Tyrod Haters

DC Grid

Not a fan, but kudos to you for at least going on record with a plan.

Yeah he's a project. Physically compares to Wentz but not as prepared.

And one of our tailgaters brothers is the head of football ops at UNC so we want him to stay for his sake. :thumbsup:

What I find funny is that we have to defend the OBVIOUS choice to keep a QB that none of us thinks is franchise.

Tyrod drives me crazy with the field vision issues and inability to run a 2 minute offense.......but I simply can't bring myself to going back to watching Trent/EJ/post-tape Fitz type of offense.

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So what, int or lack thereof are overrated, run no big deal, and he's going to be 28 by next opening day, IMO not much improving gonna happen.

Not hard to improve upon 31st ranked passing game.

But it is hard to improve on the 7th highest scoring offense...

right this minute, IDK. but not hard to improve upon 31st ranked passing game

So the solution, is "I don't have one but someone else?" I don't know how much you follow college or the pros but I don't see the guy. Deshaun Watson is a little intriguing to me because I think that he's a winner.

Yeah he's a project. Physically compares to Wentz but not as prepared.

And one of our tailgaters brothers is the head of football ops at UNC so we want him to stay for his sake. :thumbsup:

What I find funny is that we have to defend the OBVIOUS choice to keep a QB that none of us thinks is franchise.

Tyrod drives me crazy with the field vision issues and inability to run a 2 minute offense.......but I simply can't bring myself to going back to watching Trent/EJ/post-tape Fitz type of offense.

That's kind of the point. The grass isn't always greener. TT is far from perfect but he has led the offense to a lot of points. They weren't the reason that the Bills are 7-9. If there were viable alternatives I'd be all ears but I don't see anyone even close.

So the solution, is "I don't have one but someone else?" I don't know how much you follow college or the pros but I don't see the guy. Deshaun Watson is a little intriguing to me because I think that he's a winner.

That's kind of the point. The grass isn't always greener. TT is far from perfect but he has led the offense to a lot of points. They weren't the reason that the Bills are 7-9. If there were viable alternatives I'd be all ears but I don't see anyone even close.

old school keep parroting the passing yards

not the most important stat BY FAR

But it is hard to improve on the 7th highest scoring offense...So the solution, is "I don't have one but someone else?" I don't know how much you follow college or the pros but I don't see the guy. Deshaun Watson is a little intriguing to me because I think that he's a winner. That's kind of the point. The grass isn't always greener. TT is far from perfect but he has led the offense to a lot of points. They weren't the reason that the Bills are 7-9. If there were viable alternatives I'd be all ears but I don't see anyone even close.

Very well stated.

Looking at the possible FA QBs and the draft class, not signing Taylor will ensure they will have the number one draft pick. Jones is not ready for prime time and IMO he never will. I watched him enough (living in BIG TEN territory) and he is solid but will be a good back up. The options are bleak.

You didn't answer the question. If not Tyrod, the QB that improves this offense is _______. That's the point. I don't know how familiar you are with the options at either the pro or college level but I don't see a guy that improves the offense. If you do, give us the name and we can discuss. "Somebody else" doesn't work through.

I say "someone else", because there are multiple options out there.

Romo, Cutler, Foles all look to be available, possibly Rivers as well.

As far as the college class goes, there are 3-5 guys I'd be interested in; but with the rare exception college QBs are a crapshoot these days because the game is so different from the pro game.

The larger point is that we know what we have in Tyrod. And what we have isn't good enough. We need to move on until we find good enough.

I'm starting to come around to the TT option because I just don't see a better option. Maybe we get lucky and the sparkling performance against Miami becomes the norm. If at best he becomes a competent starting qb that is a major step up for us. There is even the chance that he can develop into a very good qb and allows this tired franchise a respite from the never ending quest to find a franchise qb.

One major trait of TT that I admire is that he is a worker and is very invested in his profession. So whether things work out or not we know he is putting in the maximum effort. That's all you can ask.

Shanahan is an excellent offensive mind. He would be able to get the most out of all the talent we have on offense. Romo is a walking medicare commercial. Cutler? Uhhhhh, no. Hoyer would be a better option than Tryrod. And yes, draft a QB. Do you have a plan there smart guy?

Keep Lynn, keep Tyrod. Let Lynn bring in an OC that shares his offensive vision. Hold the defense players accountable and sit/cut players who do not give 100% at practice or in games. Talent is great but effort is essential. We have too many players (mostly on defense) who are not doing their job.

We scored 24 or more points 11 times this year. Our defense is a shambles. Lynn is an excellent offensive mind my problem is that winning is challenging when your defense performs as badly as ours.

As far as the college class goes, there are 3-5 guys I'd be interested in; but with the rare exception college QBs are a crapshoot these days because the game is so different from the pro game.

The larger point is that we know what we have in Tyrod. And what we have isn't good enough. We need to move on until we find good enough.

Well at least there are some names. I just don't see Cutler and Foles bringing more than 26 PPG. Maybe they will but I think that Tyrod is WAY better than those guys.

Romo is a total wild card. I've always been a fan. He could come in for 2 years max (if healthy) and be a good bridge. If he thinks that the Bills are his best option to win. I'm not sure he would pick them over Denver or Houston though.

In terms of the draft 2018, on paper, looks like a decent QB draft. Watson is the only guy that interests me at all in 2017. The grass isn't always greener...

I'm starting to come around to the TT option because I just don't see a better option. Maybe we get lucky and the sparkling performance against Miami becomes the norm. If at best he becomes a competent starting qb that is a major step up for us. There is even the chance that he can develop into a very good qb and allows this tired franchise a respite from the never ending quest to find a franchise qb.

One major trait of TT that I admire is that he is a worker and is very invested in his profession. So whether things work out or not we know he is putting in the maximum effort. That's all you can ask.

I guess the point is, he IS a competent starter. He's far from perfect but you could easily do worse. There is a lot of bad QB play out there (we watched that Jets game). TT isn't great but he's an okay NFL starter.

Well at least there are some names. I just don't see Cutler and Foles bringing more than 26 PPG. Maybe they will but I think that Tyrod is WAY better than those guys.

Romo is a total wild card. I've always been a fan. He could come in for 2 years max (if healthy) and be a good bridge. If he thinks that the Bills are his best option to win. I'm not sure he would pick them over Denver or Houston though.

In terms of the draft 2018, on paper, looks like a decent QB draft. Watson is the only guy that interests me at all in 2017. The grass isn't always greener...

Trade for Romo, draft Watson and roll with Cardale. There's no downside.

Without impacting the running game or a top ten scoring offense? Did you notice without the threat of Tyrod's legs the holes today dried up against a Sorry Jets team?

FWIW the Jests were giving up 3.8 rpc this year good for 5th.

I respect your view of TT, but I don't understand it.. You keep saying he is not good enough, but he directed the 7th rated scoring offense though week 16. Isn't scoring points what it's all about?

I don't like Tyrod... but I'm not sure what choice we have. Unless they find a QB in the middle part of the draft like Dak Prescott that unexpectedly starts out of the middle of nowhere, they're essentially stuck with him. I don't like Cutler. Rivers and Romo will command more money than TT and I'm not really sure they are more than Bledsoe-type caretarker quarterbacks.

EJ will be gone. Hard to gauge Cardale Jones in one quarter of action, but he seemed pretty raw and I wouldn't enter next season with him as the #1 quarterback. They probably pick up a quarterback in the draft, and bring in a journeyman, Kelly Holcomb-esque guy to compete with TT for the starting job.