Tyrod Taylor - pick up the option

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, this is pretty close to a Trolling post. We all know you understand the cap and its realities. None of us cares if Pegula foolishly throws all his fortune into cornering the used Pet Rock market. But we do understand that there are so many major holes in the Bills roster, and we are so sick of all the excuses the team gives us for not putting together a winning professional roster that will give we fans a playoff team for the first time in 18 years. "We can't afford it under the cap". "If it wasn't for the cap...", "It was strictly a cap issue".

With a fixed cap, throwing a huge chunk of that cap toward a mediocre game manager QB who has already reached his ceiling, who shows little improvement after two full seasons and 6 years in the league, and who will not get us to the playoffs means we will continue you hear the cap excuse from the Bills for years into the future. "We would have liked to sign him, but we can't afford (player X) under the cap". It affects us as fans directly. It is fine that you think Tyrod is way better than many of us do. We all can have our differing opinions on the value of Tyrod to the Bills finally making the playoffs after the longest playoff drought in the NFL. That is the real issue here. How capable does one think Tyrod is of leading the Bills fans to the promised land of the playoffs.You know it is not about the money being spent out of Pegula's personal fortune, it is about the cap. And you know that. Shame, Shame, Shame.

Oh, and points scored is a lot more of a team result than a purely offensive one.

When Gilmore turns in a pick six, does that mean the offense has done a terrific job on the play? When the opponent fumbles the kickoff on a hard hit and we recover the ball on the 11 yard-line, is it just as difficult for the offense to score as it is on an eighty-yard drive? Does the STs get no credit? If the offense loses 15 yards on penalties, a sack and a three-yard loss on a run, but we get a field goal out of it, should that be considered a rousing success for the offense? It is if you count by points scored.

The stat that does a far better job in isolating offensive contribution is total yards. Not total points. When you put up a bunch of yards, you're putting your defense in a better position consistently. And that makes them better able to put you in a better position statistically. And the Bills offense isn't doing that.

They aren't horrible, this offense. The defense is probably a bit worse. But there isn't a unit on this team that is even average.

Dude. You haven't watched any Bills games this year I presume.

And did you even check on the stats you are claiming? Answer = No

By your own definition of stats - total yards - The Bills offense ranks #12

And according to your interpretation that is below average? Okay pal.

You just typed up a bunch of made up crap. :thumbdown:

OP, this is pretty close to a Trolling post. We all know you understand the cap and its realities. None of us cares if Pegula foolishly throws all his fortune into cornering the used Pet Rock market. But we do understand that there are so many major holes in the Bills roster, and we are so sick of all the excuses the team gives us for not putting together a winning professional roster that will give we fans a playoff team for the first time in 18 years. "We can't afford it under the cap". "If it wasn't for the cap...", "It was strictly a cap issue".

With a fixed cap, throwing a huge chunk of that cap toward a mediocre game manager QB who has already reached his ceiling, who shows little improvement after two full seasons and 6 years in the league, and who will not get us to the playoffs means we will continue you hear the cap excuse from the Bills for years into the future. "We would have liked to sign him, but we can't afford (player X) under the cap". It affects us as fans directly. It is fine that you think Tyrod is way better than many of us do. We all can have our differing opinions on the value of Tyrod to the Bills finally making the playoffs after the longest playoff drought in the NFL. That is the real issue here. How capable does one think Tyrod is of leading the Bills fans to the promised land of the playoffs.You know it is not about the money being spent out of Pegula's personal fortune, it is about the cap. And you know that. Shame, Shame, Shame.

You arent looking forward to the phrase "when Tyrod's dead money is off the books"?

Edited by May Day 10

Good enough battle cry. If they were good enough they would be in the playoffs.

our 27th rank run d has a lot to do with this. meanwhile our scoring per game (7th) is higher than 7 playoff teams.

and where are the teams that have softer ppg on offense? in the top 10 on points allowed per game on defense. don't blame the QB, though that's pretty much your identity on this site.

Fitz's knee Jerk reaction all over again.

When Washignton did it right (wow never thought i would say that). Saw a QB that flashed enough but needed another year to decide Franchise Tagged him.

It was a calculated risk by the Bills and now they are stuck with the worst case scenario with this option.

The risk was we extend him now on what will be a cheaper rate long term for a top end QB.

He continued to improve this year and show he is that no brainer pick option have a long term QB.

He fails to do that easy dont pick up option re engage the position.

Worst case he does exactly what he did this year? Slight regression but didnt fall on his face No What? Hard decision to commit 3 years.

