I Was Right: (Or FC for Czar: The Topic)

FireChan

I'll say it again.

The Bills are a .500 team. How do we win half our games? Either Rex is good and Whaley is bad - or Rex is bad and Whaley is good.

Or - maybe - neither is particular good or bad. They're both just average.

Too many say both Rex and Whaley suck. That flies in the face of reason. If they both suck as bad as their detractors say, we would be 2-13 right now.

I'm not opposed to firing Whaley too (I tend to believe both are average and average doesn't get you to the Super Bowl).

I just think the debate needs to make sense. It's just not rational to say both Rex and Whaley suck.

I'm so disgusted by all of these unemployed football czars walking around, not holding power, not being able to bestow knowledge onto ignorant football owners. just aimlessly wandering through life.

Agreed!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here he is.

Give him 10 years, $100 million. Gives him the time and motivation to make the jump. $100 million sounds like a lot, but consider the amount of money leaking out of this organization as it is.

www.patriots.com/team/staff/roster/nick-caserio

Allow him full autonomy to build it from the top down and lead a competent and deliberate search for a franchise QB, while trading down whenever possible to build in the trenches. If he wants a GM, he can hire one. He wants a cap guy, he is free to bring him in.

Edited by May Day 10

LOL why do I get the feeling you wont get a chance to express to many of your points.....look forward to your next vacation

why are you so upset over the nothing he said? Hes an antagonist, sure. But you're a protagonist, most definitely.

Not casting stones just making sure you know how many here see it...

I'll say it again.

The Bills are a .500 team. How do we win half our games? Either Rex is good and Whaley is bad - or Rex is bad and Whaley is good.

Or - maybe - neither is particular good or bad. They're both just average.

Too many say both Rex and Whaley suck. That flies in the face of reason. If they both suck as bad as their detractors say, we would be 2-13 right now.

I'm not opposed to firing Whaley too (I tend to believe both are average and average doesn't get you to the Super Bowl).

I just think the debate needs to make sense. It's just not rational to say both Rex and Whaley suck.

Agreed!

I don't think it's that simple. Rex sucked, Whaley is mediocre but has some glaring problems adds up to 8-8

I don't think it's that simple. Rex sucked, Whaley is mediocre but has some glaring problems adds up to 8-8

So an absolutely **** football coach and a mediocre GM get you 9-7 and 8-8. What does a very good coach and mediocre GM get you? 10-6 or 11-5? Seems like that may be good enough for the playoffs.

here he is.

Give him 10 years, $100 million. Gives him the time and motivation to make the jump. $100 million sounds like a lot, but consider the amount of money leaking out of this organization as it is.

www.patriots.com/team/staff/roster/nick-caserio

Allow him full autonomy to build it from the top down and lead a competent and deliberate search for a franchise QB, while trading down whenever possible to build in the trenches. If he wants a GM, he can hire one. He wants a cap guy, he is free to bring him in.

Obviously not going to happen.

So an absolutely **** football coach and a mediocre GM get you 9-7 and 8-8. What does a very good coach and mediocre GM get you? 10-6 or 11-5? Seems like that may be good enough for the playoffs.

Whaley clashes, sabotages and eventually forced out every coach that comes here. Even a good coach may not be able to handle him.

Besides, we should always be looking to improve everybody.

Edited by FireChan

Obviously not going to happen.

not now, but it is going to in some form. Whether we need to suffer through 2 or 5 more seasons to get there. We may have a Russ throwing Whaley in front of the bus to promote Monos which may extend it an additional year or 2... but Pegula will get there. wish it was now to save time and additional cap damage

Yup...Whaley sucks, but players he brings in keep making pro bowls...must be dumb luck I guess...

Wonder why the Bills aren't getting killed on their OLine after Wood went down...oh, yeah...he brought in Ryan Groy who has performed admirably, being invisible most games, which is pretty good for a backup...ever see what half the teams in the NFL's lines look like when a backup comes in?

But you are right...Watkins is terrible...Karlos was terrible...I guess its Whaley's fault he ate himself out of the league...Darby now all of a sudden apparently sucks....

This to me sounds like a guy who watches but doesn't see....

Re: Groy, he's played so well, if be tempted to consider him as a replacement for wood permanently.

fair enough

I meant vice versa. Hes the pro. You're the antagonist

Re: Groy, he's played so well, if be tempted to consider him as a replacement for wood permanently.

