A Week From Tomorrow

Chef Jim

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... sooo. we know where he is staying....we know his name... soooo... lets call his room and say hello.

Better thing to do would be to prank his alarm clock.

Wait!! What am I thinking...Maybe hire/ send the mail/male stripper that Gungy got for his birthday to stop by.

Daddy-Son ski trips are a blast!!! I Just drove my son back to Iowa for classes that started yesterday... We left last Wednesday for the 200 mile drive to Iowa City... Wife asked: "Why so many days to make a 3 hour drive?"

Well... We took the long way Honey Hiawatha! Deadheaded up to The Arrowhead of Minnesota some 600 miles away... Skied Lutsen Mountains (https://www.lutsen.com/) on the shores of Lake Superior, for two days, about 100 miles north of Duluth/Superior and 100 miles south of Thunder Bay, Ontario... In the Sawtooth Mountains of Minnesota. Basically: "Middle of nowhere!" :D It was -26 below zero F (actual temp) last Friday morning. On Saturday @ 4pm after skiing, from the Chippewa on down, we headed back to Wausau, WI to ski Granite Peak/Rib Mountain on Sunday... Then on to Iowa City Monday for first day of second semester classes on Tuesday

It wasn't summer by any means... But the Mrs. waited for me back @ the wigwam... Just the way it should be! <_<

"By the shore of Gitche Gumee,
By the shining Big-Sea-Water,
At the doorway of his wigwam,
In the pleasant Summer morning,
Hiawatha stood and waited."

Finally going through the GoPro footage. This is us on a "Gitche Gumee Sunrise" "Coffee Run" corduroy groomer early last Friday... Lake Superior in distance with sun reflecting. Amazing still unfrozen sections of The Big Lake! My son is the young buck that I let cut in front of me... No fun seeing just a 48 year old geezer ski alone on a cold Superior morning! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccB-BtPVVGg

Here's a treat... they still have 1960's chairs in service along with their modern lifts and detachable chair & new gondola!

post-1877-0-87101200-1484776419_thumb.png

I know you do NOT want any advice... 0:) But, I highly recommend Lutsen Mountains in Minnesota to anybody, non-skiers alike. Even for the summer (its busy season)... Well worth the treat! A nice "Scandinavian vibe"... Classic lifts from an era "when skiing was actually scary." If you want the big, comfy, six person expresses, they have that too... Also have a gondola that loads both ways (non-skiing tourists)... Summer/winter. Also, you can ski under and over bridges though the base area... Total classic, blast from past. Worth the effort, cheap up there and rain in winter is never an issue! I used to ski Blumont as a child, gives that quirky feel with the old lifts!! :D