Funny thing and said this when the knee jerk extension was announced. The Bills caused this situation themselves.

With no extension in place one could argue and i would likely agree yes no brainer Tag Tyrod.

Hard to Argue and get me and seems like alot to agree to pick up the 3 year option.

our 27th rank run d has a lot to do with this. meanwhile our scoring per game (7th) is higher than 7 playoff teams.

and where are the teams that have softer ppg on offense? in the top 10 on points allowed per game on defense. don't blame the QB, though that's pretty much your identity on this site.

Then again how is Oakland in the playoffs with their very bad Defense?

Want to know why i care so much about QB, because it is proven in order for Long Term success (thats what we want right?) you have to have one.

If we dont want that long term success fine tell me and i will use the mantra of its always something else like we have for 17 years.

Fitz's knee Jerk reaction all over again.

When Washignton did it right (wow never thought i would say that). Saw a QB that flashed enough but needed another year to decide Franchise Tagged him.

It was a calculated risk by the Bills and now they are stuck with the worst case scenario with this option.

The risk was we extend him now on what will be a cheaper rate long term for a top end QB.

He continued to improve this year and show he is that no brainer pick option have a long term QB.

He fails to do that easy dont pick up option re engage the position.

Worst case he does exactly what he did this year? Slight regression but didnt fall on his face No What? Hard decision to commit 3 years.

Funny thing and said this when the knee jerk extension was announced. The Bills caused this situation themselves.

With no extension in place one could argue and i would likely agree yes no brainer Tag Tyrod.

Hard to Argue and get me and seems like alot to agree to pick up the 3 year option.

Then again how is Oakland in the playoffs with their very bad Defense?

Want to know why i care so much about QB, because it is proven in order for Long Term success (thats what we want right?) you have to have one.

If we dont want that long term success fine tell me and i will use the mantra of its always something else like we have for 17 years.

Seven out of 12 playoff teams have been able to make it there with less production from their offense than we provide our team.

and OAK still made the playoffs with a horrible D because they were then forced to get into shootouts and score 30+ points in eight different games. no one else has that identity as a playoff team. and it's definitely NOT sustainable. (they won two games by 1 point and three games by 3 points).

give me balance. if our O can put up the same production next year with a top 10 d (which on paper we had), then we're a playoff team. that's indisputable. now, if we bring in a qb who is productive, what is he going to give us? a few more spots up on the PPG? oh now we're fourth not seventh. but our d still blows games for us. that's just as stupid.

Seven out of 12 playoff teams have been able to make it there with less production from their offense than we provide our team.

and OAK still made the playoffs with a horrible D because they were then forced to get into shootouts and score 30+ points in eight different games. no one else has that identity as a playoff team. and it's definitely NOT sustainable. (they won two games by 1 point and three games by 3 points).

give me balance. if our O can put up the same production next year with a top 10 d (which on paper we had), then we're a playoff team. that's indisputable. now, if we bring in a qb who is productive, what is he going to give us? a few more spots up on the PPG? oh now we're fourth not seventh. but our d still blows games for us. that's just as stupid.

Ok fair point now go show me were one post i ever said the defense doesnt need to improve.

I dont have to settle for 3 years at QB to improve defense.

So again what do we WANT as fans. Long term sustainable success? Or to just break the drought.

Whats the goal? If just break the drought fine commit to TT for three years, keep Rex continue putting off season assets into defense.

If it is long term success fire rex, move on from TT and start the roster purge of overpaid players

Nice post, that analysis would make me consider keeping Taylor around.

I would add:

consistency: inconsistent

intangibles: lacks (failed to finish many games, failed to bring the team back from a deficit, doesn't/can't audible)

IMO don't pick up option on Taylor but resign him to an incentive based contract then draft a QB (or 2) to sit for a year or two, and consider a free agent QB

That's a ridiculous proposition. If we dropped the option, he would leave for another team. period. You can only pick up the option or move on to someone else. There isn't any way he wouldn't be in sufficient demand that he would come crawling back to the Buffalo Bills on some incentive-based contract.

The other part of the analysis about what to do, is what other options are out there? I haven't heard a single one that's appealing. Romo, Cutler, Glennon.. please. None of them are an upgrade on Tyrod.

If Cardale Jones has it, then he can show it in the pre-season like Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson...and Tyrod Taylor did the years that they were trusted with the starting QB jobs respectively.

Otherwise we can draft someone else, of course. But we have other major needs too. Tyrod still has room to grow, he's only a 2nd years starter. There's no indication that he's hit a ceiling... I'm keeping him!

