Bills are a joke of an organization

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I see it in this business either you produce a winner or your gone. Rex had two years to turn this team into a winning franchise it didn't happen. Is it all his fault? NO you can look at the organization as a whole. Whaley has passed up on CARR AND MACK in the draft, They let Schwartz go? Watkins their #1 receiver gets hurt year after year. And the players especially on defense look as though they have quit on REX. They need to bring in a HC with a winning record and attitude to get this team turned around. If I was the PEGULAS I would go after Polian and Cowher, Open up your wallet or this team will never be a contender.

As I see it in this business either you produce a winner or your gone. Rex had two years to turn this team into a winning franchise it didn't happen. Is it all his fault? NO you can look at the organization as a whole. Whaley has passed up on CARR AND MACK in the draft, They let Schwartz go? Watkins their #1 receiver gets hurt year after year. And the players especially on defense look as though they have quit on REX. They need to bring in a HC with a winning record and attitude to get this team turned around. If I was the PEGULAS I would go after Polian and Cowher, Open up your wallet or this team will never be a contender.

As if there were any chance that Rex and Schwartz would co-exist. Sammy's 1st time missing extensive action is this season. Before 2016, he produced and played in 29 of 32 games. Sorry, but Polian and Cowher are coming to the rescue.

Pegulas have opened up their wallets - wide freaking open the last couple years. Like WIDE OPEN.

Think about this.

Whaley

Has the Owners Ear. Sits with the Owner Every Game. You think he has to leak anything lol

Obviously the owners are listening to the buffalo news for clues on what they should do with their franchise.

"Holy crap, they think we are going to fire Rex? Damn, we better get Whaley to start looking for a HC immediately!" :lol:

Think about this.

Whaley

Has the Owners Ear. Sits with the Owner Every Game. You think he has to leak anything lol

Awesome post dude. Absolute strawman though. You responded and earned your pay. WTF does Whaley sitting with the owners have to do with undermining the coach with the media. Answer absolutely nothing. Edited by jms62

Awesome post dude. Absolute strawman though. You responded and earned your pay. WTF does Whaley sitting with the owners have to do with undermining the coach with the media. Answer absolutely nothing.

Want a strawman argument. Fine.

Every person pinning this to Whaley. PROOF

Ooo yeah conspiracy never have em.

Again answer this question If Whaley and Pegula already decided to fire Ryan why does Whaley have to leak anything.

But hey logic is hard

Edited by MAJBobby

Want a strawman argument. Fine.

Every person pinning this to Whaley. PROOF

Ooo yeah conspiracy never have em.

Again answer this question If Whaley and Pegula already decided to fire Ryan why does Whaley have to leak anything.

But hey logic is hard

To undermine the coach he didnt like and !@#$ with his head. Prove that he didnt do it.

So you have established that Whaley leaked to the media to the point you can demand proof from someone that he didn't?

Listen it is absurd for someone to ask for proof on such a discussion,. That is Bobby's Modus Operandi asking for proof of something that no one can prove. If he is to go to that absurdity I figured give him a dose of equal absurdity.

Do you really think an organization like the Patriots, Steelers or Packers would leak to the media that they're going to be firing their HC with a few weeks left in the season, making the coach a lame duck coach and having the coach answer questions about his future for a few weeks?

The Patriots haven't fired a coach in 17 years, so it's a bit hypothetical. As far as I know, Bill runs the ship and it's a taut ship, so no, I don't. Any leakers would be shot into space, spacesuit optional.

The Packers have a very linear organization: Executive committee->CEO->GM->HC. All the sales and marketing and finance guys are off in another room. So No, I think if the GM had a quiet discussion with the CEO about his intentions, it would likely stay between them.

I know nothing about the Steelers, but as far as I can tell, they haven't fired a head coach since before many on this board were born (1969) so that's even more hypothetical than Belichick.

Did you read Kirby Jackson's posts on another thread, about how small market teams are organized? It read very true to me. The problem is that the Bills historically have a very collaborative organization, with responsibility spread throughout all aspects of the organization. The GM, Coach, and CEO/president report in parallel to the Owner. The salary and contract negotiation functions reside in the CEO/president's reporting line. If the GM wants to lobby for a change, he has to go up to the Owner, the Owner has to come down through the CEO/president to discuss contract implications; if they're having the sort of weekly meetings Kirby described, each person has 3-4 people reporting to them who are getting some sort of gouge on possible developments so they can plan how it affects their part of the business. That sort of organizational model lends itself to being a leaky sieve, especially if you have "lifers" who are mourning the "good old days" and deeply resent any attempt to change the organizational culture or structure (I believe the "Whaley's gone rogue" Fredex cut was an example of changed structure causing resentment in people left out of the loop)

Yes, it's dysfunctional, and I would personally, were I Pegs, say this has to stop, heads will roll.

