Cap Situation

If we exercise TT's option and somehow resign Gilmore, how much room would we have to sign the rest of the players we need to round out the roster? I know we have a ton of free agents.

Not much.

Lets say Gilmore deal get arounf 9M cap hit this year

Leaves 22M in space

Ugh. Drafting another corner in the first round just seems like more of the same last 17 years. Plus we need safeties.

You can go back to Nate Clements. Draft high, let them walk, then use a high draft pick to replace them. Never ending cycle with CBs and the Bills.

AND WR2, RT, QB, Depth

The QBs are sparse in this draft. Trubisky is the only one graded as a first rounder and he looked average in the bowl game. The top 3 teams in the draft need a QB. There is no solution to the QB problem this year. It has been this way since Kelly retired.

You can go back to Nate Clements. Draft high, let them walk, then use a high draft pick to replace them. Never ending cycle with CBs and the Bills.

The QBs are sparse in this draft. Trubisky is the only one graded as a first rounder and he looked average in the bowl game. The top 3 teams in the draft need a QB. There is no solution to the QB problem this year. It has been this way since Kelly retired.

Yeah NO Solution in draft and been like that since Kelly retired. I can list a good amount

Unless Gilmore comes way do n on what he's asking for he will not be here next year.

Why should he? He may want to play for a team that is playoff caliber. Same with Woods. So much for homegrown talent.

2 holes right of the start. Goddwin? probably gone So one corner 2 receivers, rebuild a secondary, a kicker, a QB,.a punter, etc.

And a GM that cannot draft too save his life. 22M ought to solve that?

at this point i don't even care. we need to find one. and there is not going to be a sure thing qb that slides outa the top 2. if there are not 7 guys on staff that have one job...to scout friggin' quarterbacks, then heads need to roll. find a qb, fill out the rest of the roster as best you can, with whatever you can, and let's go!

No Shame in that draft strategy. I would rather draft a 1st round CB every 4-5 years than sign a super expensive FA at that position. CB's tend not to bust too.

Wouldn't letting gilmore and ej go be just about the same as picking up tyrod option? I keeping hearing his option is around 27 million, but didn't he get 9 million of it this year, and 15.5 million for 2017, and 3.25 for 2018. I think that fair for mid level guy.

27.5 M in cash in 2017

15.5 M option

12M Base

So in 2017 he is a 27.5M QB. That does scream overpaying

Edited by MAJBobby

No way I'm paying Gilmore. Don't care if Rex is a terrible coach, but Gilmore quit on most of the season. Not giving big money to guys like that plus Seymour looks like a find. Sign Tyrod to a 2 year $20m guaranteed deal and draft Kizer at #10.

But if they decline TT option he is leaving for 20+M a year

If we exercise TT's option and somehow resign Gilmore, how much room would we have to sign the rest of the players we need to round out the roster? I know we have a ton of free agents.

I expect a lot of Bills contracts to get re-structured in this offseason. I am surely not a cap expert but depending on who we can land in FA, I see players like Clay, McCoy being approached for re-neg. Also, sadly, Kyle Williams may not be back if I were to believe the discussion during today's game.

I expect a lot of Bills contracts to get re-structured in this offseason. I am surely not a cap expert but depending on who we can land in FA, I see players like Clay, McCoy being approached for re-neg. Also, sadly, Kyle Williams may not be back if I were to believe the discussion during today's game.

Clay and McCoy would be HORRIBLE options to kick the can down the road.

if kyle williams is not on this team next year, i am going on a bender of epic friggin' proportions.

I dont understand what you mean, honestly.

McCoy closer to that dreaded age of 30 for a RB. Restructure = kicking can down road = gonna pay piper eventually

Clay knee - restructured last year not much more to do also again bad idea kicking a can down the road with a guy that obviously has an ongoing knee issue

Two horrible places to try and save 4M max and kick down the road

Edited by MAJBobby