Tyrod Taylor is no where near as good as Mike Vick used to be in his prime. I stopped reading after I read that.

Well maybe not at running the football.

But throwing the football, Tyrod is definitely better. Check the stats - Tyrod vs Vick

And somewhere out there is a video where Vick and Tyrod were working out together (years ago when Vick was in NFL) back at Virginia Tech because they are both Hokies. In that video, the people said, Tyrod is a lot like Mike Vick but with a better arm. And the stats and eye test both suggest they are right.

Of course you woukd because it is accurate

Wrong

I'd chill out on the Patriot love, though. They have made exactly one great decision : drafting Tom Brady . The ultimate flyer in the sixth round so even they were throwing darts with the pick. The word was that BB was going to be fired if the Pats lost to the Jets on that fateful Sunday in 2001 . They missed the playoffs in 2000 and had just one win at the time. Then Mo Lewis changed the NFL landscape with a single hit. The Pats FO has had their share of hits and misses since, but a HOF QB can polish a lot of turds.

I don't know if anyone listened to the John Murphy show the Monday after Cleveland. I was the last caller around 2:40pm. I asked Donald Jones to describe what makes the Patriots so good, since he played there.

He basically said it's fear.

Players are afraid to screw up because expectations are so high in New England that if you don't "do your job" you're gone. He said it's not a fun place for a player but you can't argue with results.

Now the threat of cutting players only works if your top players buy in, and your coaching staff have a clear vision from the top. Two things that don't exist in a Rex Ryan staff.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

That's a ridiculous proposition. If we dropped the option, he would leave for another team. period. You can only pick up the option or move on to someone else. There isn't any way he wouldn't be in sufficient demand that he would come crawling back to the Buffalo Bills on some incentive-based contract.

The other part of the analysis about what to do, is what other options are out there? I haven't heard a single one that's appealing. Romo, Cutler, Glennon.. please. None of them are an upgrade on Tyrod.

If Cardale Jones has it, then he can show it in the pre-season like Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson...and Tyrod Taylor did the years that they were trusted with the starting QB jobs respectively.

Otherwise we can draft someone else, of course. But we have other major needs too. Tyrod still has room to grow, he's only a 2nd years starter. There's no indication that he's hit a ceiling... I'm keeping him!

Proof that none of those names listed, in this Bills offense would not be equal to or better than TT.

And yes Romo is much better (would be much much much but downgraded for Health) better than Taylor.

And no TT is at his ceiling sorry you will see it eventually hopefully on another team though

But throwing the football, Tyrod is definitely better. Check the stats - Tyrod vs Vick

And somewhere out there is a video where Vick and Tyrod were working out together (years ago when Vick was in NFL) back at Virginia Tech because they are both Hokies. In that video, the people said, Tyrod is a lot like Mike Vick but with a better arm. And the stats and eye test both suggest they are right.

Wrong

My eye test says watch Vick win a playoff game in lambeau.

Vick was way better. He could actually win you a game.

It didn't last long though. Just like Tyrod's occasional good games.

Wrong

Watch the games really go watch Mike Vick in his prime. Jesus FF really ruined football.

Also Vick played in the pre rule change to make it easier passing era of football.

My god people i get you like Tyrod. But jesus be objective

I don't know if anyone listened to the John Murphy show the Monday after Cleveland. I was the last caller around 2:40pm. I asked Donald Jones to describe what makes the Patriots so good, since he played there.

He basically said it's fear.

Players are afraid to screw up because expectations are so high in New England that if you don't "do your job" you're gone. He said it's not a fun place for a player but you can't argue with results.

Now the threat of cutting players only works if your top players buy in, and your coaching staff have a clear vision from the top. Two things that don't exist in a Rex Ryan staff.

Well that and threat of cutting works only if you stop writing cut proof contracts.

Edited by MAJBobby

Watch the games really go watch Mike Vick in his prime. Jesus FF really ruined football.

Also Vick played in the pre rule change to make it easier passing era of football.

My god people i get you like Tyrod. But jesus be objective

I provided proof. You provided opinion. You are the one not being objective.

What does FF stand for?

I provided proof. You provided opinion. You are the one not being objective.

What does FF stand for?

Fantasy Football

I also provided proof that Mike Vick prime was pre easy passing rule changes.

Also who were Vicks Weapons? Did he have an Elite RB.

Top end TE? Top 3 run Blocking offense?

Edited by MAJBobby