I'd dump wood for a 4th or a player. Hes worth a#2 wr if we gave up a 5th and lost woods

We have a football czar. he is the general manager Doug Whaley. IMHO, he has made the following mistakes:

1.Ceding too much draft control to Rex. I.e. he kept taking Clemson guys. Terrible crime to try to work with your coach. Didn't work out. Jury still out on the Ragland pick, but it did cost us a shot at Prescott.

2. Overpaying to keep certain guys (happy). McCoy, Taylor and Dareus all come under this category.

3. Not finding us a good QB. Not sure if it was him or Nix but EJ was a bad pick in a weak QB draft. Cardale was a bad pick period. Tyrod was the best QB we've seen around here in a while but definitely NOT the answer. So the search begins anew.

He is NOT responsible for the Rex hiring. he was supposedly for Hue Jackson. So he has never picked the Bills coach. Marrone not him either but marrone wasn't a bad coach. He was just an a$$hole. The GM should be at the top of the football operation. Whaley has had to share power. On the way, he and Nix upgraded the scouting dep'tmt and gave us one of the top pro personnel dep'tmts. I really feel like we are the right coach and QB from being in contention.

One thing is for sure, the Bills are a joke of an organization. The fed Anthony Lynn to the wolves today and he stumbled over the question about EJ playing, which he had to back track as he tried not to throw his employers under the bus. The way they leaked info to the media weeks ago about Rex getting fired is embarrassing. What respectable coach would want to work for an organization that does things like that to their employees? The only thing different between the Bills and Browns are their win/loss record, otherwise both organizations are poorly managed and do the most asinine things.

One thing is for sure, the Bills are a joke of an organization. The fed Anthony Lynn to the wolves today and he stumbled over the question about EJ playing, which he had to back track as he tried not to throw his employers under the bus. The way they leaked info to the media weeks ago about Rex getting fired is embarrassing. What respectable coach would want to work for an organization that does things like that to their employees? The only thing different between the Bills and Browns are their win/loss record, otherwise both organizations are poorly managed and do the most asinine things.

Would have had a lot more respect for Whaley if he would have stepped in there......dont like what the FO did to Lynn

Wow!!. It's rare to find someone who thinks so highly of himself. Your arm must hurt from patting yourself on the back.

No reason to start a Gofund me campaign as I'm sure the other 31 teams would love to hire someone as smart as you.

Well unless the GoFund me campaign is to get rid of you again, then they'd likely be many people contributing.

Thanks in advance for all the welcome backs. I'd like to take a moment, in the buildup to this meaningless week 17 matchup between EJ Manuel and Ryan Fitzpatrick, fresh off the glorious firing of a terrible coach, to talk about some things.

#1: Taylor's struggles and regression. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184548-fergys-op-ed-on-mobile-qbs-and-their-career-trajectories/

Taylor was a QB who was forced by teams to beat them without relying as much on his physical gifts this season, and he couldn't respond. He did worse to much-worse across the board stat-wise, as predicted. In this league, if you aren't getting better, you're getting worse and Taylor couldn't escape that fate.

Stats: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00.htm

#2: The Rexit as a leader of men. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/187393-tod-726-rex-love-or-hate-him/page-4

Of course, it was very easy to see another defensive mutiny was just waiting to boil over in 2016. Anyone who was shocked that the defense allowed 3 200+ yard rushers this season did not truly have their finger on the pulse of the locker room. Dareus couldn't wait to badmouth Rex on his way out this year. This entire team quit in 2015 on Rex in the Redskins game, and while the ring leader in Mario was cut out, the remaining sycophants never forgot their glorious leader and folded in the face of adversity time and time again. But you can't fire the entire defense so the only solution was to fire a man who lost a lockerroom the fastest I've ever seen. The Pegulas took too long.

#3: Defense by the numbers.

Lots of folks say that the 2014 defense was an anomaly and Rex inherited a defense that reverted to the norm. Couldn't be further from accurate.

The 2013 defense for all its warts, was 10th in total yards allowed, 7th in drive time allowed, 5th in plays per drive, 2nd in yards per drive and 12th in points per drive. All with EEEEeeeeeeeJJJJJJJ, Thad, and Tuel at the helm of the O.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2013.htm

The 2014 defense was 4th in points, 4th in yards, 5th in drive time, 3rd in plays, 3rd in yards, 1st in points per drive.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2014.htm

That looks like an upward trend to me, even battling injuries, suspensions, mostly mediocre QB's and offenses and scheme change. And then here comes the REXIT.

