Cujo getting good press

Fixxxer

Are people serious when they say this kind of thing?

Trade away one of your best players for a pick that may mean nothing??

Crazy, illogical, the kind of thinking that would mean a team would almost never become championship caliber, constantly rolling the dice, taking ridiculous gambles devoid of logic.

Get rid of a very high quality offensive lineman because another lineman shows some promise! Yikes.

Belichick has traded Mankins, Chandler Jones etc. He doesn't worry if his sentimental fans think he's crazy, he simply maximizes value and profits where he can. He's not afraid to part with a good player if its best for the franchise and adds value.

You'll notice my post said "if Kouandjio is legit." So its not if he shows a little promise like you say, I'm talking about a scenario where they're confident that Kouandjio can play left tackle

Cordy Glenn playing left tackle is worth more than Cordy Glenn playing right tackle. The same player on the left side is worth more in terms of both money and impact on W/L. Protecting the blindside is a valuable commodity that teams pay for. A team that can't play Glenn at left tackle doesn't benefit from him as much as a team that needs an LT, and so there's a natural opportunity to profit. For a team like the Bills who are desperately seeking a QB and who will need to re-build their core soon, the ability to get younger and cheaper AND add a draft pick is a blessing.

Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so I understand what everyone is saying

We should trade a quality OT in his prime because we dont like the fact that he is protecting the right side rather then the blind side?

and hope that a draft pick yields us something then having book end OT's to protect what may very well be a rookie if Tyrod departs?

Do you realize that is the definition of insanity?

Same insanity thinking he can play RT eventhough he jas never played the Right Side in his football career

Belichick has traded Mankins, Chandler Jones etc. He doesn't worry if his sentimental fans think he's crazy, he simply maximizes value and profits where he can. He's not afraid to part with a good player if its best for the franchise and adds value.

You'll notice my post said "if Kouandjio is legit." So its not if he shows a little promise like you say, I'm talking about a scenario where they're confident that Kouandjio can play left tackle

Cordy Glenn playing left tackle is worth more than Cordy Glenn playing right tackle. The same player on the left side is worth more in terms of both money and impact on W/L. Protecting the blindside is a valuable commodity that teams pay for. A team that can't play Glenn at left tackle doesn't benefit from him as much as a team that needs an LT, and so there's a natural opportunity to profit. For a team like the Bills who are desperately seeking a QB and who will need to re-build their core soon, the ability to get younger and cheaper AND add a draft pick is a blessing.

I like your breakdown

But the Bills finally have a good offensive line. To get rid of a great player for an unknown, the draft pick, does not make sense. If Kujo works out then the Bills can move Glenn to right tackle possibly, or one may make a great guard. The offensive line is now the strength of the team, leading a great running attack. You don't all of the sudden roll the dice and play around with that success.

The Bills will constantly experience mediocrity if they consistently diminish a strength for an unknown, a crap shoot, which, in the end, almost every draft pick is. The Bills should continue to strengthen their offensive line, not undermine it.

I remember the same kinds of things being said about Marshawn Lynch when he was here, to get rid of him, get a draft pick, that we had a great running back in Jackson. I said on here at the time the trade was in the top two of the worst moves the Bills had ever made, that they got rid of their best player.

This is not the well oiled machine that the Patriots are; you hold onto your best players or the Bills will constantly will be spinning their wheels, shooting craps.

I felt the same way when the Bills got rid of Schwartz. Incredible hubris, stupidity too, to think your new unknown was going to do better than the top 5 defense the Bills had.

Edited by Mister Defense

True

Just going by the philosophy that if you are a very good LT you should be an even better RT. Kujo is a unique situation because of the knee

Many couldnt make the switch. Long for example.

It is competely different mechanics of the position. And to think someone can just slide in there thag has never played the right side ever in football is a question at best and really shouldnt be your primary plan to address RT in offseason.

Edited by MAJBobby