Bronco Rumor Mill: Tyrod Taylor might be 2017 Starting QB.

Marty McFly

With Elway being pretty high on TT, I'm not sure it will matter that Kubiak is gone.

Seriously? He can't hit an open reciever here. What would make anyone think he can do it in Denver?

I agree with this.

He cant hit an open receiver here you say? So I guess those 269 Completions he had this year were to covered receivers? I reckon that makes him pretty good by your logic :lol::lol:

every year = slightly over 1 year lol. but i guess that fits your argument. if he gets worse next sure.

Cmon bro you know its confirmation bias > logic round here. get wit the program!

You know exactly what you are doing and its what you always do, its like you are 12 years old I swear.

Because Taylor lined up as a receiver on his first play of his first game, Cassel by default got credit for the start. But Taylor was our starting QB for the game, but because of a technicality of a trick play he is not listed as the starter. Taylor is 8-6 as the Bills starting QB, and he was the starting QB going into that game...a Greg Roman trick play created a technicality on the books, thats it.

That **** made me :lol::lol:

When have I ever praised Elway ? What are you talking about ?

Do you want to take me on a date ?

If you want some of the over 7 wins action get at me, I've said Taylor is bad forever and I stand by it.

You know I want in on that dog! I'll take the over.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He cant hit an open receiver here you say? So I guess those 269 Completions he had this year were to covered receivers? I reckon that makes him pretty good by your logic :lol::lol:

Cmon bro you know its confirmation bias > logic round here. get wit the program!

That **** made me :lol::lol:

You know I want in on that dog! I'll take the over.

Avatar bet. If you lose your new avatar is Dave Matthews or John Mayer. Take your pick! Edited by Ryan L Billz

Creed, Nickelback or Hinder for Ryan?!?

I like this bet. I think 7 is the PERFECT number too. That's right around where they will be in Vegas. This will be fun.

Kirby those are solid dooshy picks for RLB. If MAJBobby gets in on the bet im throwing Tomi Lahren in there too :lol::lol:

Dave Matthews? Don't do it man.

:lol::lol: Rico comin thru with the solid life advice.

Edited by Marty McFly

2 months minimum

Thats Solid. Avi change begins once Tyrod hits 7 wins. Injury to Tyrod disqualifies the bet tho.

Picking EJ didn't set the team back five years. It was attempting to keep to making a bad choice work.

This. Reminds me of 3 years of trying to make it work with my ex girlfriend. that was a !@#$in nightmare. not making that mistake again. just gonna draft another girl from the draftboard next time.

I've been saying this too. TT has his faults that we painfully see each Sunday but what is the alternative to Taylor the team's masterminds have in mind? Hoping some recycled free agent works out? Hitting on some yet unidentified QB in the draft? Making a trade for some high-mileage veteran one hit away from retirement? Given their track record of nailing the QB search my confidence is zero any of these will work out. Hoping the new HC will have some heavy input and some rational and realistic plan emerges.

The reasonable, realistic and rational alternative is to build for the future and not worry too much about this coming year.

7th in points scored after week 15. Dont see anybody else they bring in here improving on that. Cutting taylor without viable option will be one of dumbest moves the organization has made under Pegula. Alot like hiring a 500 coach whose defensive scheme could not have been a worse fit for our personell.

Yup, 7th in points and 16th in yards.

The offense, that is, not Tyrod in particular. It certainly wasn't the substandard passing game that did most of the damage. Thank goodness the run game was so excellent.

Edited by Thurman#1

There also all the losses we got because the D was terrible, so there is that. There's also not having his WRs healthy most games, so there's that too.

And having the best running game in the league taking pressure off the passing game, leaving teams saying, "Make him play QB." So there's that also.

Before this season I was still thinking there were pretty decent odds that Tyrod could make those huge steps up that he needed to make to become a top ten or twelve guy. After seeing the same weaknesses we saw last year continue to plague him, I just don't see it happening.

He won it all without a qb two years ago, he's gonna try it again.

#dilfertheorem.

Manning wasn't Manning anymore that season.

