Why doesn't Pegula fire Whaley?

Rockee96

For the life of me, I don't understand why Pegula does not fire Whaley.

It is obvious to us fans, the rest of the NFL, and the common person that Whaley is a horrible GM and will lead the franchise deeper in ruin.

I know it's not as simple as I stated, but is Terry that blind?

Also, how can Terry be so blind about Russ Brandon while the rest of the world can see so clearly that Russ and Whaley needs to go? What incentive does Terry have to keep Whaley and Brandon?

I've been a fan for 25 years, and this time around, I just don't get it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd argue that he can't fire Whaley as GM because he's never actually let him be a GM.

Put up or shut up Doug, you got a year.

...or two. He should get as long as his coach does, IMO. I think he's good on player stuff, and he hasn't gotten to choose his coach yet. Good thing we have another thread about it though....

It is obvious to us fans, the rest of the NFL, and the common person that Whaley is a horrible GM and will lead the franchise deeper in ruin.

Also, how can Terry be so blind about Russ Brandon while the rest of the world can see so clearly that Russ and Whaley needs to go? What incentive does Terry have to keep Whaley and Brandon?

Pegs is just learning the hard way.

The GM and team president excel at planting themselves beside the new owners.

Whaley bought himself a one year stay of execution by sucking up and convincing T/K Pegs it's RR's fault that they couldn't coach the superior roster constructed for them.

If only the Pegullibles would have gotten out in front of this rather than let the franchise his a new rock bottom. They'll just learn the hard way.

Why so much negativity here..especially OPs points are all opinions of our Media (Don't know if they are true facts). It is like any other job. You are given a responsibility and a yard stick to measure your performance. If the Pegulas believe that Whaley is doing his job (according to their measuring stick) then they have no necessity to fire Whaley. A lot of failure over the past two years is based on performance on the field and the responsibility for that falls on Rex.

Regarding drafting, we will never know how much power Whaley has over the personnel. Over the years what I have seen is that Bills work as a consensus team and pick players based on their needs....Gailey wanted Spiller and got him in the 1st round...Rex wanted defensive help and got them with the 1st 3 picks in 2016 draft.

I am not saying WHaley is doing a gr8 job; However, the evaluation is to be done by the Pegulas based on what responsibility has been assigned to him

My points were based upon my personal observations from following the Bills closely during the past 25 years as a diehard fan. They aren't based on the opinions of Media, though it was nice to see that they agree with my viewpoints.

coincidentally, the only way doug still has this job three years from now is he starts doing the opposite. every instinct the guy has is wrong, so the opposite would have to be right.

Now you're almost begging for someone to post a list of all his many very good moves. I'm too lazy, so.......

"It's not the roster it's the coaching stupid"

That's the narrative that sold. Maybe it's right, let's see...

I've been a fan for 28 years and I'd say Whaley has built better rosters than the last several GMs.

My points were based upon my personal observations from following the Bills closely during the past 25 years as a diehard fan. They aren't based on the opinions of Media, though it was nice to see that they agree with my viewpoints.

Most of the fanbase agrees with you too, regardless of the frantic spinning going on in here by the few attempting to defend the indefensible.

Edited by Rico

He's been a horrible GM?

That's a stretch

Doug has brought some decent talent in and most of his mistakes have been in the handling of contracts

I'm sorry folks but a better coach could have gotten to the playoffs with the talent on this club

Yep, you're not such a Nostra after all. Wait, I got that wrong....

Most of the fanbase agrees with you too, regardless of the frantic spinning going on in here by the few attempting to defend the indefensible.

And indefensible it is...you are correct Pegs is learning the hard way, but just get the inevitable over with and hit the RESET button...