On the other hand, when the Bills D was observed to have not improved from last year despite all the draft picks and signings and extra coaching assistants, when stupid penalties and fundamental coaching mistakes like 12 men or 10 men on field were still seen to occur, I believe there would have been speculation and media reports of Rex's imminent firing with or without the leakage.

To undermine the coach he didnt like and !@#$ with his head. Prove that he didnt do it.

Dude, it's really pretty practically impossible to prove a negative. The burden of proof properly rests with the person making a claim.

Did you see what happened with the players during that Steeler game? It's like the gave up once they heard the news that Ryan was going to be fired. Someone in the FO didn't want to see Ryan succeed and basically submarined Ryan by letting that info slip to the media.

It kinda tells me it was Doug Whaley as it was stated that he wanted to see what Cardale Jones could do as the starter. Probably thinking that he had another Dak Prescott.

Dude, you're making no sense. The Bills players heard Rex might be fired so the D stiffened up and held the Steelers to FG at the end of the game, while scoring back to back late TDs, because they were giving up because Rex might be fired?

But they folded the previous week in the 4th Q and let Oak score 15 uncontested points because they hadn't gotten the news yet and were happy to think Rex would keep coaching them.

Riiiiiiiiiggggghhhhht.

Meanwhile, Whaley's job is on the line if he doesn't build a winner and he'd never get another coaching job if he were thought to backstab his coaches, so clearly it musta been him.

And who stated Whaley wanted to see what Cardale Jones could do? On Dec 16th, Whaley went on WGR and publically said Cardale needs more time, let him learn, no plans for him to play.

I think the Bills know very well that Cardale Jones, with his minimal starting time, is no where near Dak Prescott.

The stuff folks come up with. I'm glad I don't have and have never had a job involving public scrutiny.

The Patriots haven't fired a coach in 17 years, so it's a bit hypothetical. As far as I know, Bill runs the ship and it's a taut ship, so no, I don't. Any leakers would be shot into space, spacesuit optional.

The Packers have a very linear organization: Executive committee->CEO->GM->HC. All the sales and marketing and finance guys are off in another room. So No, I think if the GM had a quiet discussion with the CEO about his intentions, it would likely stay between them.

I know nothing about the Steelers, but as far as I can tell, they haven't fired a head coach since before many on this board were born (1969) so that's even more hypothetical than Belichick.

Did you read Kirby Jackson's posts on another thread, about how small market teams are organized? It read very true to me. The problem is that the Bills historically have a very collaborative organization, with responsibility spread throughout all aspects of the organization. The GM, Coach, and CEO/president report in parallel to the Owner. The salary and contract negotiation functions reside in the CEO/president's reporting line. If the GM wants to lobby for a change, he has to go up to the Owner, the Owner has to come down through the CEO/president to discuss contract implications; if they're having the sort of weekly meetings Kirby described, each person has 3-4 people reporting to them who are getting some sort of gouge on possible developments so they can plan how it affects their part of the business. That sort of organizational model lends itself to being a leaky sieve, especially if you have "lifers" who are mourning the "good old days" and deeply resent any attempt to change the organizational culture or structure (I believe the "Whaley's gone rogue" Fredex cut was an example of changed structure causing resentment in people left out of the loop)

Yes, it's dysfunctional, and I would personally, were I Pegs, say this has to stop, heads will roll.

On the other hand, when the Bills D was observed to have not improved from last year despite all the draft picks and signings and extra coaching assistants, when stupid penalties and fundamental coaching mistakes like 12 men or 10 men on field were still seen to occur, I believe there would have been speculation and media reports of Rex's imminent firing with or without the leakage.

Dude, it's really pretty practically impossible to prove a negative. The burden of proof properly rests with the person making a claim.

Great post. Now if I came out and said do you have proof that is how things went down what would your reaction be Dude? My point was/is asking for proof on a !@#$ing message board to shut down coversation is a joke. All we are doing is speculating we aren't in a court room.

and remember when Ralph was alive and all we wanted was a rich owner who spends money?

That's why I just smh at all the idiotic fans giving crap to the Pegula's. They are spending everything it takes to win here in Buffalo. They're trying. That's all you can ask for.

And they're new to this team ownership thing. There's no college course that prepares you for owning an NFL franchise. They're learning from their mistakes right now and will get better with time and experience. Get off their backs, folks.