But he was still better than people remember. He had four 4th quarter comebacks that year and four game-winning drives.

Elway has taken his team to the playoffs almost every year. Won the division title a bunch of times, won 2 AFC championships and 1 SuperBowl with a less than steller QB and drafted/traded for 30 total ProBowlers during his tenure as GM. He is also a hall of fame QB. He has been trying to bring in Tyrod since 2015, last year and now this off-season again. Are you really insinuating you know more than John Elway about evaluating QB talent?

Elway doesn't really just like guys. He likes them depending on the situation. He "liked" Osweiler enough to make him an offer that wasn't much below the Texans offer. But he had a line he wasn't willing to go past. He didn't like Osweiler past that line.

There's no evidence that Elway likes Tyrod in the Broncos current situation, or if he'd like him with that contract, or if he still likes him after his performance this season.

We don't know Elway's stance right now on Tyrod.

Edited by Thurman#1

There's no evidence that Elway likes Tyrod in the Broncos current situation, or if he'd like him with that contract, or if he still likes him after his performance this season.

We don't know Elway's stance right now on Tyrod.

Thats Right. These articles were written when Kubiak was still scheduled to comeback as HC. There is a disclaimer at the end of the post pointing that out.

I think Elway's ability to know what chess pieces he needs for situational player management to keep winning is very spot on, his track record is proof.

Edited by Marty McFly

Thats Right. These articles were written when Kubiak was still scheduled to comeback as HC. There is a disclaimer at the end of the post pointing that out.

I think Elway's ability to know what chess pieces he needs for situational player management to keep winning is very spot on, his track record is proof.

So he'll be knocking on Tyrod's door at 12:01 the day after his contract runs out.

Found these for those of us looking for news on Tyrod Taylor.

Im not a social media whore so I am unsure of the credentials or accuracy of BroncosWire.com and Inquistr.com.

Looks as if Tyrod is on his way out of Buffalo and on to a much better team in Denver. Wishing him the best of luck. Hard worker, earned his spot from taking 3rd team reps behind EJ Manuel and Matt Cassel. Hope he continues to improve and gets to the promise land of the NFL.

"The Denver Broncos are rumored to be looking at a change in quarterback in 2017, leaving Trevor Siemian behind and instead returning to a major target in the last offseason — Tyrod Taylor.

Taylor appears to be headed toward free agency with the Buffalo Bills signaling that they will not pick up his contract option, and the Denver Broncos are rumored to be a very interested party.

The Denver Broncos have shown interest in Tyrod Taylor in the past. The last offseason, the team’s executive vice president and general manager, John Elway, reportedly tried to acquire Taylor away from the Bills, but to no avail. As Oregon Live recalled, the Broncos actually tried to make a run at Taylor before he signed with the Bills as well

“The Broncos were interested in Taylor before he signed with the Bills before the 2015 season. They offered him a more lucrative contract than the Bills, but Taylor chose Buffalo for the starting opportunity. Taylor played for Denver coach Gary Kubiak when Kubiak was the offensive coordinator for the Baltimore Ravens.” - Inquistr.com

Now that his chance to be a starter with the Buffalo Bills appears to be slipping away, the rumors that Tyrod Taylor could go to the Denver Broncos make a lot more sense.

"Denver tried to sign Taylor when he was a free agent in 2015. There were also rumors leading up to the draft that Broncos general manager John Elway reached out to Buffalo about possibly trading for Taylor last year.

With all of that said, it would not be surprising to see Denver pursue Taylor again next offseason." - BroncosWire.com

Sources.

http://www.inquisitr.com/3837688/denver-broncos-rumors-tyrod-taylor-could-be-the-teams-starting-quarterback-in-2017-with-team-not-committing-to-trevor-siemian/

http://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2016/12/27/should-denver-broncos-sign-buffalo-bills-qb-tyrod-taylor-in-2017/

DISCLAIMER: These articles were written before Kubiak announced he was stepping down, with a new HC in place Tyrod's opportunity in Denver might also be in question.

Right, just like they were dieing to hire Anthony Lynn