A View from Beantown

Geez I wonder if a fat drunk owner who bought a team with his wife's money and wanted our team moved to Toronto convinced the Boston paper to keep up the hazing.

But note KPD got in a Kraft potshot over him trying to move the Pats to Hartford years back. Newspaper writers never let you off the hook.

are the two papers connected by ownership ?

No. The Globe is owned by the NY Times. Warren Buffet owns the Buffalo News. But Boston and Buffalo writers cross-pollinate all the time, considering how often the Pats and Bruins play each other. I'm sure they are all chums. I'm also willing to bet DuPont asked his buddy Jerry Sullivan to give him the cliff notes version of the Pegula follies. No doubt Jerry took pains to be fair and balanced. :lol:

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Why would you not count the two AFL championships? Until Belichick and Brady arrived the Patriots never won anything. The Red Sox went 86 years without a championship. Almost half of those 35 championships were the Celtics, a dynasty that hasn't existed for years. Boston has four major sports franchises, Buffalo has two. Red Sox founded 1903, Bruins in the 1924, Celtics 1946. Not a very good comparison.

Exactly. Sabres not until 1970. Braves left after 10 years.

Only other team... The All-Americans and that championship was swindled away by George Halas:

1921 Staley Swindle:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1921_NFL_Championship_controversy

Cheating is as old as the hills in the NFL... Belicheat didn't invent anything new.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

This!!

Think Pegs told DW I got us into this mess, so I'll take care of ending it. Unfortunately the way they handled it publicly opened them up to much attention and not in a good way.

Or maybe TP was correcting his mistake of going around his GM and hiring Rex Ryan. Maybe TP gets it. You have to consider this is a possibility. Or maybe not. Time will tell.

This!!

Think Pegs told DW I got us into this mess, so I'll take care of ending it. Unfortunately the way they handled it publicly opened them up to much attention and not in a good way.

Poor Doug Whaley.