[Please Change Title]talent

nuklz2594

lord help me...the patriot bride asked this...if the bills had a better coaching staff...where do you rank the bills talent wise? i say middle of the pack.

how many more wins do you really think we get?

Couple more wins with a good coach. The Bills have some good talent overall, but still need a quality QB. A better coach and QB and the Bills could be quite good. But those are two things that are very difficult to acquire.

lord help me...the patriot bride asked this...if the bills had a better coaching staff...where do you rank the bills talent wise? i say middle of the pack.

I think Coaching is what has the Bills doing well on Offense this year. Lackluster players to field in the injury riddled season. So Coaching is a plus on the O side.

As for the D side? Coaching combined with a depleted secondary was not able to overcome adversity.

Probably a playoff team with a defense. but not much more.

Here's is the thing, i think the Offense is going to become better next year with the same Coaches and healthy players with and addition or two or 3, WR TE RT.

I like that side off the ball.

I dont think Coaching would have gotten us much further this year. Takes a long time to build a winning culture, Bills have not done that quite yet. As we can all see...

Oh you don't think TT is talented?!

why do you do this?

lol

I'll hear a million reasons I'm wrong, but The KC chiefs are equivalent in talent imo.. Since I think the way their run their team would be a great match for buffalo, I'm going to say 11-5 with this schedule was definitely there.

This is fair to me. That's kind of how I feel. It's been about 2 games a year (ish).

I'll hear a million reasons I'm wrong, but The KC chiefs are equivalent in talent imo.. Since I think the way their run their team would be a great match for buffalo, I'm going to say 11-5 with this schedule was definitely there.

This is fair to me. That's kind of how I feel. It's been about 2 games a year (ish).

Even with the safety issues and the questionable CB play?

Even with the safety issues and the questionable CB play?

I think so. Maybe I'm naive or a kook-aid drinker but every team has holes. The Bills have battled some of their best players being out of the lineup and are still going to be about .500. I just look position by position and feel like they're pretty good comparatively.

Good Talent... ZERO leadership!... -Not on the field... Not on the sidelines... Not in the Front office... Doomed in the womb.

I think so. Maybe I'm naive or a kook-aid drinker but every team has holes. The Bills have battled some of their best players being out of the lineup and are still going to be about .500. I just look position by position and feel like they're pretty good comparatively.

alright. it was worth asking.

But 11 wins is the ceiling for me.

and let me clarify. The talent is probably not being nurtured as well as it could be.

Talent is an interesting term. There seems to be this idea that physical talent is the driving force behind wins and losses. More "talent" is supposed to equal more wins. But we should be clear and careful because talent in the NFL is physical talent (speed, strength, height, etc.) and intellectual talent (intelligence, aptitude, maturity, professionalism). ON a football team, it's clear some positions require an abundance of both types of talent and others do well with more physical than intellectual talent.

As I have railed against here for a long time, I hate dumb football players. Can't win with em! Every block in the back, every missed tackle, out of position, not on the field, every run out of bounds short of the sticks or when you should stay in bounds, every missed open receiver, every unnecessary personal foul, all add up to negative plays that hurt a football team.

This is especially important a the QB position. Again, I have posted many times about the Wonderlic, which those who minimize intelligence immediately discount as "standardized tests that measure nothing" because they sucked at the SAT. Without spending endless effort here, go look up the reported Wonderlic scores of Super Bowl winning QBs, shockingly they all have on thing in common (except Bradshaw who I think is dyslexic or has some learning disability) and that is a score of at least 22 (for reference 20 is considered average or equal to a 100 IQ).

Tyrod reportedly scored a 15. The comparison here to the Chiefs as a model to follow s good because Alex Smith reportedly scored a 40. He's a classic example of a QB with less physical talent than Tyrod but likely miles ahead intellectually.

Here's the caveat in the QB argument... a 22+ doesn't guarantee you playoffs or a Super Bowl and a sub-22 doesn't mean you never make the playoffs, sometimes physically gifted QBs get to the playoffs. But... a sub-22 does not win you a Super Bowl.

Maybe the guy to challenge that will be Derek Carr and his 20.

One note here, many players take it twice and are coached up on the test, leaving some questions about it's validity. So often you reported scores that are high but will also find other sites where the player in question has two scores, the first and second attempt. Losman fits the Bill here, scoring a 14 the first time and miraculously a 31 the second.

As much as everyone loves to hammering coaching when they lose, the reality is, this team has made countless mental mistakes this year that are not attributed to coaching. The 10 men on the field complaint this week is interesting. As Rex always does, he takes the blames to shield his players, which then is taken here and in the media as "Rex sucks." But here's the question: does Rex have a play in the defensive playbook that calls for 10 men? Or did someone miss the play call and not get on the field?

The problem here is every treats every issue as black or white. Loses mean Rex sucks. Wins means players are awesome. Football is a complex system of moving parts played by sentient human beings who are prone to mistakes. Players who need the playbook dumbed down are a liability, they limited what the team can do. Nothing irks me more than "the defensive playbook is to complex" argument. Huh, worked well in Baltimore with Ed Reed and Ray Lewis.

And this brings me to the one single issue I think is under-discussed and that is leadership. It really dawned on me when the I watched the pre-game last week before the Bucs played. Winston had that team on the sidelines in a huddle getting fired up and ready to play. Lewis and Reed did that as well. Players were held accountable by them, they didn't want to let those guys and their teammates down.

Who are the vocal and visible leaders on this team? Who is getting his ass chewed when he comes to the sideline after a stupid play or being propped up after a good one?Can anyone recall Tyrod this season walking the bench, rallying the troops? Maybe part of the problem now is that they look to Rex for that, which I think is a mistake. They need a leader, badly, and have for a very long time.

I tend to take a more intellectual rather than "brawn" approach to football and I think a good leader would do wonders. Think about the bad coworkers or bosses you worked with and your desire to do well for them, because that's what football takes, a desire to do well for the greater good. Now if you have been lucky enough to have a great leader for a boss, think about how you worked harder and better because of leadership. I've experience both, I actually enjoyed working under great leadership,

Leaders can't be manufactured, they have to be proven, respected, and good. They have to be accountable to their teams. On defense, who is that guy? Not Dareus. Not Gilmore. Not Hughes. No Kyle (classic lead by example guy, which I hate).

In order, I think the problems this year were:

Talent/injuries - they go together. Your bench players are bench players for a reason, they're not as good as your starters. When you lose starters, "talent" drops off in almost all cases on all teams. The safety position is a mess. Same with the WRs.

Under-performance - some players regressed this year, especially the CBs. I think the DL under-performed.

QB play. Self-explanatory. Every high-pressure game, TT stepped on his own feet. He can't lead a team from behind for a win. At some point around the Seattle game someone said he was 1-13 in games when he trailed by 4 or more. Yes, some loses are not his fault, but when in a position to make plays and win a game, he just can't.

Coaching - Does Rex make mistakes, hell yeah. If you want the NFL, they all do more often than people want to believe. Even the great BB. If you expect a new coach to be error free, Doug Marrone, Dick Jauron, Mike Mularkey, and Gregg Wiliams will see you now. They all do it.

Give me the lower ranked of two players with more brains, every time. Give me guys who hate to lose, just can't stand it (doesn't seem to rankle a lot of players) and you've got building blocks.

So that's my diatribe for the morning. Off to work and to be productive.

Ask her if the Pats had a coaching staff with less ability to hide cheating, steroids and HGH programs where she thinks the Pats rank talent wise?