The 2015 defense. 15th in points,19th in yards, 3rd in time, 5th in plays, 12th in yards per drive, 14th in points per drive. Not the worst defense we've ever seen, but certainly worse than 2013, especially with the improved O. Bad. This should have gotten Rex canned immediately in order to prevent a waste of resources rebuilding a Rex scheme instead of replenishing a 4-3. Instead, we were subjected to...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/buf/2015.htm

The 2016 defense. 15th in points, 19th in yards. Seems close to 2015, no? But break it down and it gets gross. 26th in time per drive. 20th in plays per drive. 19thin in yards per drive. 22nd in points per drive. :sick:

All this because the ownership was afraid to can a clear problem. Which leads me to...

#4: The Pegulas are bad owners.

These guys have made poor decision after poor decision and it has really cost us greatly. Starting out with forcing out Marrone, a coach that had a power struggle with Whaley, and then setting up the exact same power struggle to happen again. No czar, no unilateral direction. Hiring Rex, a buffoon, either forcing Whaley to go along with a choice he wouldn't have made or getting conned by Whaley who threw his own bad decision under the bus to save his own skin. The Rex hire guaranteeing our great defense would change schemes. Is there any doubt, today of all days, we'd all be better off with another year or 2 of Marrone+Schwartz? The Pegulas walked in playing hardball and pissed away $30M and look like laughing stocks. There's still time to turn it around, but they need to rip out the rot.

#5 Whaley is not good, is impossible to work with, and is a major issue on this team. http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/184192-the-doug-whaley-positives-are-taking-huge-hits/

Here we go with this guy again. On the team for 7 years but don't hold EJ against him, it was Nix's fault! Even though 3 days after EJ was drafted, Nix was still operating as the figurehead GM and traded for Hughes. The Buffalo Bills PR machine has a vested interest in blaming everything that went wrong under Whaley to Nix.

But damn, this guy is bad. Not only has he clearly incorporated his tendrils into the Pegulas and made himself unfireable, a la Russ Brandon, but he stinks. All we have to show with Doug Whaley is a worthless TT extension that pissed away cash, a hobbled Sammy Watkins, and yet another game we have to suffer through watching his boy play QB. Not only has this guy doubled and tripled down on EJ at every opportunity, paving the way as best he could for him to play. (We all know Cassell would've been the #2 in 2015 if he didn't get traded away), but his other "hits" are barely that. The only good in 2016 player Whaley has drafted in 4 years is John freaking Miller, and he was a 3rd round OG! Woods is a disappointment, Kiko set the bar high and flamed out (McCoy trade notwithstanding, a drunk Chip Kelly doesn't count as a Whaley "great move," just like taking Luck #1 overall, it was a no-brainer), Seantrel is done in the league, Kujo is a 2nd rounder backup who is next to worthless, Karlos is gone, Cockrell is cut, Darby came back to earth, JWill is a nobody, Ragland hasn't played, Shaq looks pedestrian, Preston Brown is mediocre etc etc.

There's a laundry list of draft disappointments on this guy's head, and now he's the Pegula's right hand man? :wallbash: Honestly, someone tell me why I should have any faith Whaley will find us a franchise QB? He seems paralyzed by fear of EJ-type failure again. He hasn't taken 1 high in 3 drafts, and we have had nobody at the position. Why? Anybody? Bueller?

Not to mention his clashes with 2 HC's who he clearly poisoned the owners against and blamed for all his misfortune. The source of the leaks against Marrone and Rex are not that hard to trace.

Anyway, that's it If anyone wants to start an "FC for Czar" GoFundMe, have your people call my people.

Whaley clashes, sabotages and eventually forced out every coach that comes here. Even a good coach may not be able to handle him.

Besides, we should always be looking to improve everybody.

Where is the evidence that he clashes, sabotages & forces out coaches? Why are you so matter of fact when it is just your opinion?

Where is the evidence that he clashes, sabotages & forces out coaches? Why are you so matter of fact when it is just your opinion?

The last 4 years of Buffalo Bills dysfunction.

Wow!!. It's rare to find someone who thinks so highly of himself. Your arm must hurt from patting yourself on the back.

No reason to start a Gofund me campaign as I'm sure the other 31 teams would love to hire someone as smart as you.

Well unless the GoFund me campaign is to get rid of you again, then they'd likely be many people contributing.

Substantiative.