh Plan Whaley is executing; hire a young guy because, hell it worked in Pittsburgh with Tomlin, so it has to work here in Buffalo. This hire actually sets the organization back a couple of years. Might make the playoffs in 2-3 years or Pegula will be paying Rexy, McDermitt and the new coach in 2019.

Actually that's what she said after she hired Rex.

And then there was this from Whaley just 2 years ago:

“The way we looked at it with where our team is we’re scratching at the door and knocking at the door and we want to kick that door down,” said Whaley. “So we didn’t want a guy who was learning on the job. We wanted a guy who has been there and done that before and not have those missteps of a first-time head coach. "

I do not think anyone had not expected a learning curve for he Pegulas.

Much like life, you probably should learn quickly.

having no loss of hope for our beloved new Owners btw.

This just in...this franchise has no real direction. They run things by the seat of their pants. The best we can hope for is they stumble upon a good thing by dumb luck. That's what's it's come to at One Bills Drive.

All that said, I honestly hope this guy coaches here for the next 10 years or more. We shall see.

Love these stream of consciousness posts that make declarations with no evidence. I'm sure you'd have them winning multiple championships under your wise leadership.

And this is what Kim said :

“We didn’t look at all the things that some might associate with that job whether he was likable or his salary or his experience,” said Kim Pegula. “We just wanted somebody that we felt would not be a head coach in the short term, but we felt had a chance to be a long term head coach. As we looked at our requirements and checking off the boxes, we just said, ‘Ok, check, check, check here.’ We just felt he was the best head coach that fit this team right now and all the other stuff was just icing on the cake.”

:thumbsup:

who was a wrestler

"And whatcha gonna do brutha?!"

+1

Hey, the guy was a wrestler and from PA...sold!

How about having a vision of what the team should be, such as getting an elite QB to compete against Brady and base your coaching search off that vision/goal.

Edited by Jerry Jabber

Love these stream of consciousness posts that make declarations with no evidence. I'm sure you'd have them winning multiple championships under your wise leadership.

Are you suggesting the organization does have a plan and direction, evidence boy?

Why don't you outline it in a few words for us.

"And whatcha gonna do brutha?!"

Whether you like it, or you don't like it, you better learn to love it, cause it's the best thing going today, WOOOOOOOOO

Ric Flair could totally run the analytics department.

Exactly.