Lets say EJ throws for 5 TDs, 400 yards

HOUSE

Man, it is going too be a very long offseason. Every thread is sillier than the last already.

the question is what to do with EJ should he play well

this is a very important question here

sorry you don't see it

Edited by HOUSE

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then What??

Think about it..... :flirt:

In all seriousness, what does that show? The Jets have packed it in and I did not see ANYONE even trying on that team For the last 3 weeks.

Does it mean EJ has talent? I think everyone knows that. It against the Jets who would probably lose to the Browns by 30 right now it really doesn't prove or show anyone anything.

Edited by PatsFanNH

That's a valid question. How bad is Jones that he can't even start a meaningless end of season game?

A horse in the barn always has more potential than a horse at the track. Jones on the sidelines = future potential. Whaley doesn't want to go into this offseason with these QB questions answered.

A horse in the barn always has more potential than a horse at the track. Jones on the sidelines = future potential. Whaley doesn't want to go into this offseason with these QB questions answered.

I don't buy that one.

In all seriousness, what does that show? The Jets have packed it in and I did not see ANYONE even trying on that team For the last 3 weeks.

Does it mean EJ has talent? I think everyone knows that. It against the Jets who would probably lose to the Browns by 30 right now it really doesn't prove or show anyone anything.

this is why i posted the thread

Probably will just generate a tiny bit more interest in free agency. EJ is done here, havent you read all the astute QB analysts on here that say he sucks? Remember that one game out of his whopping 14 starts where he threw a bunch of int's? He sucks. Everybody... EVERYBODY says so.

Are you trying to say he doesn't suck? Furthermore, are you suggesting that he played 13 good games and one bad one? Edited by metzelaars_lives

Are you trying to say he doesn't suck? Furthermore, are you suggesting that he played 13 good games and one bad one?

I dont think he sucks. I think he ran the two minute hurry up offense decently. I think he can score points in the offense. I dont think he hangs his head like a beaten dog, when things are going bad, like taylor did in the Oakland and Pittsburg game. I think he has SOME ofthe skills needed to be a pocket passer, hes big, has arm strength, has mobility.

I also think he has had accuracy issues and has looked awkward running the ball and taking hits at times.

Basically a raw talent that never got a feel for the offense. But again, 14 games. Ready for the scrap heap? Idk, maybe. I googled "qb busts" earlier this morning and he was on a list of 10 biggest busts since 2007, so idk.

do we resign or just let him walk?

Even if he shows something today, and even if the Bills see progress I can't see him staying here. There are other teams out there that need QB's and he will likely have offers and welcome a fresh start. I like EJ and recall his good games against the Pats, Panthers..., maybe others? But I think it's over. Nothing that happens in today's game should really have any impact on the offseason for any player.

There is a certain irony in this thread. If you recall that was what Rob Johnson did in a meaningless season finale, then he got the start the following week over Flutie in the playoff game. Not that he played bad in that game either as he walked off the field with one shoe on and the Bills leading.

I honestly believe he is done here in Buffalo, and this start is Whaley showcasing him as a show of goodwill for him to land on his feet with another team via free agency.

Hes been crucified on this board for no logical reason, but has been a professional and has conducted himself with class and deserves a legit chance to show what he can do. Whether its a career backup, or a legit chance to compete for a starting job.

I dont think he sucks. I think he ran the two minute hurry up offense decently. I think he can score points in the offense. I dont think he hangs his head like a beaten dog, when things are going bad, like taylor did in the Oakland and Pittsburg game. I think he has SOME ofthe skills needed to be a pocket passer, hes big, has arm strength, has mobility.

I also think he has had accuracy issues and has looked awkward running the ball and taking hits at times.

Basically a raw talent that never got a feel for the offense. But again, 14 games. Ready for the scrap heap? Idk, maybe. I googled "qb busts" earlier this morning and he was on a list of 10 biggest busts since 2007, so idk.

I was watching the Panthers game (his second of the 14 starts) in New York at a sports bar with friends and I remember putting my hands on my head in jovial disbelief saying out loud, "we finally have our guy! We finally have our guy!" He never looked that good ever again. You talk about one bad game like it was an anomaly. The following week against the Jets he looked worse than Taylor ever has. How about the Bucs game that season? In more than half his games as a pro, he has looked A1 atrocious- again, worse than Taylor has ever looked in 29 starts. All that being said, I liked the pick at the time and don't hold it against Whaley. They had to take a QB that year and there wasn't a better option available. Not to mention he squeezed another pick out of it (Alonso -> McCoy) so the Rams could draft Tavon Austin. And to your point, yes, he seems like a very nice young man and I agree he has had a great attitude about the whole thing. Edited by metzelaars_lives

He has multiples of those games.

He did?

I see 1 game where he threw 4 INTs, 3 games where he threw 2. In two of those 3 games, he threw equal # of TD and INT.

That's really not uncommon for a young QB in his first 2 seasons, including a number of QB who have been brought up here as "better"

I thought the concern on EJM was more lack of passing accurately and appropriately than being a horrid INT machine, 'cuz overall he really is not - the idea being (as I understand it) one can tolerate the occasional multi-INT games (even Aaron Rodgers has them), provided there are counter-balancing 300 yd passing, 4 TD games (which there aren't from EJM) and late-game rallies.