Follow the 2013 Draft Blueprint

In the 2013 Draft we traded down with the Rams. The rams received our 8th pick and we got their 16th. we got the rams 2nd rounder (46). We gave our 71st for their 78th. And we picked up an extra 7th round pick. This year we have the same positional needs as we did then which Is rather coincidental. This is the perfect draft for us to execute the same strategy we did then, which after Manuel still netted us Kiko and Woods in the 2nd round.

We pick 10th in the draft. We will most likely get a 6th rounder for Bradham and a 7th for Ron Brooks. Our biggest positional needs are s, wr, qb. Cleveland could be a viable trade partner especially since they have a stockpile of picks and will likely be looking for a qb after taken a top defensive playmaker with the 1st pick. However I would be looking toward someone like Arizona or Houston who are likely looking for a qb. Cleveland picks at 12 and will likely be looking for a qb such as Watson. I'm becoming a little leery on Watson because he had such good o line play and mike Williams all year. Arizona and possibly Houston would be willing to jump ahead of Cleveland to draft a qb.. Here are two possible scenarios of many

Scenario 1: If it were Arizona we could trade our first for their first. Get their second and give them our third. This would give us a high first and two high 2nds. We draft Corey Davis in the 1st, Budda Baker and Pat Mahomes in the 2nd.

Scenario 2: With Houston, we would trade our 10 pick for their probably 25th, plus get their 2nd and 4th. Plus a 2018 2nd. There are several ways to make the value balance out but this is just 1 scenario. Corey Davis will be gone but Smith-Schuster or possibly Ross will be there. or Someone like Desmond King. While still drafting Baker and Mahomes in the 2nd.

I'm big on Mahomes. He has the strongest arm in the draft. He's 6'3 and 230. He put up over 5,000 yards this year and threw for 41 TDs. He is mobile in the pocket and has good vision. Take him in the 2nd before the late run on qbs starts. If there is anything we've learned its don't wait around for a late round bargain on a qb bc they always go higher than projected. It is the most important position. If there is a position you should always draft need over value its qb. Davis is the best wr in this draft but I think he is rated below Mike Williams because he played in the MAC. Budda Baker is undersized at safety but plays with tenacity and is extremely athletic. He reminds me of steve smith but on defense.

I know the 2013 draft brings up bad memories, but it was good strategy and could be implemented this year with the right trade partner.

Edited by Finkle Is Einhorn

If we keep TT I'm not sure I want an early early this year. Let TT play and if he's still not stepping up you make an open competition for 2018 (the last year you are LOCKED to Taylor) and can make a decision following that year or the next even if the rookie is slow or Taylor gets hot

just saying he had the strongest arm. But keep hanging on to old news to make yourself feel better.

It's part of the character evaluation that NFL teams conduct like running out on the field just in 2016. It's not about making myself feel anything.

Coupled with the weakest mind and least amount of emotional maturity. He's a Jeff George and Jay Cutler combo.

Agreed. "No" to Kelly.

I said somewhere else, if we wind up with Reich as HC and Chad Kelly as QB we will know it is true that Brandon is still putting his thumb on the football ops, because that would be the Nostalgia Marketing wet dream of a combo for Russ.

Not really a huge fan of the top end talent in this draft but I do think there is a lot of good depth especially with DBs. If there is a trade down possibility I would definitely take it, we could use the extra picks with all of the free agents we currently have.

I think Mahomes has an incredible arm and good mobility. He made some absolutely jaw dropping passes this past year. His footwork is a mess but with a good coach it could be fixed. I have a feeling he will be a first round pick come draft time.

If we keep TT I'm not sure I want an early QB this year. Let TT play and if he's still not stepping up you make an open competition for 2018 (the last year you are LOCKED to Taylor) and can make a decision following that year or the next even if the rookie is slow or Taylor gets hot

With that scenario and our glaring needs for a safety, a cb when gilmore walks, and a solid 1st year impact rookie at WR i have to agree with you.

just saying he had the strongest arm. But keep hanging on to old news to make yourself feel better.

I agree with you on many things BB, but not on this.

I am not impressed by Chad Kelly, pass.

Having said that, I love your updated draft, BB. Ramczyk, Butt & Engram as the Bills first 3 picks?! I'm in! :thumbsup:

I agree with you on many things BB, but not on this.

I am not impressed by Chad Kelly, pass.

Having said that, I love your updated draft, BB. Ramczyk, Butt & Engram as the Bills first 3 picks?! I'm in! :thumbsup:

me too

Well we can't agree all the time that would be just weird :D but taking a 5th on him wont hurt anything. Basically most of your starters come in the first three rounds anything after that is gravy. Go through any teams drafts and see how many of their later round picks are still on the team after a couple yrs, it's very eye opening.

That is why I would employ a draft strategy were I trade back in the first to get an extra second and trade all my picks after the 3rd round to get extra 3s. This would still give you 5 or more picks when you only get 7 anyway but now they are all in the money rounds instead of the "not making it" rounds.

Coupled with the weakest mind and least amount of emotional maturity. He's a Jeff George and Jay Cutler combo.

Throw in a little Johnny Manziel too.

In terms of trading down, I'm all for it as it be a sound plan especially since we don't have a 4th Rounder or 7th Round pick this draft. It be nice to have a few more draft bodies around to help offset some of are UFAs.

Edited by The Jokeman