The actual Taylor Clause

MAJBobby

Make special note Bills Dr is the ONLY one that matters.

Also "services of this contract" play in 2017.

Also terminated for injury (not picking up option for performance different.)

This groin thing is much to do about nothing except sports media spin to get click. So sick of them.

Notice NOT one of them posted the actual clause but here it is.

Hope this clears this up for everyone.

post-26397-0-84590700-1483055564_thumb.jpg

post-26397-0-55195700-1483055578_thumb.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you have access to the clause? Do you have access to the full contract?

Do not have access to full contract.

Rodak posted this awhile ago and verified it with people i know (not at OBD, unfortunately lost my contacts there about 5 years ago) and it the correct clauses

Edited by MAJBobby

If that's the provision, and no reason to believe it isnt, the injury will seem to have no affect on the contract. But I'm not a lawyer so perhaps I'm not reading it correctly. It seems to say if the club thinks he can perform, probably by the first game, the club's only discretion, then they would not owe him the money if they release him.

Make special note Bills Dr is the ONLY one that matters.

Also "services of this contract" play in 2017.

Also terminated for injury (not picking up option for performance different.)

This groin thing is much to do about nothing except sports media spin to get click. So sick of them.

Notice NOT one of them posted the actual clause but here it is.

Hope this clears this up for everyone.

Not to be nitpicky but it's the club's "doctors" not "doctor." I believe White, Cappuccino, Bisson, and Fine are the docs. Depending on what it is will depend where it falls. This would most likely fall to Fine but potentially Bisson can overrule? It used to be Marzo I believe. At any rate there are some checks and balances there.

If that's the provision, and no reason to believe it isnt, the injury will seem to have no affect on the contract. But I'm not a lawyer so perhaps I'm not reading it correctly. It seems to say if the club thinks he can perform, probably by the first game, the club's only discretion, then they would not owe him the money if they release him.

Correct.

And like every team insured themselves against the payment. So really (yes they lose cap) but Pegulas get every dime of the 27.5M back on an insurance payment

Not to be nitpicky but it's the club's "doctors" not "doctor." I believe White, Cappuccino, Bisson, and Fine are the docs. Depending on what it is will depend where it falls. This would most likely fall to Fine but potentially Bisson can overrule? It used to be Marzo I believe. At any rate there are some checks and balances there.

Yes but a groin will not activate it. Bills can use say we are not picking the option up because doesnt fit future plans.

All Drs are going to say yes this injury does not stop him from performing services in 2017.

No INJ guaranteed money paid out.

In any event there are the clauses that the people that want to write abd tell you about them likely got as well but wont post in their storys because it is much to do about nothing once you read them and that isnt fun to write about. Doesnt sell

A couple things jump out at me.

First, he even gets paid if he's dead.

Secondly, why would they include a non-football related injury??

They didnt. The second part is the insurance the Bills can tak out on the contract.

So the Bills get paid in event of a NFI or death 27.5M

The portion of his INJ is football related only

They didnt. The second part is the insurance the Bills can tak out on the contract.

So the Bills get paid in event of a NFI or death 27.5M

The portion of his INJ is football related only

That makes more sense. Does it hit the cap though with a NFI? Its not so much the actual cash that would matter as the cap implications.

That makes more sense. Does it hit the cap though with a NFI? Its not so much the actual cash that would matter as the cap implications.

The cap hit stands in the likely event he cant play for injury.

So his 16M this year and then a cap hit of 11.5M next year (2017 and 2018).

However Pegulas are not out any money because they insured the guaranteed money portion of his contract.

That is how I understand the cap implications and cash implications.

However, i must admit its never happened in the NFL where a guy with a high INJ guarantee gets hurt and team releases him. So i am not 100% sure how it applies to the cap.

I will reach out to friends and ask if they know

Not 100% sure on cap implications. I have reached out to friends to see if they can help (they do not work for the Bills disclaimer but should know how it works)

So effectively the Bills took out a life insurance policy on him.

They took a INJ (football or not) / life insurance policy on him yes Edited by MAJBobby

Not 100% sure on cap implications. I have reached out to friends to see if they can help

They took a INJ (football or not) / life insurance policy on him yes

Jeff Gillooly. Paging Mr. Jeff Gillooly.

Ok this is what one said (works in a portion of a FO that deals with contracts for a FL based football team)

"Treat it no different than normal guaranteed money if it activates, meaning you have two options for dealing with the dead cap money 1. Take the 27.5M dead money in 2017. 2. Designate it as a post June 1 and split the dead cap over 2017 and 2018. (I asked him though can this really apply seeing it technically isnt a cut).

He added "it would be stupid for the Bills to not just pick up the option if the money is going to turn guaranteed anyway. There is value with the player and the Bills cap is paying for it anyway keep or trade the value"

Ended with "if the Bills do cut him and take the entire 27.5M in 2017 AND Tyrod plays in 2017 for another team they can petition and will be granted proportional cap relief in 2018, example if plays in 10 games they will get roughly 17M in cap relief in 2018."

Take it as a grain of salt as he doesnt have the full contract only the clauses that are here (i sent him them) and no reason to trust i have friends or they work in positions like this. But that is what was said to me and i trust him.

Another response from him he said "if contract has offset that is a way the Bills can save Cap space this year if he was cut"

Edited by MAJBobby

Ok this is what one said (works in a portion of a FO that deals with contracts for a FL based football team)

"Treat it no different than normal guaranteed money if it activates, meaning you have two options for dealing with the dead cap money 1. Take the 27.5M dead money in 2017. 2. Designate it as a post June 1 and split the dead cap over 2017 and 2018. (I asked him though can this really apply seeing it technically isnt a cut).

He added "it would be stupid for the Bills to not just pick up the option if the money is going to turn guaranteed anyway. There is value with the player and the Bills cap is paying for it anyway keep or trade the value"

Ended with "if the Bills do cut him and take the entire 27.5M in 2017 AND Tyrod plays in 2017 for another team they can petition and will be granted proportional cap relief in 2018, example if plays in 10 games they will get roughly 17M in cap relief in 2018."

Take it as a grain of salt as he doesnt have the full contract only the clauses that are here (i sent him them) and no reason to trust i have friends or they work in positions like this. But that is what was said to me and i trust him.

Another response from him he said "if contract has offset that is a way the Bills can save Cap space this year if he was cut"

Great stuff Bobby and thank you!!

Yep. He did answer question

"Yes you can still use the post June 1 designation on the dead money"

Great stuff Bobby and thank you!!

Yep once I am out of Army I am Hoping like heck i can land one of these type of jobs. Would love to be around the inner workings of a NFL FO

Other Buddy (works in scouting)

"Jesus D1 it is early over here on W. Coast. Money accelerates unless you use June 1. Have your GM call our GM we will talk trade if your team is idiots enough to let him walk."

Edited by MAJBobby