It would be another disaster to blow it all up.

bobobonators

Bills are also the #1 Offense in the NFL in "big plays" (rushing plays over 10yds and passing plays over 25yds), with 96 "big plays" this season.

Can't believe Pegula is dumb enough not to recognize this and that is why I am calling Lynn either the next HC or a VERY HIGHLY paid Offensive Coordinator/Assistant head coach... Maybe to Coughlin??? Hmmm.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe Pegula is dumb enough not to recognize this and that is why I am calling Lynn either the next HC or a VERY HIGHLY paid Offensive Coordinator/Assistant head coach... Maybe to Coughlin??? Hmmm.

No way this is a blow it all up step! Pegula knows they are close enough that competent coaching could be the difference.

AND we missed the playoffs.You forgot the stat that we only beat MOST of the bad teams on our schedule and were outclassed against the good teams.What exactly are you interested in keeping intact????

Pretty sure it was the good offense. Don't want to mess with the offense, just fix the defense. Rex had a lousy defense. Did you read this?

The Bills' stats got fat off some bad defenses (49ers / Browns / Jets) and posted some numbers in some lopsided games (Pats / Raiders / Steelers). More often than not in our losses the defense couldn't keep the other team off the field, but by the same token we had opportunities against the Seahawks / Dolphins (twice) / Raiders / Ravens where the offense could have either won the game or put the game on ice and failed. To look at the scoring numbers and completely remove any context shows the danger of statistics.

Nope. Every decent to good team in the NFL gets to play bad defenses just like we did, Invalid point but valid concern...

Watkins has been close to healthy in only one game this year. Last week. He's still not 100%. This is a completely different offense with him in there. And Tyrod is a different passer. That has been an enormous factor in the last two years.

The guy has had bad luck for his professsional career. It's possible he's one of those tragedies that never really gets healthy. But he wasn't injury prone in college. Julio Jones returned from the same foot injury. If Watkins is healthy this offense can score on anyone. It was remarkably good without him, even if it wasn't great.

Watkins has been close to healthy in only one game this year. Last week. He's still not 100%. This is a completely different offense with him in there. And Tyrod is a different passer. That has been an enormous factor in the last two years.

The guy has had bad luck for his professsional career. It's possible he's one of those tragedies that never really gets healthy. But he wasn't injury prone in college. Julio Jones returned from the same foot injury. If Watkins is healthy this offense can score on anyone. It was remarkably good without him, even if it wasn't great.

Good post! People seem to ignore the fact that Sammy makes a huge difference. Lots of data backing it up.

Good post! People seem to ignore the fact that Sammy makes a huge difference. Lots of data backing it up.

Sammy absolutely makes a huge difference.

NE seems to bounce with the punches every time. No Brady- no problem. No Gradkowski - no problem and on and on. Good coaching. One man a team does not make. TThas done wonders and no one seems to take the whole picture into consideration. He can be a great QB with the right coach..

AND we missed the playoffs.You forgot the stat that we only beat MOST of the bad teams on our schedule and were outclassed against the good teams.What exactly are you interested in keeping intact????

You missed the fact they scored against everybody except Baltimore but the Defense didn't fare as well. I think that is what the OP meant. 21 points should win most games.

The problem is, is we HAVEN'T BLOWN THE WHOLE THING UP. We keep making minor changes and nothing changes. the whole FO needs to go.

I hear you. I was referring specifically to the coaches. Last time we had a really good thing with Schwartz (say what you want about his success elsewhere, but he succeeded here) and didn't make him a priority. Now we have a really good thing with this offensive system, don't want to see that regress.

In short, I don't want to be a dog chasing its tail for another 20yrs seeing the defense be good with a crap offense and a good offense with a crap defense. We need to build on what already works, and fix what doesn't work at the same time.

I hear you. I was referring specifically to the coaches. Last time we had a really good thing with Schwartz (say what you want about his success elsewhere, but he succeeded here) and didn't make him a priority. Now we have a really good thing with this offensive system, don't want to see that regress.

In short, I don't want to be a dog chasing its tail for another 20yrs seeing the defense be good with a crap offense and a good offense with a crap defense. We need to build on what already works, and fix what doesn't work at the same time.

This will be the 3rd HC Whaley is involved in hiring... Couldn't get a long with the other 2... Third time the charm?

This will be the 3rd HC Whaley is involved in hiring... Couldn't get a long with the other 2... Third time the charm?

I agree that most GM's never get to hire 3 HC for the same team, unless they have a heck of a lot of playoffs and maybe a super bowl in that time frame.